User panel stuff on forum
  84 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page
General Discussion
2008-05-15, 15:52
150 posts

Nov 2006
I just played a guy that was using wallhack and aimbot.
After 2m of game was obvious so i decided to "force" him to use the cheats by pretending i was comming out of corners and just move back.
The shots were 100% timed and no spam. The LG after watching the demo was clear as water.

I have the demo, was played at "UK2 London KTPro|213.232.95.125:27500", should still be there. (unnamed vs tonk)
Hes probably just a new guy having fun with those cheats.

Im posting this only to know if there's anything to worry about ?
2008-05-15, 16:21
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Yesterday there was a cheater at xs4all ktx ffa with aimbot, I've reported it to flepser's email, demo included. Someone on the server told me there was another aimbot idiot on fod ffa day or two ago.
2008-05-15, 16:23
355 posts

Jun 2006
Yeah it's blatant. The unfortunate thing is his movement is not completely crap--he is probably someone who plays regularly (although in a lower div) :[
2008-05-15, 16:47
1329 posts

Apr 2006
I've said this at least once earlier on a similar situation: you CAN ban cheaters properly with getrealip/ban ip-range.

This happens yet again on xs4all. So marshall/flepser, please configure your servers and add bans for those damn cheaters. It's quite sad to see that atm they go unpunished.

Provide me with the ip they had and I can check if it's a known player from any of my servers or from this forum.
Servers: Troopers
2008-05-15, 16:48
401 posts

Mar 2006
Here in Australia we have a cheater "L3X" who plays almost everyday on 210.50.4.11 FFA server. He has aimbot, wallhack, speed and fly thing. He also has some program that floods all IPGN servers with fake clients so you can't join because servers appear to be full.

Unfortunately if you kick him he just comes back

I have some demos as well.
2008-05-15, 21:03
108 posts

Jun 2006
seen 3 cheaters on fod ffa in the last week. Was kinda different cheats they used. One had the hanging in mid air etc, one had 100% lg, but one had kinda tweaked is bot so he always hit 40% lg. If u spawned near them u instantly had a rocket in your face, almost like the bot would now a fraction of a sec before u spawned that u spawned there. 2 off them was playing on the server in the same time. ppl would join and just drop again because off those two. Isn't much u can do when there is a dude hanging in midair at ra on ztndm3 with quad and 100%lg
before last week i hadn't seen a cheater in 6 years or something.
Terrorhead, thats sound so bad, he must have some Josef Fritzel mentality to do that everyday.
2008-05-15, 22:57
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Today he does it again, heh. No replies from Flepser yet.
2008-05-15, 23:29
705 posts

Feb 2006
hehe 2 aimbots on xs4all 'mamma' and 'pappa' go flepser!
2008-05-15, 23:30
715 posts

May 2006
Flepser talking atm, progress
---Where can you see lions? Only in kenya! Come to kenya we've got lions.
2008-05-16, 08:19
370 posts

May 2006
molgrum wrote:
Flepser talking atm, progress

W00t?

anyway I think they are banned
Custom maps for the show, episodes for the pro.
2008-05-16, 08:19
370 posts

May 2006
Renzo wrote:
I've said this at least once earlier on a similar situation: you CAN ban cheaters properly with getrealip/ban ip-range.

This happens yet again on xs4all. So marshall/flepser, please configure your servers and add bans for those damn cheaters. It's quite sad to see that atm they go unpunished.

Provide me with the ip they had and I can check if it's a known player from any of my servers or from this forum.

Last time it happened the cheater was banned, and now they are banned again.
2008-05-16, 13:25
95 posts

Jun 2006
A guy under the name 'player' was using an aimbot and wallhack on xs4all just now. Then the server said: 'speed cheat possibility, analyzing: '82112 37516.3 1 for player', then he dropped, whether intentionally or not remains unclear to me.
2008-05-16, 14:04
715 posts

May 2006
Flepser:

What i meant was that you were "on the case" at the time I wrote that
2008-05-16, 20:23
31 posts

Nov 2007
Doesn't XS4ALL's server software/mod allow players to votekick/votetempban other players?

Seems like the community at least knows a cheater when it sees one, which is good, but having to rely on an anti-cheat (which has been demonstrated to be useless anyway) or an admin to wake up and ban the player (which takes a while), seems...well...inefficient.
2008-05-16, 21:13
150 posts

Nov 2006
True. I doubt a cheater have any programming skills wich means they all use same program. Never saw a cheat program, dont know how it works but couldnt ezquake client or server detect if that specific program is being used ? and warn, block client or do "something" ?
2008-05-19, 11:49
5 posts

Apr 2008
MatriX wrote:
(...) couldnt ezquake client or server detect if that specific program is being used ? and warn, block client or do "something" ?

In CS (ya, sorry), there's 3rd party clients that take screenshots at random intervals (to give solid evidence of wallhack), checks what programs are running in the background etc., to detect cheating.
Maybe a similar program could be made for QW?

[url]http://www.cheatguard.org/[url]
2008-05-19, 15:17
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Sv_cullentities is under consideration for MVDSV. This way wallhacks are being rendered useless and it also should lower bw requirements of the server, or at least this is what I've been told.
2008-05-19, 15:29
705 posts

Feb 2006
1) ban zQuake (im sure he's not smart enough to port the cheat to other clients)
2) ban iprange not just ip
3) give few regulars admin to keep that shithead away.

