GetQuad! Draft 4/Rules
- The tournament consists of two divisions - round robin structure for each.
- Squad and Team difference:
- A Squad is two teams: Divided into a division 1 team and a division 2 team.
- A Division 1 team has four players
- A Division 2 team has five players.
- Each team plays each other once in a best-of-three in standard league play.
- We will evaluate midterm together with the squads if we are having each team play each other twice. ("Another go around")
- Points are awarded based on map wins, 1 point per map win.
- If teams are equal in the table on match wins:
Then map difference + - (net maps) will separate the teams.
-If teams still can not be separated:
Then positions will be decided based upon their internal fight.
-If 3 or more teams are still equal and they have all beaten each other:
Then the map difference + - in those internal fights will decide.
If still equal:
-The frag difference in those internal fights decide.
If that is also equal:
-Then the total frag difference of all games decide.
- Both divisions will have playoffs - with best of five structure.
- 1 Map pool and picking process
- 2 Team Restrictions / Use of Squad players / Stand-ins
- 3 Timeframe / Schedule rules
- 4 Ping
- 5 Server Settings
- 6 Match Reporting
- 7 Allowed clients
- 8 Allowed rulesets
- 9 Allowed proxies
- 10 Scripting and cheats
- 11 Warnings and disqualification
- 12 Server problems
- 13 Admins
Map pool and picking process
- loser of earlier "/cmd rnd team team" tosses first.
- First map is picked by the higher ranked team in league.
Team Restrictions / Use of Squad players / Stand-ins
- None of the Division 1 players can stand-in in a division 2 match from the same squad.
(We are open to lessening this, IF div2 teams should collapse and need stand-ins.
However our first response might be to instead replace div2 team members or use stand-ins of appropriate skill.
Should that not work, a general rule for all the teams will be put into effect that div1-THIRD PICK'ed players can stand-in for div2
matches - but it will be clearly communicated to all Squads if such a thing happens, and all squads will benefit from rule change.)
- All of the divisions 2 players can stand in for any division 1 player as long as they belong to the same squad.
- Replacement of players in a squad can occur when a player in a squad no longer is able to participate.
- The person replacing the squad member has to be approved by admins.
- Stand-in are dynamic and can play for several teams.
- Any stand-in for any game has to be approved by the admins.
- The stand-in pool consist of late signers, that missed the deadline or people can volunteer to be placed on it.
- Admins will always attempt to ensure that the stand-in is suitable as a replacement
- Any stand-in for any game has to be approved by the admins.
- Admins will not force a stand-in on a team.
- With the exception that if div1 games fail to be played after several attempts - an attempt will be made to have both teams use a div2 player from their squad.
Timeframe / Schedule rules
- All matches will have a deadline and teams should be active in communicating with each other and schedule their games.
- This communication has to be done in the divisions scheduling channel.
- Once a match has an agreed upon time - this needs to typed into the #schedule channel.
- Each match has a one week window in which it can be played.
- The EXACT schedule for each division will be listed on GetQuad site.
These deadlines and matches listed under temporary and will be removed once GQ site is up.
Round 1 :
Deadline div 1 = 4'th December
Div 2 = 11'th
s3 vs. s2.
s6 vs. s4
s7 vs. s5
Round 2 :
Deadline div 1 = December 11'th
div 2 = December 18'th
s4 vs. s7
s2 vs. s6
s1 vs. s3
Round 3 :
Deadlive div 1 = December 18'th
div 2 = January 3.
s6 vs. s1
s7 vs. s2
s5 vs s4
Deadline div1 =January 3.
Div2 = January 10.
s2 vs. s5
s1 vs s7
s3 vs s6
Deadline div1 = January 10.
div2 = January 17
s7 vs s3
s5 vs s1
s4 vs s2
Deadline div1 = January 17
div2 = January 24
s1 vs s4
S3 vs s5
s6 vs s7
Deadline div1 = January 24
Div2 deadline = January 31.
s5 vs s6
s4 vs s3
s2 vs s1
- If a team is idling or deemed by the admins to not be making an effort to produce the game it will be considered as if the offending team forfeits the match, and a Walk Over (WO) shall be awarded to the opposition.
