User panel stuff on forum
  3 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2008-04-08, 10:11
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
Yesterday Matrix told me that I play better today than I ever played. I disagred with him - today I play 1/100 of the time i used to play until 2005. I can no longer move and aim like i used to (at least i feel that way). But i agree that the tactics/experience stayed. Although and due to the fact of less time playing, i "stress" more easily (loose aim in stressful situations). But today's hardware is much better... so... question: Am I a better player today?

I tend to think the best clan of all times was Flaming Fist (FF). They simply humiliated every opponent they could find. With a dream lineup, they only lost 3 official matches in their whole career. My question is: if FF played vs one of the top clans TODAY, who do you think that would win? This question has no correct answer, but it is interesting to think about it. FF had the most amazing players - teamwise and div0wise. But were they better than today's div0's?

what about duel? Was Vana (duelmania 1 winner) or MrLame (dm 2 winner) better than today's best player? and dmm4 btw?

What do you think :=)

ps. In the movie Rocky4 (cof sucks cof) there's scenes where they compare the current champion with mr. balboa in a computer simulated combat, considering their best form and skill. can we do demo_compare in the console?

some flaming fist info, some taken from their website:
http://wiki.qwdrama.com/Flaming_Fist

Total matches played 63
Total matches won 60 (95.23%)
Total matches lost 3 (4.76%)

Total frags done 33815
Total frags lost 10805
Average match result 537 - 172

some opponents they faced: Slackers, tvs, tot, ssc, cmf, koff ...
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2008-04-08, 13:52
51 posts

Nov 2006
Ah , the classic question again!
I expect some of the so called "oldschoolers" to crawl out of their holes and defend the pride of the old days...
What i think?
Well , dag and akke still played like 1-2 years ago and have pretty much gone through the whole development of modern QW.They would probably fit into any div0 team atm after some pracs.Dunno about the other players but i guess they are still back in 2000
But if you take the FF players from back then and let them play a div0 team in current NQR they would get owned.Just look at some of the old demos.The whole gameplay was so much slower and more basic.
Of course FF had the most potential/talent.They didnt own everyone back then because they had luck ...
And if they wouldve continued to play they would be one of the div0 teams today.
The same applies to 1on1 but dont take duelmania as an indicator who the best dueller of the time was
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I had lost exactly two weeks.
2008-04-08, 14:43
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
imo, those guys were inhuman.

spooink wrote:
But if you take the FF players from back then and let them play a div0 team in current NQR they would get owned.Just look at some of the old demos.The whole gameplay was so much slower and more basic.

Yes it was slower. Still, they were ahead of their time. and if they continued to play i have no doubt that they would continue to be ahead.

spooink wrote:
The same applies to 1on1 but dont take duelmania as an indicator who the best dueller of the time was

Yes, it was the indicator i chose, just a reference

Many players who started playing "recently" (pos-FF era) don't know the name Flaming Fist (like others) and i find that same with thresh winning Carmack's ferrari, TGI, 9 vs DR, etc.
those are interesting demos to watch and history of qw, i think EVERYONE should know. like the stuff we learn in kindergarden
Qwdrama's wiki's mainpage has a "Do you remember..." section that covers stuff like this, very nice feature: http://wiki.qwdrama.com/Overview
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
  3 posts on 1 page  1