User panel stuff on forum
  86 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page
General Discussion
2015-12-10, 16:05
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Thank you all for making it such a successful Allstars!

There are again many people to thank, i count around 20 that made it all work - so good job everyone involved!

Andeh & Jehar's cast, with their pov.
https://www.twitch.tv/suddendeathtv/v/68016868

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN6s1nh6nV0

Demos - Raket upload
http://upload.foppa.dk/files/allstar.zip

-------

The various recordings can be used for combinations of demo integration if you want to make those - like meag has done.
the torrents wont stay up forever - unless of course someone here seeds it forever - I'll keep them running for about a month.

torrent of caster recording only.:
.wav and .mp3 verisons by d0peskillz
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=77553577235311235864

Here are the players MM3 - Torrent.
Recording by Rikoll, Xantom and Drrake.
compressed : http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=15888956492665834144
(missing one game - impossible to retrieve)

:::

Products of mm3/caster recording:

Demos synced with mm3 into youtube vid.
andrestone/Dev wrote:

Meag's demo+Players.
meag wrote:

Had a go at making something easier to sync with demo playback:

MP3 versions

Pause demo playback with /cl_demospeed 0 or equivalent
Start demo
Start MP3 - 5 second tone to start
Unpause with /cl_demospeed 1 as soon as tone ends

MM3 should then be roughly in sync with demo (aimed to have start of match at 15 second mark)

If you want to autotrack the same team, don't use the autotrack command, manually set:

/mvd_autotrack 4
/demo_autotrack 0
/mvd_autotrack_lockteam 1

Then manually select a point of view of a player in the team you're listening to. (think this might be a bug, and /demo_autotrack should obey /mvd_autotrack_lockteam - under every rock...)

---------------------------

Confirmed: diki, xantom, moltas, blooddog, javve, fix, cara, milton, rikoll.
Paged: mm, Kingpin,
Missing: Dimman

If your on the missing list i need feedback that you know when you have to show up.

Guide to this topic : MOST important information is gathered in this first post - some might be missed... Check first post now and then, it gets updated.. Then check later posts for more details/discussions.

the game is scheduled for 22'nd of May 17:00 UTC ( 19:00 CEST, 10:00 PDT, 13:00 EDT)

Players/casters have to be online in #qwallstars 30 minutes before this time.

A prac is scheduled::
NEXT FRIDAY Try to be in irc channel #qwallstars this friday 20' may @ 17:00 UTC ( 19:00 CEST, 10:00 PDT, 13:00 EDT)

THERE WILL BE PRACTISE GAME ON FRIDAY 20'TH OF MAY :: Casters/Players - so we can fix any settings or TS/Skype problems we might have on this time.

Try to be in irc channel #qwallstars this friday 20' may @ 17:00 UTC ( 19:00 CEST, 10:00 PDT, 13:00 EDT)
This is the same weekend that will have the match - so it would benefit you if you showed up and said hi to your team, perhaps also talking about who will be playing on what map.

The All Stars tries to bring the best active players together in a series of 4on4 games meant to promote QuakeWorld.

So! Firstly. Everyone can contribute, you want to help with this, say what you want to do, and your in! Exception might be caster and accountant

1. Casters & mm3 admin (moves casters into correct mm3 channels when asked)
- Semi done
- Andeh!
- Feffe

Graphics:
- done
- BPS

2. Accountant and Map poller (read Carapace's suggestion; page one of this topic.)
Could not get this togheter - will try again next time.
- undone

3. Twitch outreach
- done
- ocoini,x,x,

4. Gathering players:
- done
- ocoini,x,x,x

Carapace
Xantom
Diki
Moltas
Creature
Dimman
Blooddog

Vs.

Milton
Rikoll
Kingpin
Fix
MM
Javve

5. players MM3 server:
- done
Courtesy SD's TS server & feffe. - contact ocoini for ip.

