download
http://ezquake.sf.net/download
security module
ezquake_security_1.8.2.zip

Stay tuned - there will be MacOSX builds

Changelog

-- Improvements in serverbrowser look
-- SB is work on Windows Vista too
-- cl_newlerp - Experimental rockets/grenades/spikes smoothing code. Default value 0.1 means: use 90% of our 'vision' and 10% of server 'vision'. Should be OK for most case, but floating ping (see remarks). Use 0 to turn it off.
-- cl_predict_help - The new default eliminates player models' jittering when independent physics is enabled; a possible downside is larger prediction errors of modem players' movement, hence the option to revert to old behavior.
-- ezQuake understand both -norjscripts and -noscripts
-- scr_teaminfo_order now accepts 'fun chars'
-- swap shownick and tp_msgreport in default bindings
-- con_particles_images 0 disables 'quad rain'
-- fix console flickering on Intel VGA-cards
-- gl_ztrick is default at 0. Seems like we get rid of Z-fighting for textures - only works if gl_ztrick is turned off.
-- gl_part_telesplash 2 - same as gl_part_telesplash 1, but no 'rays', only 'dots'
-- gl_textureless for brush models - floor on dm2 for example
-- block gl_textureless, allow_scripts changes when match in progres
-- commands show and hide now returns alpb. sorted list of hud elemtes
-- Some fixes to hud-editor
-- No more crash with -ruleset smackdown
-- -mevdev cmdline param are back: it juset set in_mouse to 3 and in_evdevice to a given value
-- ctrl+w gives white led
-- some fixes at movie capturing
-- fps-indep physics can be changed 'on fly', but in disconnected mode
-- fix hud_rankingpos behavior
-- tp_name_teammate default value is back to ""

P.S.
report a bug
write feature request

P.P.S. League admins - update your rules

P.P.P.S. The second someone starts flaming in this thread, gets the boot and some time to think elsewhere.
Servers: Troopers
2007-09-24, 03:16
163 posts

Jan 2006
Whats the difference between the later 1.9 branch builds and this stable build?
http://www.aimbot.se/pic/dopefish_anim.gif
2007-09-24, 05:43
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
later 1.9 branches have more features, 1.8.2 is more bugfixes and... well a stable release.
2007-09-24, 07:40
202 posts

Dec 2006
Renzo wrote:

Consider me tuned!
2007-09-24, 07:50
626 posts

Jan 2006
Well done guys!
2007-09-24, 08:32
401 posts

Mar 2006
Niiiiiiice
2007-09-24, 12:05
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Some more quotes from the original thread:

Willgurht wrote:
feature request:

+wp_stats as hud_item
background alpha colors (red/green) on r_tracker stuff.

cl_usenickname_as_skin if teammate havnt set skin

Up2nOgOoD[ROCK wrote:
']cl_name_as_skin exists already

JohnNy_cz wrote:
Willgurht wrote:
+wp_stats as hud_item

possible but too obscure due to protocol limitation, needs cooperation with the mod
Willgurht wrote:
cl_usenickname_as_skin

done for 1.9 (teamforceskins), will not be in 1.8 branch

Willgurht wrote:
JohnNy_cz wrote:
Willgurht wrote:
cl_usenickname_as_skin

done for 1.9 (teamforceskins), will not be in 1.8 branch

nice!

deurk wrote:
JohnNy_cz wrote:
Willgurht wrote:
+wp_stats as hud_item

possible but too obscure due to protocol limitation, needs cooperation with the mod

Anytime
Servers: Troopers
2007-10-16, 01:23
58 posts

Feb 2006
povohat wrote:
Renzo wrote:

Consider me tuned!

is the newest os x version 1.81?

thanks, xhrl
finem respice
2007-10-20, 12:18
126 posts

Jun 2007
Feature request: when your on server 1 and wanna connect to server 2, but its full, give a server full message and stay on server 1 (right now you obviously get disconnected even if server 2 is full).
2007-10-20, 13:07
569 posts

Feb 2006
marshall wrote:
Feature request: when your on server 1 and wanna connect to server 2, but its full, give a server full message and stay on server 1 (right now you obviously get disconnected even if server 2 is full).

Not nes. good. If you connect to port 27500, and there is 7/8 players about to start a cw... it would be very anoying for those if you wouldnt disconnect as soon as you try connect port 27501 (if it full)
2007-10-20, 13:18
126 posts

Jun 2007
Willgurht wrote:
marshall wrote:

Not nes. good. If you connect to port 27500, and there is 7/8 players about to start a cw... it would be very anoying for those if you wouldnt disconnect as soon as you try connect port 27501 (if it full)

Well that depends on the goodwill of the player. But in general i would like to spec one game, while being autoconnected to the other when there is a spec slot free. Right now i put a connect server 1 up, go back to windows and do other stuff till i get connected, while sometimes i would much rather spec a less important match, or do some ffa till i get autoconnected.
2007-10-21, 10:28
312 posts

Feb 2006
yes that would be a nice feature and you can always use /disconnect if you're in the way of people. i have another feature request or perhaps just a rant. when you suddenly make commandlines useless, please make everyone know it. i have heard "you dont need a commandline anymore" but i most certainly havent heard "your commandline doesnt work anymore" or just leave the possibility of using a commandline and the availibility to change shit in-game
2007-10-25, 09:15
693 posts

Jan 2006
Renzo wrote:

