User panel stuff on forum
  4 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2016-03-07, 10:35
21 posts

Dec 2011
I have a quick question about quake demos .dem editing.

I have some quake demos from an old tournament recammed in chasecam (PGL quake teams from 1998). I wanted to make them POV, so I tried to change the entity of given player in order to view the game from the eye perspective, not the external camera.
However, when I changed the camera from the observer to the entity of player (by using “setview” variable or using external demix program for entity changing), my point of view is on the level of player’s feet, not the eye.

How can I fix this problem, is there an option to move the entity upper on the vertical axis, maybe add entity or this demo has some modifications to entity that I can fix.

I would be grateful for help.
2016-03-07, 15:19
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
dev wrote:

How can I fix this problem, is there an option to move the entity upper on the vertical axis, maybe add entity or this demo has some modifications to entity that I can fix.

Try adding 22 to the z-axis? That's the standard view offset from the origin.
2016-03-07, 15:28
21 posts

Dec 2011
Interesting, how to do that exactly? I'm not yet accustomed with lmpc commands...

---update---

problem fixed! I helped myself perfectly by command "view_ofs_z 22.000000000" replacing "view_ofs_z 0.000000000"
2016-03-09, 09:51
21 posts

Dec 2011
I have another question. I want to watch the given demo from the POV of another player. I can change the POV by changing entity but... I won't follow his eyes but the originally recorded player's eyes...

is there a script or sth to follow the eyes of another (model) player?

I know that in quakeworld it somehow was done automatically when watching demos...

And how to delete from the demo the data of damage receiving, powerup picking, death etc...?
  4 posts on 1 page  1