6. Contact server admin for the game server used; to fix QTV Delay effecting MM3/cast.
-done

Big thanks to everyone involved in this - it would not have been possible without

- D0peskillz, Meag, Aikon, Forsberg, Anza, Timotej, Raket.
Thanks for all input and help!

7. Maps & Structure
- done
- TB3 + (?)
- Play five maps regardless or do a BO5?
- Have a warm up FFA round? It could be good entertainment! It could also be mixed in with the cast pretty well? They could be observing x player as they say 3-4 sentences about him while he's FFAing, instead of a prewar. (Yes, you don't have to actually play in the ffa, if you just stand still in a corner that's probably funny...)

8. Team selection date/draft if needed.
- done

9. Prac date & test match for casters and mm3 setup.
- scheduled
NEXT FRIDAY Try to be in irc channel #qwallstars this friday 20' may @ 17:00 UTC ( 19:00 CEST, 10:00 PDT, 13:00 EDT)
- Clarify lineup for each map.

10. Match Date (some time after prac date, depending if casters need a few days to fix something.)
In some regards it would be good to have it WHILE eql is going on, as if we get random person trying quake after watching all stars, they will see a more vibrant community than what they would see in May...
Three options then as I see it. - Mid EQL, After EQL, After summer.
- done 22nd may - check post/site for exact time

11. Media/Outreach people:
- drafted
(Last time I mailed a ton of gaming sites, game reviewers, ID, Jcarmac, Romero etc etc.. With no interesting feedback, should we do it again?)
- People doing qw.nu news, posting on forums, twitter/facebook, other contacts etc etc:
- Ocoini,x,x,x,x,x,x,x, (Leopold?,BPS?, Hooraytio? Andeh? Muff1ns? Mushi? AkeVader?)

3..2..1..Go!

Player pool:

Need to contact : XN, SS, Crazymac, Razor, Bulat, Murzik, Raket, Maga, Paradoks, Greco, Shaka, Kip, Kingpin, Knave, Maga, Wimpeeh, Nitram, Heddan, RST,, Meshuggah, Votary, Lethalwiz, Xterm, RST, ÅkeVader, Nigve, & you?

Confirmed interest:
Milton, Carapace, Dimman, Hooraytio,
Xantom, Diki, BloodDog, Rio,
Moltas, Rikoll, Link, Skillah,
Javve, MM, Xantom, Creature
Kip, Hagge, Kingpin,fix
Raket, Shaka, Niw ...

Declined: BPS, ...

If you would like to play in the all stars or would like to suggest some "active player" leave a comment in this thread please. Don't worry if you're not good enough, let others decide. If you see your name in the need to contact list; then I am probably working my way to asking you if you want to play, beat me to it!

drop by #qwallstars

:: older posts...

Should we do another All stars before next eql?
Roughly around end of January?

Or do you feel its to soon?
We could delay it, there is a lot of activity in the scene as it is, and my timetable isn't as free as it was.
Is SuddenDeathTV up for another run? Some form of casting would be required I think

I think if we do another Allstars, and a draft, we might have to ask Hooraytio if its possible to delay EQL to February.
We don't really have to delay EQL start, since there is often a lot of idling first couple weeks of eql regardless.
But players could feel like their schedule gets to congested if they are "expected" to play EQL, play in a draft and have an Allstars.
We want the best players to have fun, not feel like they are working

#qwallstars

(Edited 2016-06-01, 13:20)
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2015-12-12, 11:27
News Writer
283 posts

Jan 2007
Might be good to at least allow players to join EQL teams until after Draft, as they might make some connections there. I'd love to see another AllStars, it seemed to revitalise the scene somewhat last time!
2015-12-21, 00:31
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Darff wrote:
Might be good to at least allow players to join EQL teams until after Draft, as they might make some connections there. I'd love to see another AllStars, it seemed to revitalise the scene somewhat last time!

I'll bring it up again after the draft is over then =)

We need feedback on this forum post to make it happen though, if no-one says anything I'll just have to assume there is no interest in it. Specially this is important for the best players on the scene.

