User panel stuff on forum
  31 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Other Tournaments
2015-10-06, 18:06
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
[22:30] <ocoini>

People I havn't been able to contact:: macisum (#div99) - scorp (#div99) - ok98 (#suddendeath) - Kopytko (not sure #) - overflow (#div99) - Koka (not sure #) - lake (not sure #) - Lurq (#020) - Creature (#crazy88) - Nigve (#suddendeath) - Hagge (#chosen ?) - Meag (#div99) - Ender (#div99) - goldenhorse (#020) - Er (not sure #) - Erlend (#div99)
[22:38] <ocoini> We have two standby players gawlo and brown - that anyone can pickup if they need gawlo (unknown #) - Brown ( #fatalerror)
[22:38] <ocoini> I'll be back in full force on monday
[22:38] <ocoini> try to help the teams and notify the people i wrote above
[22:39] <ocoini> mm__ dimman+javve and creatures team needs most help in getting games played. I think the other teams will be able to play just fine

Right, full force on monday! Most likley afk Sunda

Draft is THIS SATURDAY @ 1700 ! someone make a newpost please - all captains and players please show up.

Approximate skill level list - give feedback if you feel its wrong =)

Totally unknown skill level to me:
gawlo
Brown

# ("division"
Creature
Dimman
RIO
Overflow

Locktar
Koka
Lake
Er
OK98
Kopytko
Norules (possibly afk when tournament start)
Nigve
Muff1n
Kip

Javve
Panjabi
Paniagua
VVD
Dopeskillz
Aikon
Hagge
*Darff
Dev
Henu
Macisum (not online saturday, unsure about schedule- backup player)

Meag (Not online Saturday, back Sunday.)
Timon
Lurq
GoldenHorse
ocoini
pew
Erlend (AFK Saturday evening!)
Turb
Ender
Klice (Maybe AFK Saturday evening!)

Drake
Bagov
sCorp
Daux

b]Signup here::[/b]

http://refragged.com/article/view/tournamentID/10/id/26

#sundayspawnfraggin

Draft scheduled for 16'th january - depending on rikoll, possibly 17'th.

Goals: Everyone that signs up gets a team, and that we actually manage to get to the final without mia teams.

I'm starting now to gather captains for the next draft for when EQL 20 is over.

Aiming to have it run on refragged.com, if Ake is up for it!

Structure :: To be decided voice your opinion please =)

Come with captain suggestions =)

Confirmed Captains:: Milton, BloodDog, MM,

If required/standby Captains:: Rikoll

Would like to be captain, waiting for more scheduling info: XantoM, Skillah

(Edited 2016-01-16, 21:56)
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2015-10-06, 21:39
223 posts

Aug 2011
My suggestion would be to try to keep the captains at a similar level, I believe it was partly due to that activity died down in the last.
carrier has arrived - twitch.tv/carapace_
2015-10-07, 05:57
172 posts

Sep 2013
It would be neat if this was a 1 or 2 day event (the name does say Sunday Spawnfragging). I think a major problem with sign-ups is that people don't show up, games don't get played, scheduled games get missed, and then a tournament fizzles. Some players are reliable, most are not. Having it all in 1 day would really guarantee everyone that gets picked is available, can play, and has some basic capability to coordinate with others (ability to join an IRC channel and prove they are available for the draft).
2015-10-07, 10:28
280 posts

Jan 2015
BogoJoker wrote:
It would be neat if this was a 1 or 2 day event (the name does say Sunday Spawnfragging). I think a major problem with sign-ups is that people don't show up, games don't get played, scheduled games get missed, and then a tournament fizzles. Some players are reliable, most are not. Having it all in 1 day would really guarantee everyone that gets picked is available, can play, and has some basic capability to coordinate with others (ability to join an IRC channel and prove they are available for the draft).

We need more events like this. I think two days is optimal for 4on4s.
dev
2015-10-22, 15:49
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
cara wrote:
My suggestion would be to try to keep the captains at a similar level, I believe it was partly due to that activity died down in the last.

