With Thunderdome9 fast approaching, the weekly tournaments will run again, this time with TD9 'extended' map-pool to choose from: DM2,DM4,DM6,AERO,ZTN3,BRAVADO & MONSOON. Hopefully this helps people get prepared for Thunderdome, once it is up and running we'll switch back to trying out some kenya maps.
Map-tossing & ping rules remain the same as the other Sunday cups, so be prepared to play on London servers if playing opponents from North/South America. Tournament starts at 20:00 CET (19:00 GMT/UTC) and will run for approx 4 hours. Exact structure may change due to numbers but expect a group stage and then knockout bracket to determine the winner.Update
Tournament is over, thanks to everyone who took part. After very close semi-finals, at the end of the night we had a clear winner in
Gloomy taking second place. Thanks again to everyone who took part.
- Bgnr (-monsoon, -dm2)
- Bhop (-dm4, -ztn)
- Blood Dog (-dm4, -monsoon)
- Dev (-monsoon, -bravado)
- Gloomy (-dm4, -dm2)
- Hagge (-monsoon, -dm4)
- Lordlame (-monsoon, -ztn)
- Macisum (-dm4, -dm6)
- Speedball (-dm2, -dm6)
Structure will depend on signups, but as a guide:
- 6-8 players: 2 groups of 3 or 4,then double-elim - group winners into WB, runners up into LB (max 4 match bracket)
- 10 players: 2 groups of 5, then single-elim: group winners play runners up (2 match bracket)
- 12-16 players: 4 groups of 4, then single-elim - group winners play runners (max 3 match bracket)
- >16 players: will split into 2 divisions, each will be one of the options above
As long as matches start on time these formats should take around 4 hours to complete, so expect the tournament to end around midnight CET.Rules
- Games start at 8pm CET (7pm GMT/UTC), please be on Discord (#events channel) at that time, and report all match results in the channel.
- All matches are BO3, tournament map-pool is: DM2, DM4, DM6, AEROWALK, ZTNDM3, BRAVADO, MONSOON
- Map-pool reduced to five maps before match starts: the higher-ranked player's nominated map is tossed first, then the lower-ranked. If both players nominated the same first map, the lower-ranked player's second option is tossed instead. Higher-ranked player picks the first map. Lower-ranked player picks the second map. If a decider is required, players toss maps from the _entire_ map pool, low-seed player tosses first.
- Players will be placed into groups, and play all opponents in their group (round-robin)
- Ties in group stage will be broken by maps won across all games in group, then by maps won across games between players involved in the tie, then by frag difference between players involved in the tie. If still tied (!), the tie will be broken by cointoss (/cmd rnd)
- The grand final may be BO5 if both participants agree - high-pick,low-pick,high-pick,low-pick,low-toss,high-toss. Otherwise it is BO3 with normal map-tossing rules applying.
- Be prepared to play on London servers (for some level of fairness vs Brazil/Canada etc)
- If requested, be prepared to ping up to half your opponent's ping, or 51 (whichever is lower)