I don't have to organize it - if someone else would like to organize it and intend on following through with it that is OK with me !
2015-12-22, 15:38
176 posts

Mar 2012
I would totally absolutly love to see another 4vs4 allstar game the last games were the best matches i had ever seen!! Especially on those custum maps
2015-12-23, 10:08
News Writer
69 posts

Sep 2006
I'm always ready for high quality 4on4.
2015-12-24, 02:03
News Writer
183 posts

May 2013
Would love to see another one. The last one was very entertaining to watch. Quick question though, for the kenya maps will it be the same 2 again or do you reckon it'll be mixed up a bit (the kenya rounds, for me at any rate, were the highlight of the last one)?
If so may I place a request for ukcldm2? Other than the occasional FFA haven't seen that map used since the Barrysworld days. Happy memories
2015-12-24, 11:02
223 posts

Aug 2011
I would join.

I have a suggestion: Have TB3 (because most people seem to enjoy watching those) and then add two more maps to be voted on as donation incentives. So the two maps that got the highest donations get played. The money will be used for servers, a flower bouquet for dimman´s girlfriend for putting up with his extensive coding hours, prize money, etc. Two birds one stone kind of thing.
carrier has arrived - twitch.tv/carapace_
2015-12-24, 15:00
176 posts

Mar 2012
Marry christmas to all!!
2016-01-08, 12:49
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
That seems fun, what Cara suggested ! Anyone want to be accountant/poll organizer ?
I could do it, but perhaps someone more known in the community would like to get involved? Someone that has been on several lans etc, and possibly also run things?
Any other things we can make money from ? Like more things people could vote/pay for?

I was very happy with Andeh's and Darff's cast.
I would like to hear if they are up for another go and if so when they think it will suit them - perhaps they would like a third to join them as well, one that doesn't say very much, but now and then jumps in? Or would they like a div0 to perhaps join them?
If you would like to cast, say so here, Darff+Andeh first option and priority #1 though we all agree I think.

I feel like I ask the pros all the time for things... I'm hesitant to run around being annoying all the time.. But I'll do it again!
I'd mostly like for people to volunteer or suggest players though.

Things to improve/consider from last allstars:
Should we go with draft again, or have a voting system?
'Better scheduling, get clear answers.
'More focus on being on time for the match time to start - pre-check everything is working.
'Much faster twitch contact (possibly more intense).
'Faster qw.nu newsposts.
'Both teams speak english in mm3.
'Possible to overcome qtv delay for casters somehow?
-"...get in touch with the server admin and set the QTV delay to 0 or 1 second during the game." - dimman
'"...frag diff instead of only what team A and B scores are." - Hooraytio
Time for casters to explain basic tactics for each map before it starts and have a small recap what happened in the previous round?

So! Firstly. Everyone can contribute, you want to help with this, say what you want to do, and your in! Exception might be caster and accountant

1. Casters & mm3 admin (moves casters into correct mm3 channels when asked)
- Undone

2. Accountant and Map poller
- Undone

3. Twitch outreach
- ocoini,x,x,

4. Gathering players:
- ocoini,x,x,x

5. MM3 server: Can we use SD's mm3 again?
- Undone

6. Contact server admin for the game server used; to fix QTV Delay effecting MM3/cast.
- Undone

7. Maps & Structure
- TB3 + (?)
- Play five maps regardless or do a BO5?
- Have a warm up FFA round? It could be good entertainment! It could also be mixed in with the cast pretty well? They could be observing x player as they say 3-4 sentences about him while he's FFAing, instead of a prewar. (Yes, you don't have to actually play in the ffa, if you just stand still in a corner that's probably funny...)

