carapace shook off the rust to defeat
bps 2-1 in the final to clinch the title. This week we have an expanded map-pool, with dm6 & skull available for selection (ping rules etc the same as previous tournaments).
Tournament starts at 20:00 CEST (19:00 BST, 18:00 UTC) and will run for approx 4 hours. Exact structure may change due to numbers but expect a group stage and then knockout bracket to determine the winner.
Signup in the comments below, remembering to list your two map-drop nominations in order (first one will always be dropped, the second is a backup option).EDIT
: Tournament is now over, thanks again to everyone for taking part. After an awkward start we finally got going and after the group stage
nigve in the final.
Watch the final on YouTube
Full results available on the wiki page
Demos are on badplace
- am3is (-dm2, -bravado)
- blood_dog (-dm4, -dm6)
- carapace (-dm2, -dm6)
- dev (-skull, -bravado)
- drake (-dm4, -skull)
- gloomy (-dm4, -skull)
- greco (-aerowalk, -bravado)
- nigve (-bravado, -aerowalk)
- ocoini, new and improved (-aerowalk, -dm4)
- thorX (-dm6, -skull)
- x1bot (-dm4, -dm2)
Structure will depend on signups, but as a guide:
- 6-8 players: 2 groups of 3 or 4,then double-elim - group winners into WB, runners up into LB (max 4 match bracket)
- 10 players: 2 groups of 3 and 1 group of 4, then single-elim: group winners play runners up (2 match bracket)
- 12-16 players: 4 groups of 4, then single-elim - group winners play runners (max 3 match bracket)
- >16 players: will split into 2 divisions, each will be one of the options above
As long as matches start on time these formats should take around 4 hours to complete, so expect the tournament to end around midnight CEST.Rules
- Games start at 8pm CEST (7pm BST), please be on Discord (#events channel) at that time, and report all match results in the channel.
- All matches are BO3, tournament map-pool is: DM2, DM4, DM6, AEROWALK, ZTNDM3, BRAVADO, SKULL
- Map-pool reduced to five maps before match starts: the higher-ranked player's nominated map is tossed first, then the lower-ranked. If both players nominated the same first map, the lower-ranked player's second option is tossed instead. Higher-ranked player picks the first map. Lower-ranked player picks the second map. If a decider is required, players toss maps from the _entire_ map pool, low-seed player tosses first.
- Players will be placed into groups, and play all opponents in their group (round-robin)
- Ties in group stage will be broken by maps won across all games in group, then by maps won across games between players involved in the tie, then by frag difference between players involved in the tie. If still tied (!), the tie will be broken by cointoss (/cmd rnd)
- The grand final may be BO5 if both participants agree - high-pick,low-pick,high-pick,low-pick,low-toss,high-toss. Otherwise it is BO3 with normal map-tossing rules applying.
- Be prepared to play on London servers (for some level of fairness vs Brazil/Canada etc)
- If requested, be prepared to ping up to half your opponent's ping, or 51 (whichever is lower)