I'd like that as well. I'm not sure how much of an impact it had on activity though, if any. You could be right that it had a partial impact, but I feel motivation to see the tournament succeed and to follow up on it from the captains side could be enough as both mine, yours and BloodDogs team were pretty active, while Niw's team and Heddan's team struggled the most i believe.

I'll do my best to try to get similar levels - but this narrowes the number of people that could be captains. If we get a lot of players more captains could be required and for whatever schedule we decide on the schedule might clash with some of them.

BogoJoker wrote:

I'm not against trying this at all, it could be very compact though if a lot of people join in. I think firstly I have to get some captains on board though and see what they would prefer as they are typically the ones turning the wheel on this sort of tournament, working on it now =)
2015-10-26, 22:59
News Writer
280 posts

May 2006
1 day only!
Only captains have to signup before - at least 4 (other possible captains have to be in priority-list).
Begin at ~14-18UTC Sunday - who want to play MUST be online in IRC at #SundaySpawnfraggin in this time.
End = Begin + ~4-6 hours.
Number of teams depends on number of players online.
Captains pick 3 players from current list as was in draft tournament, but quickly - 10 mins for all.
Brackets have to be SE (playoff) if at least 6 teams and league (like groups games without playoff) - if less than 6.
Team have to play all games in a row without big break. Replacement is possible (1-2 per team max), but only if somebody can't to play more and new player is not much better.

Example for captains list:
1. Milton
2. Carapace
3. Rikoll
4. Xantom
----------
6. kingpin
7. razor
8. Skillah
7. mm
8. Blood Dog
9. Moltas
10. Bulat
2015-10-30, 12:43
News Writer
280 posts

May 2006
This is something like big-Sunday-mix for 3-4-5 games bo3 in a row, but with fixed teams for all games.
2015-11-14, 17:20
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
2015-12-13, 19:53
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Please hurry and signup if you want to play in the draft :: Register account on refragged.com with your qw nick, leave a msg in this newspost :: http://refragged.com/article/view/tournamentID/10/id/26
2015-12-21, 00:34
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
I'm starting to sort skill levels now as guide to captains for the draft picking. If you have general input on skill level of players signed up here, feel free to add your opinion/own list =)

list of signed up are in the comment section of this newspost.. http://refragged.com/article/view/tournamentID/10/id/26
2015-12-21, 09:59
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
Too late to sign?

EDIt: I've forgotten my refragged pwd, anyone with access that can reset? (Can't find a forgot pwd button?)
2015-12-21, 11:21
117 posts

Jan 2006
Couldn't you have used http://draft.quakeworld.nu ?
2015-12-21, 13:06
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Dimman even put up a new season on draft.quakeworld.nu some time ago
Chosen
2015-12-27, 04:40
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Here's the skill list so far, help tweaking it is appreciated. Its meant as a tool for the captains when they pick teams. Sorry if anyone feels hurt, I don't have the correct answer to where everyone "fit in". It's my general estimate.

Captains that have filled out schedule: Milton, Blooddog, XantoM, Darff (backup captain), ocoini (ultra ultra backup captain).
Missing schedule info: MM, Skillah (link on irc pm someone!)

Totally unknown skill level to me:
gawlo
Brown

# ("division"
Creature
Dimman
RIO

Locktar
Koka
Lake
Er
OK98
Kopytko
Norules (possibly afk when tournament start)
Nigve
Muff1n
Kip

Panjabi
Paniagua
VVD
Dopeskillz
Aikon
Hagge
*Darff
Dev
Henu

Meag
Timon
Lurq
GoldenHorse
ocoini
pew
Erlend
Turb
Ender

Drake
Bagov
sCorp
Daux

I wrote a longer answer, before Christmas, to why I haven't asked to use salvation site - but the posting process bugged twice for me, and I forgot to save what i was writing the second time before trying to post..

But in short, I don't want to step on anyones toes.
I'm sure the past runners had a vision with the whole thing. I would probably not follow that vision... I believe everyone should be able to play. I' would never let someone not get picked. Also there are things they did that I would probably not be able to do. Like making graphics, maintaining a website etc, putting together a nice cast... The same production quality isn't really something I can provide. I would need someone else to handle it.
In general I believe I am also more prone to bending rules and making things.. kinda.. work on the fly.
Lastly and probably most important, I was not involved in the Salvation at all. It feels kind of odd for me to ask to use it, especially when I'm just putting wonderglue on every problem and they might have been more "serious".

