User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2011-06-11, 05:30
4 posts

Jun 2011
Hello everyone, I seriously need help.

I uninstalled nQuake because I messed up with folders and files, then reinstalled it again. Now it doesn't seem to work in any kind of way. I try to start it, then after a lot of loading time the main screen appears, but it just freezes, forcing me to exit via Task Manager. The weird thing is that the entire screen resolution and colours are now changed, and even the mouse sensibility seems "different" (I guess this happens because I should be playing the game, that actually crashed). If I reboot the system then it's fine again, but trying to start nQuake causes this weird issue again and again. Reinstalled 4 times, and I really don't know what to do.

I have a Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.40 GHz, 4,0 GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 as a video card.
I'm running Windows Vista 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP3.

Thanks for your support in advance.
2011-06-18, 07:41
52 posts

Feb 2008
sounds like your having the same problem i am,, also on win7 but 64 bit ultimate.. hope someone figures this out.. quite annoying ..
2011-06-20, 12:15
Administrator
334 posts

Jan 2006
reinstalled what? windows 7 or just nquake?
ready!
2011-06-20, 18:35
52 posts

Feb 2008
I was dong some reading on this and evidently someting is messed with the server browser,, I know you could go and do some other things to fix it but this is what i did..

quakefolder/ezquake/sb i just deleted all the servers and cache out of that folder..

then i dled game scanner http://www.bdamage.se/

in game scanner i pointed my exe for ezquake and well i dont have any more problems..

this worked for me hope it does the same for you if not well keep on these guys they will get ya right..
2011-06-30, 15:02
1 post

Jun 2011
here to report the same issue on my windows box with ezquake. running windows 7 (32 bit), ati radeon hd 5670
even the fix rex provided didn't solve the issue, however it did load the game (however crashing at the load screen). tried reinstalling ezquake, updated my video drivers and have tried nightly builds, all to no avail
2011-06-30, 16:25
685 posts

Jul 2007
harps wrote:
here to report the same issue on my windows box with ezquake. running windows 7 (32 bit), ati radeon hd 5670
even the fix rex provided didn't solve the issue, however it did load the game (however crashing at the load screen). tried reinstalling ezquake, updated my video drivers and have tried nightly builds, all to no avail

Does Fodquake run? If you try, u must connect to a server (can't be used offline). Or play a demo.
  6 posts on 1 page  1