The original's game (client and server) source code was released in December 1999. Since then a plethora of projects spawned. Community driven development made the game richer and more up to date.
As of 2014, QuakeWorld development is steadily at a slow pace. There are projects on the table, but lack of time among existing developers prevent them to start.
Some development projects we would like to carry on:
If you're a developer, read this inspirational blog entry
by one of the main ezQuake contributors
Johnny_czMeanwhile, some linksInside3DFabien Sanglard's Quake Engine Code reviewezQuake's gitHub
- QuakeWorld clientFTE Sf.net
- QuakeWorld clientMVDSV gitHub
- QuakeWorld server KTX gitHub
- QuakeWorld server modificationQTV gitHub
- QuakeWorld match broadcasting toolMVDParser gitHub
- MVDSV demo file parserqwFwd gitHub
- QuakeWorld proxy