Quakeworld GetQuad! Draft season 2 is a league that run from the 1st of October, 2019, until the 20th of December. Players are drafted into teams in two divisions based on their skill level.
For previous drafts, see GetQuad! Draft 1 and Salvation Draft League.
- Games will be played on european servers.
- Group stage: BO3 maps; first to win 2 maps wins. You get 1 point for a map win.
- Playoff stage: BO5 maps; where #1 play #4, #2 play #3.
|Decider map in division 2 will be one of the TB3 maps, with following format:
- If no TB3 maps have been played then each team tosses 1 map each.
- If 1 TB3 map has been played, the deciding map shall be chosen at random using /random map map, using the 2 remaining maps that did not get picked.
- If 2 TB3 maps have been played, the last one is played as decider.
- Any map can be played at any stage, as long as both teams agree.
What is a draft?
The word «draft» comes from the US pro sports (NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB) and means that each team gets to pick players, in turns. This system was made so that all teams got the chance to make «equal teams». The opposite of this is the typical european sports (especially soccer), where money very much decides the skill level of the teams.