User panel stuff on forum
  23 posts on 1 page  1
Advanced Configuration
2007-05-21, 12:34
226 posts

Mar 2007
I was watching the CMF vs SR match and to my eyes it seemed like SR was using qizmo colours (Para going after mem at MH on e1m2 for instance). As we know Murdoc have tried qizmocolours and to him they seemed like total cheat (or was it irony?). We also know that they aren't cheat, or at least they're not prohibited by NQR or EQL.

EDIT: as we see at murdoc's screenshots he is not using qizmocolours, but what ever

I think there should be a proper discussion about this matter since qizmo colours do have impact on gameplay.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:

http://gorilla.pp.fi/qizmo/qizmopic0.JPG

http://gorilla.pp.fi/qizmo/qizmopic4.JPG

Each player can be colored by his ID via qizmo, if you create suitable skin you get result above.

I've even written a small tutorial how to do this
QIZMO TUTORIAL
2007-05-21, 13:15
1011 posts

Feb 2006
sum1 translate the tutorial into english?
2007-05-21, 14:23
122 posts

Jan 2007
No. The tutorial is for .fi people only. :-)
--
"Dag eats little Reloads for breakfast." (c) :-)
2007-05-21, 14:54
485 posts

Feb 2006
It's been like this for 9 years. Why the whine now?

You can disable it with all color forcing by serverinfo FPD. This would be bad for people who's skin setups (or lack of) make them depend on using color forcing.

Another solution could be new version with ezQuake that would ignore the FPD, and have any possible individual color/skin forcing features blocked by ruleset.

Or we could have a better implementation of what qizmo does in ezQuake and use it. I would prefer this, as it is more fun to play when you can see who is who.
2007-05-21, 15:10
405 posts

Jan 2006
ah, hidden .fi helpers :>
joke.
<3
2007-05-21, 15:33
518 posts

Jan 2006
haha lol, my comment is a famous comment from sassa I JUST TRIED IT AND I THINK ITS A TOTAL CHEAT!

I have never used qizmo colors didn't even know about it untill sometime ago (2weeks?) someone mentioned it at this forum. and as you can see i have forceskin on
2007-05-21, 16:25
226 posts

Mar 2007
Kalma wrote:
It's been like this for 9 years. Why the whine now?

You can disable it with all color forcing by serverinfo FPD. This would be bad for people who's skin setups (or lack of) make them depend on using color forcing.

Another solution could be new version with ezQuake that would ignore the FPD, and have any possible individual color/skin forcing features blocked by ruleset.

Or we could have a better implementation of what qizmo does in ezQuake and use it. I would prefer this, as it is more fun to play when you can see who is who.

We all know that it's been around quite a while, but most of QW players don't know about it and/or don't know how to use it. I think that's the main problem. I think it should be accepted or denied by our massive community and then put into action by NQR/EQL/ezQuake/rulesets/whatever.

I, personally, use this feature and advice everybody to use it. It's great fun and helpful sometimes. (My teammates think it's total crap and won't use it -> I hate them and won't play with them, hello Hippushnikki).

Oldman, I've transformers the guide for your mature pleasure.
QIZMO

I even got Kalma in the pictures!
2007-05-21, 19:57
1754 posts

Jan 2006
murdoc wrote:
I have never used qizmo colors didn't even know about it untill sometime ago (2weeks?) someone mentioned it at this forum. and as you can see i have foreskin on

couldn't resist

but actually, this is one of few things I'd be against even if it's been around for years :/
it sounds like a cheat but hey, whatever!
2007-05-22, 15:06
93 posts

Apr 2006
I dont get it, you dont like players to be able to use team skins?!
2007-05-22, 15:13
355 posts

Jun 2006
serox wrote:

No.

