User panel stuff on forum
  21 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2013-09-19, 16:50
News Writer
66 posts

Sep 2013
Guys,

I can see that some of you are using ezquake-gl client version 2.2.alpha. Where is this available from? And what is the changelog compared to 2.1.1 stable?
At http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezquake/files/?source=navbar I only see 2.1.1.

Thanks and regards,
toma
2013-09-19, 19:22
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
It can be found among the ezQuake nightly builds. I would link to it but It's a pain when im writing this on the phone... The main reason I upgraded to this alpha version is to get rid of the annoying dwarf bug (where your pov would sometimes end up in the floor when spectating a game).
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2013-09-20, 11:31
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
Here you are:

http://uttergrottan.localghost.net/ezquake/dev/nightlybuilds/

Have Fun!!
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2013-09-20, 11:48
286 posts

Sep 2012
Also you have a brand new gl_outline command
2013-09-20, 15:22
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Is this version included in nQuake btw? I guess it may be a bit dodgy to include an alpha release in the most popular QW package but seeing as it fixes the dwarf bug (which doesn't really give a great impression if it happens) while the release seems stable and is accepted in tournaments, i'd go for it. :}
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2013-09-20, 20:44
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
Wow logged into this site after a long time just to reply.

Everyone should be on the new ezQuake. It's just as stable as the latest official build, but includes new features. I forget a lot of them, but aside from the dwarf bugfix (by qqshka I think), I made many aesthetic improvements. The console screen on start-up is cleaned up A LOT, the full-path of loaded cfg/pak/pk3/wav files are displayed (loading c:\quake\xx\xx\whatever.cfg), scoreboard colors are new and improved (and correlate to different numbers.. packetlost 0 is white, increasing pl changes color), teamoverlay now uses your personal colors for weapons (red rl, etc) and also includes "rlg". The built-in tp messages are now much improved and modernized (in some cases probably better than your configs). Fragfile has also been updated but you have to download that separately, added "mutesound" to mute/unmute. I also made LOTS of improvements/updates to default settings and the in-console documentation (which I think you also have to download separately).

Anyway, there are many improvements and additions which I've forgotten now. Anyone interested can read the commit log here:
https://github.com/ezQuake/ezquake-source/commits/master
Go back all the way to about march or april 2011 to see all the changes since then.

ezQuake should make a release now, with all of the changes in a changelog. Granted, nothing huge/major has been made, just lots of small changes/updates by me and some relatively larger ones by better coders. Ideally, after this Dimman (de-facto ezQuake leader now?) and a few others (insert your name here) will join ezQuake and start coding for it again.

Edit: forum cuts off my name =[. Also, I guess moving to the new site I lost all admin powers. boo.
2013-11-23, 20:54
224 posts

Mar 2007
I just grabbed 2013-11-20-21fa985-ezquake.7z and the console returns it as "stable" from f_version. Did a quick look at the front page and it wasn't mentioned so there ya go. BTW, I realize ezquake dev is basically dead at this point but I would like to thank all the devs involved for making this great game as good as it can be for as long as possible.
2013-11-24, 00:17
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
5h17h34d wrote:
I just grabbed 2013-11-20-21fa985-ezquake.7z and the console returns it as "stable" from f_version. Did a quick look at the front page and it wasn't mentioned so there ya go. BTW, I realize ezquake dev is basically dead at this point but I would like to thank all the devs involved for making this great game as good as it can be for as long as possible.

Actually, I did some fixes recently and made it 2.2 stable. I haven't had time to build it and create release packages, that's why you don't see them on the webpage yet.

Current master branch on ezQuake git repository will be major version 3 (which we have started working on), nightly build scripts are building the 2.2 stable branch right now. Version 3 has a unified backend for Windows/Linux/OSX, especially bringing the OSX version up to speed since it's currently in a pretty bad shape. There's gonna be a lot more things happening in version 3. As soon as we are somewhat feature complete (still long to go though), the nightly build system will move over to master again and build v3.

NOTE: Third-from-top nightly build reports version "3.0 alpha", this is not correct, nightly build managed to build a version before I had a chance to move the changes. That version is older than 2.2 stable.

Everyone feel free to download the latest nightly as it's the same as will be released officially when I get time.