8. Team selection date/draft if needed.
- Undone

9. Prac date & test match for casters and mm3 setup.
Clarify lineup for each map.
Those that don't show up, gets dropped from real match?
- Undone

10. Match Date (some time after prac date, depending if casters need a few days to fix something.)
In some regards it would be good to have it WHILE eql is going on, as if we get random person trying quake after watching all stars, they will see a more vibrant community than what they would see in May...
Three options then as I see it. - Mid EQL, After EQL, After summer.
- Undone

11. Media/Outreach people:
(Last time I mailed a ton of gaming sites, game reviewers, ID, Jcarmac, Romero etc etc.. With no interesting feedback, should we do it again?)
- People doing qw.nu news, posting on forums, twitter/facebook, other contacts etc etc:
- Ocoini,x,x,x,x,x,x,x, (Leopold?,BPS?, Hooraytio? Andeh? Muff1ns? Mushi? AkeVader?)

3..2..1..Go!

Player pool:

Need to contact : XN, SS, Crazymac, Razor, Bulat, Murzik, Raket, Dimman, Paradoks, Greco, Shaka, Razor, Kip, Kingpin, Knave, Diki, Maga,Wimpeeh, Moltas, Nitram, MM, Rio, Blooddog, Heddan, Xantom, RST, Creature, Rikoll, Meshuggah, Votary, Hooraytio, Bogojoker, Skillah, Lethalwiz, Xterm, RST, ÅkeVader, Nigve, BPS & you?

Confirmed interest: Milton, Carapace, ....

Declined: None!

If you would like to play in the all stars or would like to suggest some "active player" leave a comment in this thread please. Don't worry if you're not good enough, let others decide. If you see your name in the need to contact list; then I am probably working my way to asking you if you want to play, beat me to it!

drop by #qwallstars

(Won't update this single post, check first post)
2016-01-09, 21:32
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Just make this happen, someone. Last All Stars were best games I've ever seen.
2016-01-10, 12:37
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
I want to play
2016-01-10, 16:57
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Since you mention me in the list: Yes, I would play.
Chosen
2016-01-10, 20:46
61 posts

Jan 2006
Count me in!
2016-01-11, 01:05
43 posts

Apr 2012
I would play.
2016-01-11, 02:35
214 posts

Feb 2011
Me too!

[edit] Sorry for the triple post... While I am very excited, I was replying from my phone while a call came in, and clicking the Submit button didn't seem to do anything while the phone was ringing, so I clicked it a couple times too many
2016-03-02, 21:40
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Oooki, I want to do another allstar! I'm about to cast it myself and just spinn the wheel here.. It will be the worst cast this century though - but might have comedic value ! t.t

Anndeeeh, when is RealLife over?!
2016-03-03, 10:42
459 posts

Mar 2008
I'm interested
2016-03-03, 14:21
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
ocoini wrote:
Oooki, I want to do another allstar! I'm about to cast it myself and just spinn the wheel here.. It will be the worst cast this century though - but might have comedic value ! t.t

Anndeeeh, when is RealLife over?!

Hey,

I can cast, just let me know beforehand which day! Also, about mm3, FeFFe! is the owner of the SD teamspeak and he was also the one throwing us around in TS the last time, so he is the guy to speak to. I'm sure he'll let anyone borrow the teamspeak for such a nice cause though
2016-03-08, 19:27
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
I can play.

I'll camp ra-mega while Milton run the quads. It will be a real treat to spec that for 20 mins.

I am sure dahmer/D/galen and Pew cant wait to see that...they are true believers.

Love and peace and shit
Link, we are not even oldtimers anymore, we are dinosaurs. - Hooraytio
2016-03-08, 23:24
23 posts

Apr 2012
Link wrote:
I can play.

I'll camp ra-mega while Milton run the quads. It will be a real treat to spec that for 20 mins.

I am sure dahmer/D/galen and Pew cant wait to see that...they are true believers.

Love and peace and shit

Yes! looking forward for this.
2016-03-08, 23:24
23 posts

Apr 2012
Link wrote:
I can play.

Love and peace and shit

Yes! looking forward for this.
2016-03-09, 09:44
8 posts

Sep 2007
Sounds fun! Should get my computer soon. Might have time to get into shape. If so then im in for the ride. Considering im wanted/needed
2016-03-15, 18:19
Administrator
67 posts

Jan 2007
sign me up!
2016-03-15, 22:21
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
XantoM wrote:
sign me up!

