User panel stuff on forum
  17 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2011-03-16, 07:43
950 posts

Apr 2006
Following this news article (http://www.quakeworld.nu/news/677/), I open here a feedback thread regarding changes done to the race mode of KTX.
Any constructive comment is welcomed.

Thanks
2011-03-16, 08:29
383 posts

Jan 2006
Please, port RocketArena to ktx.
With best wishes, B1aze.
2011-03-16, 08:43
950 posts

Apr 2006
B1aze, Rocket Arena is already in ktx. If there are some things to fix, open trackers at http://ktx.qw-dev.net/issues/new !
(to test it, connect and issue a /arena command)
2011-03-16, 22:13
383 posts

Jan 2006
Thanks for the info.
With best wishes, B1aze.
2011-03-17, 23:05
950 posts

Apr 2006
Any race related feedback?
2011-03-18, 00:57
215 posts

Mar 2006
love it, easy to use thx
It Takes A Tough Man To Make A Tender Rocketjump
2011-03-18, 09:53
693 posts

Jan 2006
deurk wrote:
B1aze, Rocket Arena is already in ktx. If there are some things to fix, open trackers at http://ktx.qw-dev.net/issues/new !
(to test it, connect and issue a /arena command)

Is there a command to disable damage from own rockets?

Any clan arena mode? Or "FFA RA"?
2011-03-18, 13:27
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Haven't tested it yet but from what I read, it looks completely awesome
2011-03-18, 13:29
950 posts

Apr 2006
gaz wrote:
Is there a command to disable damage from own rockets?
Any clan arena mode? Or "FFA RA"?

Not sure any of those 2 questions is related to race...

* Disable own rocket damage is not possible afaik
* Clan Arena command is /carena (we need feedback on that here: http://qw-dev.net/boards/3/topics/61)
2011-03-18, 14:30
569 posts

Feb 2006
teamplay mode 1 used to disable own dammage to health (only destroyed ur armor). Maybe teamplay modes doesnt exists anylonger.

Btw, race mode is awesome. GJ. I will try to hold a tourney sometime.
2011-03-18, 14:45
950 posts

Apr 2006
Thanks Willgurht, if you know some funky mappers, now's the time to round them up
2011-03-22, 08:00
215 posts

Mar 2006
toptimes sharing across servers?
or toptimes submitted to online stats page B)
It Takes A Tough Man To Make A Tender Rocketjump
2011-03-22, 10:01
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
purplehaze wrote:

+1.

This should be doable, right? Perhaps not linking server-to-server but to qwstats or something. I'd love to have a place where I can just select a map of the mappool and see the top 20 global times for that map or something. Gives you something to aim for!

Also, is it possible to make the ingame characters not interact with one another? That would make it possible for more than one player to play at a time (see DeFrag in quake 3) which sort of makes it more fun. It's really boring to sit 4-5 guys at a server and take turns in doing the run since you have to wait for such a long time. However if you wouldn't interact with the other characters you'd never have to wait and you can keep trying to get the flow etc. That's how defrag works in q3 and I feel that's probably the best way to go in this mod. I mean like, you can see the other players, but you cannot knock them back and if you try to walk into them, you walk right through them. If that makes sense.

But yeah, non-interactive characters so more can play at a time (or choose to observe, of course).

Another thing would be the scoreboard. Everyone of course gets the message when someone finishes a race, you see what time they finished it on, but I'd also love the scoreboard (when tabbing) to show every individual's top time instead of frags or whatnot. Naturally not best time ever, but best time that specific visit on the server.

If these things were possible I think the popularity would be way higher, just like defrag was in q3!

/andeh
2011-03-22, 12:29
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Andeh wrote:
purplehaze wrote:

+1.

This should be doable, right? Perhaps not linking server-to-server but to qwstats or something. I'd love to have a place where I can just select a map of the mappool and see the top 20 global times for that map or something. Gives you something to aim for!

A bad idea. A server should never try to connect to another server (or anywhere else), it is not the function of a server. (sending a heartbeat to a master is different)

If you want such a feature, you already have stats.qw.nu. I'm sure you can add the feature to the bot collecting data, and then filter race times by nick or something. It should be doable, since the bot can already fetch scores from a server, so doing a simple "race_show_toptimes" shouldn't be that hard.
Servers: Troopers
2011-03-22, 12:46
950 posts

Apr 2006
purplehaze/Renzo: Yeah, i'll make command pollable by bot outside of race mod. Let me get back to you for details later.

Andeh: Multirace (as a few of us call it) is already planned for next version of KTX. See tracking ticket here: http://qw-dev.net/issues/352 (linked Ghostmode ticket is http://qw-dev.net/issues/351).
2011-03-22, 15:33
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Nice! And yeah Renzo I meant like qwstats does it, and then add a feature to the races on qwstats where you can see top times for the different maps. Would be totally awesome!

Deurk: nice, yeah Multirace would help the fun in it incredibly much I believe. It's still important to be able to see the others though, just that they "disappear" if they get too close to you. In other words just like defrag. Amazing!
2011-03-29, 13:28
950 posts

Apr 2006
Ok, fixed silent demo recording. Now top times demos are correctly stored and race_show_record_details shows correct name.
Enjoy
  17 posts on 1 page  1