Ever thought how survival game mode fits into QuakeWorld? Now is your chance to test it, as recently KTX-team has been working on a new survival game mode called Bloodfest. Read more to find what is this all about.
The main idea of Bloodfest
is to team up with some friends and start slaughtering some innocent and cute monsters. The longer you survive, the harder surviving becomes. The more people are alive, the easier surviving should be, but this isn't always the case since teammates can be very hazardous to your health with their misplaced quad rockets.
How do you enable Bloodfest
on servers? By typing /votecoop
and then voting for a map. The supported maps currently are:
Also a few words about how Bloodfest
- monsters spawn in waves in 20 second intervals
- each wave has 20% more monsters than the previous wave
- each monster killed gives player +1 to score
- each monster killed gives player +3HP and +2RA
- team and self damage is enabled
- monsters drop quad damage occasionally
- dropped quad damage will lose its duration, so it should be picked up fast
- quad damage duration stacks, but only up to 30 seconds
- player with least hp should probably take the quad damage since it allows faster regeneration (easier kills)
- each monster takes heavy environmental damage from lava, slime and water (except fish)
- fish are 5 times faster than they normally would be
- lg discharge makes no damage, but lg will be lost in the process
is rather taxing due to numerous entities in the map (up to 100 monsters, gibs, projectiles, players, so don't wonder if your machine can't handle it like normal games.
- a fast cpu, rendering a lot of monsters and projectiles will cause a huge fps drop even on the fastest computers
- high rate value: rates can go beyond 30000 so if you don't want to drop frame updates, use higher rate than this
- ezQuake 2.1 beta or newer
- if you need routing, make sure the proxy you are using is updated
Note!: Qizmo is not supported
The servers that support Bloodfest
currently are: quakeworld.fi:28666
(always the latest development version with latest map support) otto.dyndns-free.com:27500 qw-dev.net:28001 qw-dev.net:28002 qw-dev.net:28003 qw-dev.net:28004 qw-dev.net:28005
Also note that Bloodfest
is still under development, so there are bugs to be found, so don't wonder if you get telefragged by monsters or get stuck to your teammate in the beginning of the round.