https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khf-kI7j9Eo

RL model: http://i.imgur.com/no7bffB.jpg

All other news @ http://reflexfps.net/

Nice
play.quake1.pl
2014-06-02, 19:13
164 posts

Apr 2007
I like what i! Hope it Will be qw aircontroll!
2014-06-02, 20:38
142 posts

Jul 2013
I see you guys found out my plan..
I've known of this REFLEX game since the birth of 2014.
I am planning to become the great reflex player in history...

like DAG of europe
like BLOODOG of Canada
like CREAM of the united STATES of america.
like MUR of brasil
like div3noob of Australia
2014-06-02, 21:18
73 posts

Oct 2010
Heh.. there are too many of them - xonotic, warsaw, nexuiz .. now reflexfps.. and no time and desire to play all the list..
2014-06-02, 21:49
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Looks like a mediocre remake of CPMA. x_x
2014-06-02, 21:55
55 posts

Oct 2011
Yet another unoriginal Quake-Like indie game remade on a handmade engine...
BaseQ.fr Administrator o/
2014-06-02, 22:32
142 posts

Jul 2013
With so much hate above, you'd think this was a thread based on Sane_of_NA ( No relation to lakerman )
2014-06-02, 22:32
142 posts

Jul 2013
With so much hate above, you'd think this was a thread based on Sane_of_NA ( No relation to lakerman )
2014-06-03, 08:16
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
LocKtar wrote:
One of the main Dev's creating Reflex is a QW player for Melbourne... Electro. He actually posts on these forums a bit. If you want QW aircontrol then he is the man to talk to.
2014-06-03, 09:52
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
dirtbox wrote:
LocKtar wrote:
One of the main Dev's creating Reflex is a QW player for Melbourne... Electro. He actually posts on these forums a bit. If you want QW aircontrol then he is the man to talk to.

Same guy who's been doing QWCA IIRC? (And som Electrobot or something?)
2014-06-03, 10:17
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
Yep, that is the guy. I believe he dropped work on the bot to work on Reflex full time.

He is the same guy who made the Pro-X Clan Arena mod that is used still nowadays
2014-06-16, 01:45
123 posts

Mar 2006
It seems like a it'll be good based on what I've seen. There's a lot of arena FPS in development now Reflex, Reborn, UT4, ProjectNex, etc but the main struggle isn't making a good game but a popular one too. Warsow is a decent Quake-like FPS but no one plays it and never will. Without a critical mass in the competitive community there's no reason to play or keep playing. NA QW had population issues way before EU QW but once EU QW got to a breaking point it fell even faster than NA.

There's not a single FPS out there at the moment with the spirit of QW which is popular and I'm not sure there will be again. It's just too hard for most people. Quake 1 was like a trojan horse which drew people in via single player, amazing technology, modding and online play. It was a revolution and people got caught up in that. It seems impossible to draw people in again like that. Most players now will instantly recognize a high skill arena FPS and lose interest after they get destroyed in a few games. Most of the projects I mentioned above aren't even likely to match Quake and miss things such as modding or single player or being ahead of the curve in technology. I'm hopeful one of these projects will succeed and I'll be able to compete in it but it's a huge uphill battle.

The only recent fast FPS I know of which has come out and been fairly popular was Tribes Ascend. However as a F2P game it lacked basic features at the start. Over time a few were added like the option to buy dedicated servers but it was distinctly worse than Quake in that regard as you had to pay and it was much more limited. After less than a year the population of T:A dropped so much they stopped developing it (and they still had many things to work on). They never let people mod or even make maps for the game.

Loadout was another somewhat similar game but it was 3rd person it's not exactly the same. You can see how fast the population of Loadout dropped here -

http://steamcharts.com/app/208090#All

The problem here again was the game was unfinished and high skill. There was shitty match making and lacked basic features like modding, map making, private servers, spectating, bad balance, etc. Some of these issues have since been fixed in Loadout but it'll be a huge amount of work for them to get back to their previous high of 30k players and I doubt they'll ever do it. Instead they announced a PS4 release and will likely drop support on PC soon enough.
2014-06-16, 06:32
286 posts

Sep 2012
Loadout could have been something, as it had the same fun approach than tf2 but could also be played at a competitive level. I really liked it, but sticking to 3rd person was a huge error, I gave up really fast on it because it's impossible to play seriously and at a high level a third person shooter...
I agree with the fact that we'll probably never have a popular high skilled fps again, but if one of those projects turn out to be good enough to gather a small community for a while, I would already be glad to play it. Although I fear none of those will have the same "raw" feeling than old fps ( you can already cross out all games on shitty unreal engine ).
2014-06-16, 22:24
94 posts

Oct 2011
Just make QW to be able to look like that with super HD mega textures and add some kind of matchmaking feature like CS:GO with rank. Also if you win a duel/TDM match you win cases and stuff that you can buy keys to and unlock to get new weapon skins and stickers you can put on your rocketlauncher. You can also sell the super rare RL skins for 300-500 Euro on some kind of marketplace and trade system.

And don't forget to rename it a bit maybe something like QuakeWorld Resurrected, QuakeWorld 2nd Arena. Greenlight it on steam or better make it an early acess game for 20 eur.

$$Profit$$
2014-06-17, 00:47
124 posts

Apr 2012
z0mbie90 wrote:
Just make QW to be able to look like that with super HD mega textures and add some kind of matchmaking feature like CS:GO with rank. Also if you win a duel/TDM match you win cases and stuff that you can buy keys to and unlock to get new weapon skins and stickers you can put on your rocketlauncher. You can also sell the super rare RL skins for 300-500 Euro on some kind of marketplace and trade system.

And don't forget to rename it a bit maybe something like QuakeWorld Resurrected, QuakeWorld 2nd Arena. Greenlight it on steam or better make it an early acess game for 20 eur.

$$Profit$$

I like where this is going!

Some ideas for new Quakeworld 2nd Arena marketplace items:

"better nailgun"

"quake live rocket launcher" (for sane) which basically just shoots really slow rockets

"lithium polymer lg cells" upgrade which makes antilag work more consistently (blood blobs update client-side etc)

"unreal tournament style link gun beam" for lg, turns the lg beam into a wobbling mess that you can't aim with

etc

I'm going to get a sponsorship from INTEL and put an INTEL INSIDE(TM) sticker on my axe!!!!!
2014-06-17, 01:40
232 posts

Feb 2006
lol
vb.drok-radnik.com
  16 posts on 1 page  1