User panel stuff on forum
  12 posts on 1 page  1
Transfers
2008-09-27, 08:47
3 posts

Sep 2008
Hey!

Names Karl, 24 years old Swedish/American, and currently living in Denmark.
Looking for a team for the upcoming NQR/EQL season. Bored of all the new games out there and have decided to play quake1 again. I never played qw so this
is a totally new type of q1 for me.

EXP: Played with some of the best tdm teams in netquake such as 6fu, and PI(USA). Also played with the some of the best Q3TDM teams such as Darkside, Clan_knightmare, ichorvile, and CCCP. Attended 6 CPL events, for Painkiller and Doom3. Came 8th in the D3 events, and best I did in PK were a few top 16 placings. So I have a lot of experience both amateur and professional and would just like to give qw a shot. (a bit late perhaps, but out of all the games I ever played quake1 was the most enjoyable.) So hit me up if you are interested, I adapt quite fast and im a nice dude!
2008-09-27, 10:29
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
try hanging out in #qwrookie on the quakenet irc server
Chosen
2008-09-27, 22:33
252 posts

Dec 2006
Welcome to Quakeworld tybalt! I hope you can make it to both Dreamhack and QHlan.

While modern day Quakeworld client, ezQuake, is very much easier to configure for new players these days (requiring less use of the console), there are still, imo, important things to configure using only the console, so you should make any inquiries about configuration on this forum or in #qwhelp (i think) on quakenet.
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2008-09-28, 18:01
86 posts

Jan 2006
hi tyblat!
how about starting a new clan.. ?
/tumult
2008-09-29, 11:26
3 posts

Sep 2008
tough starting a new team when you don't know any players
2008-09-29, 11:41
News Writer
169 posts

Dec 2007
I would recommend you check the team building for eql 8 at http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3289
Hopefully this will be useful
2008-09-29, 12:55
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
tybalt: You've probably haven't heard of either Quakeklan or Quakeklan.b. Either way, to make a long story short(or so was the thought ):

Quakeklan started and aimed for ~div4, and we had some nice dudes hanging out chatting in our channel who didn't really fit in our mainteam. So we started up Quakeklan.b, a rookieclan, who won last NQR-tournament (no discussion about Exxus and Kreuger here ppl). Anyway, the clan has been disbanded since then for different reasons.

I decided to split original Quakeklan due to skilldifferences in the team, so we were 4 people playing in Quakeklan 1, and the other 4-6ppl was gonna play in Quakeklan2.
For different reasons Quakeklan2 really never happened, but now some of the old members (still nice guys, and once a QK, always a QK ) felt like playing again, and we decided to bring it back to life.
I talked to Soma and talked very well about your rise in skill, so here I am asking: Wanna try it out? We are still looking for more members, but we have everything else set up. We got Ventserver, channel and so on, and a bunch of nice guys around who surely can help with what-ever-quake-related, so if you feel that it sounds good just gimme a PM here or join #quakeklan or #quakeklan2 on Quakenet.

//fog
2008-09-29, 13:09
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
I'm looking to learn teamplay. I've been looking for years now, with no success. My only problem is the time zone issue. I get home around 6 pm EST, which is +8 hours sthlm time -- 2 AM :X

But I can play earlier on sat/sun.

Every little "startup" clan I join folds within a week and I never really get any playtime.

SADFACE
2008-09-29, 13:10
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
I'm looking to learn teamplay. I've been looking for years now, with no success. My only problem is the time zone issue. I get home around 6 pm EST, which is +8 hours sthlm time -- 2 AM :X

Every little "startup" clan I join folds within a week and I never really get any playtime.

SADFACE
2008-09-29, 13:11
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006

SADFACE
2008-09-30, 08:46
News Writer
283 posts

Jan 2007
Sad face indeed. I'd like to be rostered with a team so that I can occasionally play some 4v4, though I am rather busy so might just be available once or twice every couple of weeks. I've been playing in clans on and off since 1997, most recently in Morituri in the NQR before last I think, div4 or 5 it was.

Looking for an active clan who don't mind that I can't commit regularly!
2008-09-30, 15:53
3 posts

Sep 2008
stop hijacking my thread!
  12 posts on 1 page  1