When?
2007-10-25, 13:42
344 posts

Nov 2006
Oh - eh well.. I didn't bother making one for 1.8.2. As I don't know what has changed between 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 (I think the changelog is for 1.8.0 -> 1.8.2). The little time I spent here I concentrate on 1.9 to hopefully bring you resolution changing ingame and maybe fix the server browser (it does not work.. or does it? I haven't tried it..).
2007-10-25, 13:44
1011 posts

Feb 2006
Tuna: are you working with the Cocoa Xcodeproj, or the legacy Carbon files still scattered in the repository?
2007-10-25, 13:53
344 posts

Nov 2006
oldman: the only time I have looked at the Xcode project it was broken due to missing files(?). I skipped fixing it and instead I started looking at the Makefile project and fixed that instead. I think it uses the legacy carbon API. Is there newer video code in the Xcode part? Can you fix it? :-)
2007-10-25, 14:26
1011 posts

Feb 2006
missing files would just be because it hasn't been kept up to date with renamed or new .c files, yes i can fix it, i didn't realise until recently that you weren't releasing builds made from the xcode project :-)

mouse video and sound are all better in the Cocoa release
2007-10-25, 14:32
344 posts

Nov 2006
oldman: Can we (you :-p) sync the Cocoa files with the main directory of source files so we can fix the Makefile way to use them too? Or is there too much clutter?
2007-10-25, 14:58
1011 posts

Feb 2006
afaik it isn't possible to build Cocoa apps with .nibs etc. without going through xcode and an xcode project

we (me) would need to keep the .xcodeproj in sync with the .[ch] files in the repository

the binaries could still be built from the Makefile by simply calling http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Reference/Manpages/man1/xcodebuild.1.html on the project file (no need to actually use the XCode.app GUI to build)
2007-10-26, 09:28
344 posts

Nov 2006
Just a though.. if we do it right there should be no more need for a .nib resource? But once the xcode dir is cleaned up I might also aswell try to maintain that one.. if you are more interested in playing cricket or something else :-)
2007-10-27, 10:57
22 posts

Feb 2006
Updated to 1.82 without having seen this changelog and instantly noticed that rocket trails and other projectiles seem to disappear very briefly.
Makes it very difficult to know whats going on when things get busy.

Came over here to look at the changelog and I see the cl_newlerp feature has been introduced, defaulting to 0.1 ...
I tried playing around with the value a little and found when its 0 (off), everything is fine, set it to say 0.2-0.3 or higher and its more or less fine.
Set it to 0.1 again and I start losing rockets for an instant every time they're fired.
Set it to a value lower than 0.1 but still enabled and the problem becomes really bad.

During testing I was on a 38/39/40ms ping, not varying beyond that with virtually no packet-loss.
I can't speak for other people obviously, but from my point of view the default of 0.1 seems too low.
You can still play reasonably effectively, but overall the effect is quite unpleasant.
2007-10-27, 13:39
312 posts

Feb 2006
that is another issue yes, please dont make as default some strange things which the basic user cant really know about without surfing the sites. if you developers think its nice enough to be as default, yell it out loud so everyone/ish will know
2007-10-29, 09:56
1011 posts

Feb 2006
Mac Users & Tuna: i've refreshed my MBP with a clean install of Leopard and latest Xcode. I will checkout latest SVN and get a new build together this week

at some point I would be tempted to migrate away from using libpng / libjpeg on Mac and replace them with CoreImage routines - but that is future work - Tuna: do you have any experience of Core Image?
2007-10-29, 12:47
344 posts

Nov 2006
oldman: sounds great! so far i have mostly looked at the apple documentation to be familiar with some basics. that is also the reason i have only done some basic bugfixing to ezquake only. so no, i don't have any expereience with core image. i'm thinking about getting a new macbook soon.. that may speed up things by chance as my current mac is rather slow and its not that much fun to toy around with it. but while you are at it.. what about a fix to be able to access the data files inside the .app structure? it would be great to have a single app and not that directory with all the files in it.
2007-10-29, 13:05
1011 posts

Feb 2006
well we could easily bundle quake into the .app using the -basepath commandline param - this might be good for nquake style mac release actually...

back on topic though, I've fixed the .xcodeproj to catch up with ezquake repository (it seems a _lot_ of files have been renamed and variables/functions moved around!) and managed to compile a GL release build...but it segfaults on launch - I'll do some debugging later this evening when I'm finished at work - will keep you posted
2007-10-29, 14:05
202 posts

Dec 2006
Great to hear some mac dev talk.
2007-10-30, 13:47
344 posts

Nov 2006
oldman: have you commited all changes including the xcode project? The build fails for me for very obvious things like missing header imports and undefined references while linking (vx_tracker stuff is not enabled in the project etc..). What about the basic preprocessor defines WITH_PNG etc? Heck.. what am I supposed to do to build this pile?! I really like to help bug hunting :-)
2007-11-01, 09:38
1011 posts

Feb 2006
1.9 alpha build for mac is now available in this thread - remaining mac talk should go there
2008-01-31, 12:33
247 posts

Jan 2006
so whats so special about 1.8.2 that should convince me to switch from old good 1754 into this release? I really like this 1754.....
2008-01-31, 12:45
126 posts

Oct 2006
d2.cpe wrote:
so whats so special about 1.8.2 that should convince me to switch from old good 1754 into this release? I really like this 1754.....

install in another dir, and try it ;D
  48 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page