The three casted pre-seeding tournament starts tonight at 10:00 CST. (17:00 CEST, 15:00 UTC, 18:00 MSK) for those participating.
If you are going to QuakeCon this is your chance to influence the seeds, so be sure to signup straight away!
For those not going, this is a nice chance for you to play in a casted tournament =)http://www.challonge.com/TrueDamage/
To start you off; included is a checklist of the main things you need to know when playing in the True Damage
Good luck everyone playing!Update after cup:VOD on Tastyspleen TVDemos (thanks Meag)
Because of the lack of 2on2 tournaments in QW's recent history , it will be hard for the organizers to seed the tournament properly as they say they would like to seed by real game stats.
My speculation: If you that are going to QuakeCon does not show up for these events; I would imagine whining about bad seeds once you get to the US, will be met with little sympathy if you are not showing up for these events.
Short easy checklist if you are playing:
1. The required client with "QCON" ruleset that you need to play with is apart of Nquake release of EZquake
(The exact file could still change before you start, I'm sure you'll get a message on discord or somewhere for those that are on it):
All you need to do is grab this file: http://uttergrottan.localghost.net/ezquake/dev/nightlybuilds/win32/2016-06-10-bbfc34b-ezquake.7z
- and lob it into X:/Nquake Folder and start QW with this file while also enabling the QCON ruleset.
F_version check must respond with ezquake 3.0.1-dev R4855~bbfc34b
Remember you have to be REGISTERED and "checked-in" on the challonge site here http://www.challonge.com/TrueDamage/
between 10:00 and 11:00
CST. (17:00 CEST, 15:00 UTC, 18:00 MSK)
3. Your entire team must ALSO be on this discord: https://discord.gg/0yt6OKTnLo69e04m
in the same window of time as you check-in. And I assume while you play.
4. All the players have to ping-up to equal pings
Meaning even the US - players have to ping up to EU when you play in US, and vise versa.
5. Games are assumed to be played on NA servers, but you can play on another if both teams agree.
6. The map pool is standard, but the tournament is using Bo3 dropping rules that we might not be to familiar with but is very easy and intuitive:
- There will first be a cointoss that will be held on the discord channel.
- The cointoss winners removes first map from the map pool. The loser then removes one.
- After this the cointoss winners selects
the first map to be played, while the loser selects the second one.
- The unselected, and not removed, map will be the tie map.
There will be a loser bracket and the final will be a best of five.
If you would like to dive into the rules you can read more here: http://www.quakecon.org/official_tournaments/quakecon-2016-quake-world-tdm-open-rules/
But I think I covered the basic points you need to know when you are playing in the checklist.
The games will be casted, if anyone know who is casting the events, and where it will be casted, give one of the qw.nu writers a beep so they can update this post!
For now all I know is the cast and games will start around 12:00
CST. (19:00 CEST, 17:00 UTC, 20:00 MSK)
Hope you all sign up!
Good luck everyone!