User panel stuff on forum
  40 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
General Discussion
2021-03-25, 23:42
100 posts

Apr 2017
Hi Moon!,

I also spotted those issues you mentioned and I've since fixed them. I'm still not sure why it's getting stuck at Air exit but I've added a timeout on its main movement code so that if it doesn't arrive at it's destination within 5 seconds then it'll rethink its position. This isn't really ideal and it shouldn't really be getting stuck in the first place.

I've also fixed its sniping ability where it was struggling to peek around corners and snipe a rocket at its opponent.

I'm currently pondering on whether to redo DM4. I'm thinking it's being overly aggressive after respawning, resulting in it getting killed too often. There's a few Div1 human players that will be very aggressive on respawn and they seem to do okay. But I suspect this can only work when playing lesser skilled players. I have had a version of Humanoid that would be much more careful but it could be a little boring waiting for it to leave Mega on DM4. And it if was hit by a rocket on leaving then it would simply run back in and wait for the next mega. Not fun!!.

It's tricky finding the right balance between fun and challenging... Maybe it's a mission impossible.

Latest version here
2021-03-27, 10:41
Administrator
1260 posts

Jan 2006
is it possible to set a different skill level ?
i guess it would be easy to set a % on the reaction time, aim time, and accuracy.

bot looks very human! good job! the best bot ive played with. having it online would be a plus, not everyone is willing to create a folder
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2021-03-27, 11:58
100 posts

Apr 2017
I'm glad you like it, Mushi!

I've not bothered adding a skill setting because my focus is on making it more challenging. But I may make a lower skilled bot later that doesn't use LG and call it Lemonoid.
2021-03-28, 21:01
223 posts

Jan 2006
Hi aq
Been playing some matches on aero, ztndm3, dm4 and dm2. Mostly the two first ones.
Have not seen any strange bot behaviour as of yet Many great games.
Maybe add some more offensive playing when the bot is losing and the time is running out even if it is not stacked or full health, is that even possible?

Which maps are you planning on supporting?

Great work so far!
2021-03-29, 06:02
100 posts

Apr 2017
On most of the maps it would be easy to make it more aggressive as the game comes to a close.. I've been planning on making it more aggressive/careless if it gets too far ahead in terms of frags. This will hopefully discourage us from quitting the game. This is also what I do when I play less experienced players. No need to crush your opponent or they'll just end up demoralized and wanting to go play Minecraft instead

I probably won't support more maps now. Initially it was supposed to be just a bot that specialized in DM4 but I grew bored of playing DM4. But as I add support for more maps I'm becoming a little stretched. I could probably spend a year on just making the bot play the current supported maps better and then there'd still be room for improvement.

Maybe I should dump it onto Github and hope that somebody else will work on it... But I suspect there won't be any other coders out there that are crazy enough to add support for more maps. It's not like a frogbot where you just define a bunch of connected waypoints. Instead Humanoid needs a small program written for every key point on a map.

But if somebody is interested in contributing, please let me know!!..
2021-04-14, 07:19
223 posts

Jan 2006
Hi aq, any progress since last version?
2021-04-14, 09:04
100 posts

Apr 2017
Slow progress lately!..

Tweaked the bot's response time with LG so we have a little more time to snipe it with a rocket. DM4 players will appreciate this..

Added support for map End.

Made the bot a little more aggressive when losing.

Lots of tweaks to its DM4 logic.

Download here
2021-04-16, 15:39
Administrator
1260 posts

Jan 2006
considered putting it on github or somewhere similar?..
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2021-04-16, 17:48
100 posts

Apr 2017
What I may do at some stage is rename the bot and upload the project files somewhere and post a link. This way you'll be free to make your own Mushi bot. Doing it this way means you won't have to worry about breaking anything or having me reject any changes you make.
2021-10-01, 20:45
340 posts

Feb 2006
Very interesting project.
ProjectQ1Q3, Frogbot Waypoint and Map Conversion Tutorial @ http://mickkn.mooo.com
  40 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page