Wouldn't have it any other way!
2016-03-19, 18:26
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
I would appreciate anyone wanting to sign up does so in the next week. Tell your friends please. We need to find a free time that works with you guys and twitch promotion for front page cast.
2016-03-22, 17:31
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Bumptebump !

Going to start sending out schedule in a matter of days.. signup fast please - get your div0 friends on and spread the word please. We are going on twitch frontpage this time.
2016-04-03, 15:21
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
The schedule is out there - come find me for link!

I want to talk about something - regarding how to view the game.

Some of you want to view it through QTV without casters. Some of you want to be able to also listen to cast while doing so.

I would like to hear some arguments for this, other than it's convenient for you to do so. Of course its convenient - but is our convenience more important that the two arguments listed under here?

How I view this:
I would like that we did not allow this. Ideally I would go so far as that I would like to block qtv/specs viewers entirely except for casters if it was possible to do so.

Why is it important to have you guys watch on twitch?
Because in the long run we would like to attract new players. I think that there is a greater chance that some younglings will be attracted to the game if they see activity. And they won't be seeing that with half of you are screaming "omg sick move by cara !!" on qtv chat instead of in the twitch chat..
It is also nice if many people are able to answer random questions in twitch chat.

There is also another argument for "forcing you" on twitch that I think you should consider. We have NO updated partnershipped channel on twitch. There is not a single QW channel that has it.
The requirements for partnership (getting money) ( https://www.twitch.tv/partner/signup ) has a high viewer requirement.
They do however make exceptions and I think https://www.twitch.tv/suddendeathTV is our closest bet for getting this exception.

During the last Allstars there was a little talk about updating the partnership for Suddendeath, but I don't believe anything came of it?
(not that we can lay claim to any money Suddendeath gets in, but it would be a motivating factor for Andeh to create more content.. and the ball might roll further in the future and roll on to another streamer...?)

Regardless - with more viewers the stronger the argument of partnership is even if SuddendeathTV have to ask for the exception.

I would like you all to view the game live on Twitch and not in QW for these two reasons primarily..

So would it be terribly horrible if you had to watch the game live on twitch instead of qtv? And that we also did not organize a way to listen to casters with qtv+casters combo?

There will be demos to download...
2016-04-03, 18:56
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
1. Who is going to play in the game?

2. Twitch is generally too laggy for me to watch so i want qtv. I have a slow connection.
Chosen
2016-04-03, 19:14
7 posts

Aug 2011
let me present too you the solution to your problem with twitch

its called Livestreamer Twitch GUI.

Its a VLC hook that gives you the ability to watch twitch streams through a programmed UI without using twitches flash stream.
basicly, you watch twitch streams "straight from the source" in VLC without a webbrowser and twitches horrid flash encoding

edit: Link https://www.reddit.com/r/DatGuyLirik/comments/35euxi/ezmode_watch_twitch_trough_vlc_best/
2016-04-03, 20:28
55 posts

Oct 2011
Hooraytio wrote:
1. Who is going to play in the game?

2. Twitch is generally too laggy for me to watch so i want qtv. I have a slow connection.

Having a slow connection is a problem, and not having the "quality" modes is another one. It'll depend of the popularity of a channel to be enabled or not. And this can be a problem for some players (such as you)

However, what's not idiot at all is, as suggested, to get livestreamer, and to only enable the audio source of the stream you'd like to hear. So that you can have the good ol' SHOUTcast system, like in early 2000s! What will be problematic will be the double sounds (stream/game).

About the stream itself, I'm working hard to try producing some contents for QuakeWorld (especially about making some montages for my own streams, presenting the maps and stuffs), so I could help somehow.

But ocoini : forcing people to go to Twitch isn't such a good move. What would be best is to get a way to enable vocal chat through QTV itself, but that would require both a change to the QTV executable and the QW clients (protocol differences - and I'm guessing the demo format would change too)
BaseQ.fr Administrator o/
  86 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page