I am however totally open to stepping aside and letting someone else run a draft, and they could also take all the signups etc. My reasons for doing these "things" is basically because no-one else is doing it.
I wouldn't hesitate a second to say yes if someone wanted to take over, would only make me glad! So step up if you're bored =)
I would like to run a 10on10, another AllStars, FFA's, END and POVdmm4 things.. Lots of things I could be doing instead if someone wants to take over the draft !

The same goes if anyone here would like to join in "running it" and other things, I could use an active partner in my crazyness =) Just as long as we can use wonderglue now and then... Like, right now, I'm wishing I had a nice layout for the draft, where I could visually move people around into teams etc, that would be nifty!
I'd also be open to let someone else do that actual cast for the draft and they could make it look anyway they wanted (hopefully they can improve on my notepad cast =)

(Edited 2016-01-11, 21:35)
2015-12-31, 00:14
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Looking forward to the draft!
2016-01-02, 02:05
43 posts

Apr 2012
Still possible to sign up? If yes, then add me to the list
2016-01-05, 09:03
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
We need captains!! ! !!! ! .... !!!!
2016-01-12, 23:55
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Its bumped - THIS SATURDAY PEOPLE ! 1700cet ! be in #sundayspawnfraggin please =)
2016-01-13, 12:30
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
I'm working Saturday evening. I hope I can still get picked, even though I can't follow the draft?
2016-01-13, 21:00
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
erlend wrote:
I'm working Saturday evening. I hope I can still get picked, even though I can't follow the draft?

Yes, making note of it =)
2016-01-14, 12:00
35 posts

Feb 2011
Still possible to participate?

If yes, sign me up please!

Thanks!
2016-01-15, 13:33
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Yes Overflow, you have to make an account on refragged.com though!
2016-01-16, 14:11
22 posts

Oct 2015
I am a little occupied today. Cant be on irc, but will follow the stream.
2016-01-16, 21:41
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
[22:30] <ocoini>

People I havn't been able to contact:: macisum (#div99) - scorp (#div99) - ok98 (#suddendeath) - Kopytko (not sure #) - overflow (#div99) - Koka (not sure #) - lake (not sure #) - Lurq (#020) - Creature (#crazy88) - Nigve (#suddendeath) - Hagge (#chosen ?) - Meag (#div99) - Ender (#div99) - goldenhorse (#020) - Er (not sure #) - Erlend (#div99)
[22:38] <ocoini> We have two standby players gawlo and brown - that anyone can pickup if they need gawlo (unknown #) - Brown ( #fatalerror)
[22:38] <ocoini> I'll be back in full force on monday
[22:38] <ocoini> try to help the teams and notify the people i wrote above
[22:39] <ocoini> mm__ dimman+javve and creatures team needs most help in getting games played. I think the other teams will be able to play just fine

Right, full force on monday! Most likley afk Sunday!
2016-01-18, 01:36
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Been working the night shift all week. Done now, so I'll be online monday. (And much of the rest of the week.)
2016-01-18, 22:22
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
People im missing confirmation now are : Macisum and sCorp # kopytko # Koka & lake # Nigve & Ender #

So thats only 7 people that I dont know if have been notified they are in a team yet. if your on the list, say hi - Check the team your in and join the IRC channel for it. Ty !

First official match day will be this Wednesday - Be online around 19:00 cet to 20:00 cet !
2016-01-19, 10:26
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Hello!
I can play if some team need an extra player.
Looks like I have more time than I thought before.
Chosen
2016-01-20, 06:00
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Waiting list:: Crazymac
2016-01-21, 19:54
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
Hooraytio - Creature needs a player on his team - Greco and Trygve hasn't come online yet. - So please join his team in #shenanigans - But the team cant field greco trygve and you at the same time though.. If greco and trygve were to show up sometime.
2016-01-21, 22:20
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
ok, cool ill be there
Chosen
  31 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page