Doing this in qizmo forces a separate color for each player which means if you use an enemyskin that varies depending on a player's top and bottom colors, you would get a different enemy skin for each enemy, and this skin color would be unique. So if you saw fifi grab an early RL and was weak, you could SG rush him and know which player to shoot at.
2007-05-23, 08:51
98 posts

Feb 2006
Cheat!
2007-05-23, 08:54
93 posts

Apr 2006
PlaZmaZ wrote:
serox wrote:

No.

Doing this in qizmo forces a separate color for each player which means if you use an enemyskin that varies depending on a player's top and bottom colors, you would get a different enemy skin for each enemy, and this skin color would be unique. So if you saw fifi grab an early RL and was weak, you could SG rush him and know which player to shoot at.

ahh yeh I see.

I thought there might be some thing like this cos playing vs some div2 teams I just get rushed all the time! It some times feels like I am being ghosted

I did some tests vs clans where I would not fire a RL and even with mm3 they would not know which player was which.

big advantage here!
2007-05-23, 12:52
98 posts

Feb 2006
yeah very big advantage i dont think it should be used at all definatly kills an aspect of the game where your teamies come to back you up cause your low on health but it wont matter because the nmes know what one too shoot. totally gay
2007-05-23, 17:16
485 posts

Feb 2006
And ofcourse, if you want to ban this, you need to ban skins too.

And names on death messages need to be censored... total cheat.
2007-05-23, 18:53
355 posts

Jun 2006
Kalma wrote:

Terrible logic. Of course if a player is using a custom skin, you can set a colored skin for that player in the EzQuake console. So banning the qizmo colors would require that feature to be removed as well (leave just baseskin, teamskin, enemyskin as the only possible skin choices).

Names on death messages don't need to be removed. If you die to someone with RL on e1m2 mega and you spawn nearby and decide to rush only to see three enemies there, you will not know which one has the RL based on the death message alone. That's where the skins come into play. Some players view it as a cheat to be able to distinguis the RL enemy from the others based on skin. I don't.
2007-05-23, 19:21
485 posts

Feb 2006
PlaZmaZ wrote:
Kalma wrote:

Terrible logic. Of course if a player is using a custom skin, you can set a colored skin for that player in the EzQuake console. So banning the qizmo colors would require that feature to be removed as well (leave just baseskin, teamskin, enemyskin as the only possible skin choices).

Yeah thats what I meant. Should have said "individual skins".

PlaZmaZ wrote:
Names on death messages don't need to be removed. If you die to someone with RL on e1m2 mega and you spawn nearby and decide to rush only to see three enemies there, you will not know which one has the RL based on the death message alone. That's where the skins come into play. Some players view it as a cheat to be able to distinguis the RL enemy from the others based on skin. I don't.

But you will know if he dies. Why should you know that? Why should the players be incognito in some situations but not in others? It makes no sense.
2007-05-23, 20:09
637 posts

Jan 2006
I'm quite succesfful at localising people just by analysing deathmessages anyway, no need for skins, you just KNOw where a guy is :/
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2007-05-23, 21:12
569 posts

Feb 2006
ezquake 'killing streak ended' type of messages give away alot 2
2007-05-24, 11:46
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Kalma, do not exaggarate, you cannot compare death messages and skins.
2007-05-24, 12:54
485 posts

Feb 2006
JohnNy_cz wrote:

(Names in death messages and individual skins). Both give identity to players. If you want to start removing things that give out identity, go all the way.
2007-05-24, 12:59
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Again, you compare things which cannot be compared. Yes, they have in common what you just said. But besides that, it's something different in many other aspects.
2007-05-24, 17:41
355 posts

Jun 2006
Kalma wrote:
JohnNy_cz wrote:

(Names in death messages and individual skins). Both give identity to players. If you want to start removing things that give out identity, go all the way.

If you die to a player you know is low, you most likely know which one he is when he kills you. But when you spawn far away and it takes you 2-3 seconds to get back to the location and you see 2 more enemies there, will that death message still have told you which one is low?
2007-05-25, 00:42
245 posts

Jan 2006
Nice feature.

23 posts on 1 page  1