User panel stuff on forum
  10 posts on 1 page  1
QW.nu polls
2008-08-29, 01:32
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Last poll indicated that most of the people voted like to play aerowalk the most. Let's keep this poll in duels too, regarding tournaments. What should be done when your opponent starts to time during a round?

1) Frag the player as many times as possible during his lag. If the player times out, wait him to come back and finish the round.

2) Do not frag him, instead wait for him to recover from lag or time out/rejoin and finish the round.

3) If the player times out and does not rejoin the game before round ends, he loses the round if he wasn't leading.

4) The round should be replayed.

Perhaps the results should be implemented in the upcoming tournaments as a rule. As a personal opinion, I think that timing players can be killed during the time they are timing out and finish the round. If the player timing out isn't leading and he times out and can't rejoin the game before it ends, the round should be for the player leading/not timing.

Default it this way, but if the other player (not timed out) agrees on or wants to have the round to be replayed, it can happen (but only as courtesy).

I'm sure this poll stirrs quite a few people, so let's see what majority thinks.
Servers: Troopers
2008-08-29, 07:45
1435 posts

Jan 2006
A pause (timeout) should be available in QW (not only for this purpose), because if you stand in the map and wait for the player to stop lagging, items keep on respawning, so let's say you had both mega and ra in dm6 under control - if you are "super fair" and keep standing on the spot where you were when the lag started, after it's gone you will most probably get only RA and you opponent will get MH and you might lose your advantage.
2008-08-29, 08:04
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
yes we need that, and it should automaticly go active if a player lags out
2008-09-01, 16:25
569 posts

Feb 2006
agreed with zalon. Could even keep position and weapon status of timed out player, so that a new player could join in his place.
2008-09-02, 13:06
485 posts

Feb 2006
Needs a short countdown, so people don't get paused above lava etc..
2008-09-04, 13:56
312 posts

Feb 2006
yes either that or just exploit the lag and frag as much as you can, no need to be fair if it's not in the rules
2008-09-04, 15:19
1754 posts

Jan 2006
Nah, this is how it would be: PAUSE the game with a cmd humma humma and then wait for him to contact you by coming back or irc..
something like that would be nice
2008-09-09, 11:53
715 posts

May 2006
+1 for pause
---Where can you see lions? Only in kenya! Come to kenya we've got lions.
2008-09-09, 21:22
357 posts

Mar 2006
This is just a suggestion, maybe I'm misreading this poll, but in my mods (netquake) the server sends an "ack" to each client once every 5 seconds and times their response. Whether or not the client has responded it keeps "knockin on their door". If after 3 attempts (15 seconds since last valid response received from the client) it marks them as LAGGED. If someone tries to shoot that player they take no damage, and become untouchable (like a ghost). If the lagged client fires,jumps, or any impulse received from them by the server, they are immediately cleared as lagged. After 30 seconds of no response they are disconnected the server, and the match will go into AUTOPAUSE. When they reconnect they can use their GHOSTCODE, which preserved every aspect of the client, to rejoin the match. I'm sure KTX could set an option to PAUSE the match in the event that one of the players in a 1 on 1 is LAGGED. This would be most fair. But for like a 4 on 4, looser restrictions would deem proper.

That's just my 2-bits.
2008-09-28, 00:44
1329 posts

Apr 2006
From KTX.CFG :
// timing players
set allow_timing 1 // timing/lagged players manipulation (0 = off, 1 = on)
set timing_players_time 5 // how long a player should lag before manipulation starts (seconds)
set timing_players_action 1 // timing/lagged players manipulation (bit mask):
// 1=info, 2=glow, 4=invincible, 8=autokpause

So variety of choices are available. I'm not sure autokpause works but perhaps I should just test it.
Servers: Troopers
  10 posts on 1 page  1