User panel stuff on forum
  54 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Off Topic
2006-05-09, 12:27
693 posts

Jan 2006
There's only a month to go. Who do you think will win?

I have to say that the quality of the squads of Argentina and Brazil is simply awesome, and these 2 will take some beating. However, France, England, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and Portugal also have squads with world class players, and given some luck could go all the way. We all know that World Cups throw up a few surprises and it often comes down to the odd refereeing decision or a slice of fortune.

Don't discount the Germans either - with home advantage and their usual knack of stumbling through major tournaments, they could be poised to cause an upset.
2006-05-09, 12:32
518 posts

Jan 2006
looks like eql/nqr div1 all close games ^_^
2006-05-09, 12:34
1011 posts

Feb 2006
top betting tip, neither brazil or argentina will make the final
2006-05-09, 12:35
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
sweden takes it home

argh, i voted for argentina, so count 1 argentina vote as a vote for sweden
2006-05-09, 12:42
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
I hope that Iran win
but I know that Brazil will win
I wanna have Italy as the winner
but in my heart I want Sweden to win
2006-05-09, 12:54
129 posts

Mar 2006
I think the world should let england win cos it's our 40th anversary....40yrs since the last time we won
Wheeeeeee!!
2006-05-09, 12:57
693 posts

Jan 2006
DD wrote:
I think the world should let england win cos it's our 40th anversary....40yrs since the last time we won

Unfortunately Rooney's injury has turned us from "top 3" to our usual "quite good but probably not good enough".
2006-05-09, 13:02
104 posts

Mar 2006
England have some major issues: Owens and Rooneys metatarsals. Having just 4 srikers of which 2 have injuries and doubtly play, atleast in early stage, and the other two (Peter Crouch and Theo Walcott) being young and inexperiences is smell some trouble for England.

Hooray!

In my book brazil has very good team, atleast if Ronaldo is NOT on the pitch. So i'd guess thety'll go far (as usual)

But my heart is with the African teams.
The Elephants are in a tafftafftaff group, Ghana has no chances what so ever, Angola and Togo have good opportunity to do well if they're able to beat the second best teams of their groups (Portugal and E-Korea)
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/06/bypa/ptw/asamoah_l.jpg
2006-05-09, 13:04
151 posts

Jan 2006
*ooouh**garsh**asdosadf* where is sweden?*asdfo*oier*host*
2006-05-09, 20:47
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
I think Brazil will win, all that Ronaldinho sexiness is too much for all teams.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2006-05-09, 21:08
693 posts

Jan 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
I think Brazil will win, all that Ronaldinho sexiness is too much for all teams.

Ronaldinho, Robinho, Kaka, Adriano, Roberto Carlos.

It's gonna be shit-your-pants time for defenders.
2006-05-09, 22:50
151 posts

Jan 2006
sweden!
2006-05-10, 08:05
89 posts

Mar 2006
Brazil will win probably but one thing is for sure italy should be fucking destroyed from the games i hope they drop out early. Italy is a disgrace to football. I hope the whole team DIES on a plane crash!!!!!!!
2006-05-10, 08:25
1100 posts

Jan 2006
If the Iran wins then Bush has a reason to bomb them into stone age...

Germany ftw!
2006-05-10, 08:36
1011 posts

Feb 2006
USA actually have a pretty good team these days
2006-05-10, 08:41
151 posts

Jan 2006
usa have nothing but donovan. brazil have a old team now the only thing they hope for is ronaldinio. and if he will have a bad day brazil will not will. and italy are to week offensiv. enland have a good team but they are all injurd. i will tip for a sweden rape all or holland.
2006-05-10, 08:50
693 posts

Jan 2006
stroller wrote:
usa have nothing but donovan. brazil have a old team now the only thing they hope for is ronaldinio. and if he will have a bad day brazil will not will. and italy are to week offensiv. enland have a good team but they are all injurd. i will tip for a sweden rape all or holland.

Talking shit for a change stroller?

Brazil - Robinho, Kaka, Adriano. 3 world class attacking players who are young. Old team? Bollocks.

Italy - too weak offensively? (in Football English we say 'going forward', none of this American English terminology in what was original an ENGLISH sport No they're not, they have some great strikers like Inzaghi, Vieri and good midfielders like Pirlo. They just play a more defensive style and have a tendency to implode in big tournaments.

England - all injured? Hardly. Rooney and Owen are injured. Owen will probably be fit, Rooney has an outside chance, but even if both of those are out, we still have plenty of top class players: Gary Neville (you won't find a more reliable right-back), John Terry (best centre-back in the world at the moment IMO), Ashley Cole, David Beckham (short of his best for England lately but on great form for Real), Steven Gerrard (our best player after Rooney and in red hot form for Liverpool having scored over 20 goals from midfield), Frank Lampard (Gerrard mk 2), Joe Cole (another who's had a great season and who has the ability to turn a game on its head with individual brilliance)... and a young 17-year-old called Theo Walcott who hasn't played for Arsenal or England yet, but who is thought to be better than Rooney.