I think that's a viable solution. more pro's than con's imo.
2008-05-19, 15:32
1100 posts

Jan 2006
Has this just been a recent issue? If so, won't it solve itself simply by repeatly kickbanning him until he gets bored? (That would be point 3 I guess)

Banning zQuake would suck, it's a great client.
2008-05-19, 15:37
705 posts

Feb 2006
Spirit wrote:
Has this just been a recent issue? If so, won't it solve itself simply by repeatly kickbanning him until he gets bored? (That would be point 3 I guess)

Banning zQuake would suck, it's a great client.

Yes recent but every night since a week or so, id rather see this punk nailed to the wall and fucked by greco.
Yes it would suck but it think it's the lesser of evils.
Btw I'm just talking about xs4all i don't want this anywhere else.
2008-05-19, 15:46
1435 posts

Jan 2006
So he's using modified client and not proxy form of the aimbot?
2008-05-19, 15:47
705 posts

Feb 2006
JohnNy_cz wrote:
So he's using modified client and not proxy form of the aimbot?

f_version gives that he is using qizmo and zQuake
2008-05-19, 16:47
117 posts

Jan 2006
Certain bot's can change their f_version reply quite easily so the zQuake reply is inconclusive to be honest. Isn't it possible to find someone's IP if they are on Qizmo? Because the only IP that FlePser banned was UK2 London Qizmo|16ms|213.232.95.125:28000. Clearly he's not a total noob because now he just uses Dybbuk Qizmo (he was just on it as I type this).

If I had to guess, I'd say he was from UK and using ADSL (cable pings are unstable from what I've seen :p) and probably GotWalls client because it has wallhack and a limited aimbot. (limited as in it totally sucks with rl)

Anyhoo... maybe the Dybbuk admin can get his IP?
2008-05-19, 17:04
715 posts

May 2006
sv_cullentities / sv_cullplayers is implemented in FTESV for any server admins that want to test it out. What it will do is basically to only draw entities that are within your vision, causing items and players behind walls to never be sent to people that shouldn't see them.
2008-05-19, 17:10
518 posts

Jan 2006
ruskie wrote:
1) ban zQuake (im sure he's not smart enough to port the cheat to other clients)
2) ban iprange not just ip
3) give few regulars admin to keep that shithead away.

I think that's a viable solution. more pro's than con's imo.

I now have admin acces to the xs4all ffa also, so msg me on irc when the lamer is around
2008-05-19, 17:38
89 posts

Jul 2007
i think he was on today, atleast some "player" dude was in there with some dope skills.
test one two.
2008-05-19, 18:48
31 posts

Nov 2007
anoxia wrote:
MatriX wrote:
(...) couldnt ezquake client or server detect if that specific program is being used ? and warn, block client or do "something" ?

In CS (ya, sorry), there's 3rd party clients that take screenshots at random intervals (to give solid evidence of wallhack), checks what programs are running in the background etc., to detect cheating.
Maybe a similar program could be made for QW?

[url]http://www.cheatguard.org/[url]

Screenshot detection has been demonstrated possible to bypass, and of course programs can always mask their existence to the detection program (change their filename, change their filesize, change the name of the program window, etc.). In addition, this anti-cheat program would require hard-coded support for clients, and require separate versions with totally different detection methodologies for Linux and Mac OSX. Plus who is going to maintain the anti-cheat when someone inevitably manages to defeat it?

So in short, it won't stop cheaters from cheating and it will inconvenience players by limiting their choice of clients. I like Spirit's idea better:

Spirit wrote:

Exactly. And by giving average players the ability to police their own servers by giving them the ability to kickban for a limited amount of time instead of being forced to PM an admin, you vastly reduce the amount of time the cheater can 'get away' with his cheating before the hammer comes down. Thus the cheater gets more annoyed sooner, ergo he gets bored and stops sooner.

And of course 'temp' banning (only 10-15 mins) so accidental bans aren't so bad, while being long enough to make cheaters decide between waiting and going through the trouble of getting a new IP, both aggravating.
2008-05-19, 23:17
1329 posts

Apr 2006
gore wrote:
Isn't it possible to find someone's IP if they are on Qizmo? Because the only IP that FlePser banned was UK2 London Qizmo|16ms|213.232.95.125:28000. Clearly he's not a total noob because now he just uses Dybbuk Qizmo (he was just on it as I type this).

As I have already stated, sv_getrealip can be used to get the client IP behind Qizmo IP (they both will be recorded in the player logs).
Renzo wrote:

This also means that bans will be applied even if the player has proxy (or ten) between him and the server. Unless of course he is a master coder guru who can make his client to reply wrong random ip-address.
2008-05-20, 11:29
357 posts

Mar 2006
Renzo wrote:
Sv_cullentities is under consideration for MVDSV. This way wallhacks are being rendered useless and it also should lower bw requirements of the server, or at least this is what I've been told.

This is how I implemented a simple culltrace on my servers in netQuake, should be easily portable to QuakeWorld. Yes it will reduce the net traffic because culled entities arent sent to every client. (Thanks to Spike, LordHavoc, and Baker for their help with this).. http://www.quakeone.com/qrack/culltrace.txt

A few things to note,

if a player has glowing properties (flag carrier, quad etc..) the glow will not be seen (around corners) until the model is visible.
also curious how it might affect demos, I've noticed watching some .mvd demos that I can see ALL players running about no matter how far out of the map i view.. therefore culled entities wont be written to the demo.
culling entities can actually save some fps as well
2008-05-20, 16:39
370 posts

May 2006
There is one guy now being VERY annoying and his IP range is different, but when you /dns that it's almost the same all the time. I asked Zalon if he knows how to ban a *.nameblalba.namema.sk .

Because, let's say, his IP was first 111.11.111.111 and last time was 11.222.222.222 . If you dig what I mean?

Oh and I removed the UK qizmo from the banlist, sorry for that.
  84 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page