- A Walkover will result in 2 points being awarded to the beneficiary, and 0 points to the offending team.
- Choice of server should be suitable for both teams
- The pings should be the most even for the 2 teams and measures like cl_delay_packet to increase the fairness of a match are welcomed.
- Matches must be played on the servers of the continent were the competition is being held.
- The team A with highest average ping can require the other team B to ping up to the level of team A's lowest pinging player. Only the best possible ping is accounted for. Using delay packet or rerouting to raise the ping of the lowest pinging player in order to force the other team to ping up more is NOT allowed.
- The maximum min-ping that can be required is 52ms.
- If players still can't agree on a server, please contact admins about it. Admin decision is final.
- Timelimit: 20 minutes
- Overtime: 5 minutes if match is a draw
- Deathmatch mode: 1
- Teamplay mode: 2
- Spawn mode: KTX2 Respawns
- Powerups: ON
- Discharge: ON
- KFjump: Toggled OFF (command = tkfjump)
- Airstep: OFF
- Jawnmode: OFF
- Antilag (or equivalent): ON (unless both teams agree to play without it.)
- Fallbunny: ON (if server allows)
- No berzerk, midair, instagib or other unusual modes.
- If a team requests nospecs-mode, the other team is obliged to comply.
These should be the basic 4on4 settings on all modern servers, but make sure to check if you are unsure.
- The team that wins the match should report the match.
- Reporting of the match is done through the GetQuad website.
- In order for a match to be valid you'll need to have screenshots from each played map
- EzQuake 3.2.2 and above - also allowed are EzQuake 3.2.2 and above pre-releases, alpha and beta versions.
- "Applications" to enable more clients forum thread here: https://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/topic/7548/2020-client-chat
- You play with pre-releases, alpha and beta versions at your own and your teams risk - crashing mid game or otherwise being unable to play if you are playing on one of these: Is not a valid excuse for anything.
- ezQuake: smackdown, qcon
- Players should do f_ruleset checks before game start. It is ultimately the responsibility of the players to perform this check, and in general, matches played with outlying rulesets will not be overturned if the players neglected to perform this duty. Where there is ambiguity, the decision will be decided by the Admins.
- Qizmo 2.91
Using disallowed clients/proxies might lead to points deduction or even a WO.
Scripting and cheats
- cl_fakeshaft (only mentioned here as it used to be forbidden)
- movement scripts (ezquake: cl_idrive must be OFF)
- custom rocket jump scripts
- Any other kind of movement scripts
- Automated teamsays
- Skin changing depending on health/armour/weapon
- Custom models not allowed by f_modified
- Any kind of cheat (wallhack, aimbot, timers etc.)
- Hacked clients
- Coaching, (timing quad and other items, relaying enemy positions and giving teamplay suggestions)
- Different individual enemy skins
Failure to follow these restrictions can result in the player or team receiving harsh penalties such as, but not limited to:
- points deduction
- player disqualification
- team disqualification
- permanent ban.
Warnings and disqualification
- Two warnings will result in disqualification
To retain order in the league and prevent teams from cheating effectively we may issue warnings to teams if they misbehave in some way.
- Having one or several players intentionally drop from server during a game without replacing them
- Playing in more than one team, or playing under someone else's name in another team (mercing). Standins are an exception.
- Fakenicking to get into a division where you don't belong
- Griefing, flaming and abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.
Most of these cases could result in direct disqualification of the player (and in some cases the whole team) and a ban of at least 1 season.
- The current map should be played to the end, no matter the servers condition
- In case of a disconnected player, teams should pause the game, by team captain asking admin status, all players should concede it fast and elected admin player should type ""pause"". Teams should wait maximum 10 minutes for the player, after that if the player is not back into the server, game must resume.
This procedure exists to help a player/team that encountered a problem, but is not to be abused, which in that case will be analyzed by the admins.
- Admins will decide if a map should be replayed on another server
- If a server gives 2 or more spikes that result in 100% packet loss for all players for more that 10 seconds, the map should be replayed on another server if the teams do not agree to the score/situation.
The admins are there to help you, so if you ever need our assistance or have any questions, you can find us in the GetQuake discord server. Admins can change/fix rules if problems occur.