Sweden? Sweden have 2 top class players (Ljungberg and Zlatan) plus a few useful players (Henrik Larssen is past his peak sadly), so if they are to progress then they will need to do what Greece did in Euro 2004 and bore teams to death by playing aggressive, efficient football, and I can't see that happening. Then again, who saw Greece winning Euro 2004? I have a small amount of money on Sweden to reach the final at something like 20/1 so I wouldn't mind
2006-05-10, 09:04
85 posts

Jan 2006
PORTUGAL \o/
Mean Machine QuakeWorld Clan
2006-05-10, 09:05
1011 posts

Feb 2006
20/1 ? i might put a wager on that one
2006-05-10, 09:19
693 posts

Jan 2006
oldman wrote:
20/1 ? i might put a wager on that one

Hmm, actually it was 41/1 each way so I think it's more like 10/1 on reaching the final (I assume an each way bet on the World Cup means finalist...)
2006-05-10, 10:38
89 posts

Mar 2006
oh plz doesnt matter who plays for italy they have the worst offensive ever and even though they defence with
twelve players their defence still sucks in matter of fact the whole team just simply sucks. Its always "omgomg totti vieri" but they never ever manage to actually do something. Shit i could tolerate their game if it actually was effective but watching it just makes my eyes bleed.
2006-05-10, 12:37
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
hafog wrote:
oh plz doesnt matter who plays for italy they have the worst offensive ever and even though they defence with
twelve players their defence still sucks in matter of fact the whole team just simply sucks. Its always "omgomg totti vieri" but they never ever manage to actually do something. Shit i could tolerate their game if it actually was effective but watching it just makes my eyes bleed.

thats because you dont see the tactical part of football!
Iitalian football is most tactical ever, just look at how far the italians teams get in CL each year.

luca toni and totti will be very intresting, more intresting will be the middfield!

The team every1 have underestimated is Spain, yeah again with their history in WC they never make it to the semis, but I think that might change now.
Iniesta, puyol, torres, baraja etc they can be the starts of this WC.
We all know that raul is long gone and will hopefully sit on the bench for the entire tourney.
their middfield has to work, if it does you have a very powerfull spain.

Portugal, ronaldo, deco, figo, carvalho and tiago.
4 top players, makes them #5-6 in my ranking if u just look at the squads.
should even outbeat Holland. ppl underestimate deco, he was the brain behind Barcelona.
Winning two (if he wins this year) champions league titles in 3 years is not good its just fantastic and thats a player deco is.
Figo will make his last big tourney and with style, the best player of EC 2004 finals want some revenge.
the old players will decide how far Portugal will go, will they be able to perform when they are needed?

bah dont got the energy to write more abotu this
2006-05-10, 12:51
693 posts

Jan 2006
Pfft Portugal Cristiano Ronaldo is way too inconsistent to be considered as a top player just yet, Figo is too old and way past his best and Tiago is only average. But still, they have a good coach and a well-organised team, I think they can reach the semi-finals.
2006-05-10, 13:14
1011 posts

Feb 2006
you can never be too old when you're the teams playmaker
2006-05-10, 22:17
151 posts

Jan 2006
well every body think italy will have a god chans but sens they just are not getting the tp worked out whey will not win any thing!

england are despret they dont have any good strikers right now . there all injured!
brazil have 3 young ppl so what?
portugal have a good team but not like netherlands!
and germany are looking hothothot i changed my mind germany will win the shit!
2006-05-10, 22:37
693 posts

Jan 2006
Oh God I wonder if there's a punBB spellcheck mod...
2006-05-10, 23:18
447 posts

Jan 2006
The best thing is that he often misspells words so that they change meaning completely. Good becomes God, since -> sens, they're -> there etc. Maybe stroller is just a misinterpreted genius, struggling to break free of the cage that proper language presents him...
Teamplay is nothing. Aim is everything. OBEY YOUR AIM

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9017/end2ub.jpg
2006-05-12, 22:03
401 posts

Mar 2006
Where is Australia wtf?

EDIT: Actually no I vote for Polish neo nazis.

Im only joking of course
2006-05-16, 15:02
370 posts

May 2006
I think Brazil will win look at their line-up...
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roberto Carlos, Cris, Juninho, Ze Roberto, Kaka, Gilberto, Edmilson, Robinho, Adriana, Ronaldinho.

Oh my God?

But I hope the Dutch will make a fist against them, but they will most likely get knocked out by penalties in the semi-final versus Argentina or something.
Custom maps for the show, episodes for the pro.
2006-05-16, 21:29
59 posts

Mar 2006
Germany will win it with a combination of luck, hard work and home advantage.
Also look out for some interesting hooligan action, especially Poland vs. Germany.
  54 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page