So no need to be sad, even if it's not always moving fast, it's still moving
2013-11-24, 08:50
343 posts

Feb 2006
There will not be a 2.2 for OSX before 3.0 then?
ProjectQ1Q3, Frogbot Waypoint and Map Conversion Tutorial @ http://mickkn.mooo.com
2013-11-24, 15:44
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
Mick wrote:
There will not be a 2.2 for OSX before 3.0 then?

Unfortunately no. Mostly because we don't have an OSX developer at hands. If someone would be interested to take 2.2 code and make it work on latest OSX then we are more than happy to release 2.2 for OSX

One of the goals with SDL2 is just that we don't have to have specific system competence for all different operating systems out there. We focus on making the game and engine better while "it just works (tm)" for all platforms we support
2013-11-25, 00:11
82 posts

Jul 2009
The latest git does not seem very stable, crashed today after 5 min.
2013-11-25, 09:40
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
drowsy wrote:

Which branch? master? Or did you mean you fetched the latest nightly binary?

Please provide some useful information along with comments like this, like what OS you are on. 32 or 64bit? Whats your hardware? What client version of ezQuake? etc etc.
2013-11-26, 15:05
82 posts

Jul 2009
dimman wrote:
drowsy wrote:

Please provide some useful information along with comments like this, like what OS you are on. 32 or 64bit? Whats your hardware? What client version of ezQuake? etc etc.

I just did "git clone git://github.com/ezQuake/ezquake-source.git" and compiled that version.
64bit, Linux. Hardware is i7 + GTX760, binary nvidia drivers.
Maybe I could run it in gdb and see where it crashes.
2013-11-26, 15:32
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
drowsy wrote:
dimman wrote:
drowsy wrote:

I just did "git clone git://github.com/ezQuake/ezquake-source.git" and compiled that version.
64bit, Linux. Hardware is i7 + GTX760, binary nvidia drivers.
Maybe I could run it in gdb and see where it crashes.

Please do. If you don't switch branch, master is the default. Interesting that it crashes for you, it's basically the same code base as has been used for almost a year, so it would be nice if you can find out what's going wrong.

Before you do that though, please checkout 'ezquake_22' branch and compile that instead. master branch is for v3 development and isn't expected to be stable.
Try this:
git clone git://github.com/ezQuake/ezquake-source.git ezquake
cd ezquake
git checkout ezquake_22
make -j9 glx

If you checkout ezquake_22' in your current source tree, do a 'make clean' before recompiling.
2013-12-01, 00:15
82 posts

Jul 2009
Cant reproduce that crash anymore.

By the way, how come I cannot play .qwz in Linux in the demo browser?

Qizmo exists for linux too...
2013-12-07, 18:57
224 posts

Mar 2007
dimman wrote:
So no need to be sad, even if it's not always moving fast, it's still moving

Excellent, thanks!
2013-12-07, 20:39
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
Cool guys, this is an informative thread. I never upgraded as i thought it was only a bug fix but i will check this out now.

Do I just need the .exe or extract all the files and overwrite from the .zip?
2013-12-08, 05:52
82 posts

Jul 2009
If I try to load lgc3 from http://lgc.quakeworld.nu/lgc3.zip
by doing:
gamedir lgc3
exec lgc3

then ezquake crashes with
"Error: VFSOS_ReadBytes: bytestoread < 0"
2013-12-09, 14:09
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
drowsy wrote:
If I try to load lgc3 from http://lgc.quakeworld.nu/lgc3.zip
by doing:
gamedir lgc3
exec lgc3

then ezquake crashes with
"Error: VFSOS_ReadBytes: bytestoread < 0"

Hey, help me out here:
Does it work with lets say ezQuake 2.1.1? Where did it stop working?
2013-12-09, 14:25
82 posts

Jul 2009
It crashes in ezq 2.1 (build 3331) as well.
Funny thing, I just found out that it does not crash if I do
gamedir lgc3
exec lgc3.cfg (instead of "exec lgc3"!!)

I was just following phil's site, and there he says to run "exec lgc3".
2013-12-10, 21:37
73 posts

Oct 2010
There is a bug in all ezquakes - it crashes on ztnbase, while some nq engines working well there.
  21 posts on 1 page  1