After a break to test out q1q3monsoon test, it's back to normal this week. Same rules as Eclipse #2,
lordlame edged out
nigve in the final, after an evening of surprises.
Tournament starts at 20:00 CEST (19:00 BST, 18:00 UTC) and will run for approx 4 hours. Exact structure may change due to numbers but expect a group stage and then knockout bracket to determine the winner.
Signup in the comments below, remembering to list your two map-drop nominations in order (first one will always be dropped, the second is a backup option).
This will be the last Sunday tournament without DM6, see forum post
for ideas on future map-pool.Update
: Tournament is over, many thanks to everyone who played. Congratulations to the winner, no spoilers but full results are available on the wiki here
. The finals & some choice games from the group stages are on YouTube here
* = may not make it** = will be a bit lateStructure
- am3is (-dm2, -bravado)
- carapace (-dm2, -dm4)
- drake (-dm4, -dm2)
- gloomy (-dm4, -dm2)
- hagge* (-dm4, -bravado)
- lordlame* (-aero, -ztn)
- rasta** (-dm4, -ztn)
- tsobo* (-bravado, -aero)
- x1bot (-dm4, -dm2)
Structure will depend on signups, but as a guide:
- 6-8 players: 2 groups of 3 or 4,then double-elim - group winners into WB, runners up into LB (max 4 match bracket)
- 10 players: 2 groups of 5 (longer group stage) then single-elim, group winners play runners up (2 match bracket)
- 12-16 players: 4 groups of 4, then single-elim - group winners play runners (max 3 match bracket)
- >16 players: will split into 2 divisions, each will be one of the options above
As long as matches start on time these formats should take around 4 hours to complete, so expect the tournament to end around midnight CEST.Rules
- Games start at 8pm CEST (7pm BST), please be on Discord (#events channel) at that time, and report all match results in the channel.
- All matches are BO3, tournament map-pool is same as Thunderdome 8: DM2, DM4, AEROWALK, ZTNDM3 & BRAVADO
- Map-pool reduced to three maps before match starts: the higher-ranked player's nominated map is tossed first, then the lower-ranked. If both players nominated the same first map, the lower-ranked player's second option is tossed instead. Higher-ranked player picks the first map.
- Players will be placed into two groups, and play all opponents in their group (round-robin)
- Ties in group stage will be broken by maps won across all games in group, then by maps won across games between players involved in the tie, then by frag difference between players involved in the tie. If still tied (!), the tie will be broken by cointoss (/cmd rnd)
- Knockout stage is double-elimination - winners of group stage progress to knockout stage WB, runner-up in each group goes into LB
- The grand final may be BO5 over all maps if both participants agree, otherwise it is BO3 with normal map-tossing rules applying.
- Be prepared to play on London servers (for some level of fairness vs Brazil/Canada etc)
- If requested, be prepared to ping up to half your opponent's ping, or 51 (whichever is lower)