User panel stuff on forum
  69 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page
Client Talk
2007-05-12, 20:55
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
ezQuake now supports built-in team binds. These are meant to be used instead of the ones you are using now. I know not everyone will use them, and that's ok, but for those who are interested in these, I would REALLY like some feedback on them!

The currently supported tp binds are:

tp_msgreport
tp_msgcoming
tp_msglost
tp_msgenemypwr
tp_msgquaddead
tp_msgsafe
tp_msghelp
tp_msggetquad
tp_msggetpent
tp_msgpoint
tp_msgtook
tp_msgneed
tp_msgtrick
tp_msgreplace
tp_msgutake
tp_msgyesok
tp_msgslipped
tp_msgwaiting

and documentation on them is here:
http://ezquake.sourceforge.net/docs/?commands#tp_msgcoming

For completely up-to-date documentation, here's the link to the source code. It's actually VERY easy to understand, thanks to johnny_cz
http://ezquake.cvs.sourceforge.net/ezquake/ezquake/tp_msgs.c?sortby=date&view=log
Just press "view" to read it.

Please let me know what you like, what you don't like, what you'd like to see changed/fixed, and what's missing!
2007-05-14, 00:17
26 posts

Feb 2007
nice
2007-05-14, 01:07
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
Also, I forgot to mention, there was a bug with $colored_powerups in this build. IT IS FIXED
2007-05-14, 17:11
163 posts

Jan 2006
Up2nOgOoD[ROCK wrote:
']Well by now I hope you have all heard and downloaded ezquake beta 2 (go here if you haven't: download

Anyway, in this build there are new (colored!) teamplay commands. These are meant to be used instead of the ones you are using now. I know not everyone will use them, and that's ok, but for those who are interested in these, I would REALLY like some feedback on them!

The currently supported tp binds are:

tp_report
tp_coming
tp_lost
tp_enemypwr
tp_quaddead
tp_safe
tp_help
tp_getquad
tp_getpent
tp_msgpoint
tp_msgtook

and documentation on them is here:
http://ezquake.sourceforge.net/docs/?commands#tp_coming

Please let me know what you like, what you don't like, what you'd like to see changed/fixed, and what's missing!

edit: I know tp_need is missing already

tp_need
tp_replace
tp_awaiting
tp_trick (?)

also the possibility to make the message customized? tp_safe_msg "$\$nick $G$G %l SAFE %b"
http://www.aimbot.se/pic/dopefish_anim.gif
2007-05-14, 18:02
27 posts

Jan 2007
I believe the tp_report should have armor before health, I think that's a general consensus. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. When you have a powerup, the tp_report and tp_safe (maybe some others too) output a green "team" istead of the powerup you have. It would be nice to see an easy on/off switch for the colours, in order not to exclude all the fuhquake users out there.
2007-05-14, 18:33
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
tGM wrote:
When you have a powerup, the tp_report and tp_safe (maybe some others too) output a green "team" istead of the powerup you have.

Huh? :S
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2007-05-14, 18:43
485 posts

Feb 2006
Maybe these should all start with "tp_msg_" to avoid confusion with "tp_" variables.
2007-05-14, 18:57
27 posts

Jan 2007
Ake,

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6831/ezquake000jf3.jpg

It should say "quad" but instead it says "team".
2007-05-14, 19:11
163 posts

Jan 2006
Up2nOgOoD[ROCK wrote:
']Also, I forgot to mention, there was a bug with $colored_powerups in this build. IT IS FIXED

that might be what he meant, tGM.
2007-05-14, 19:24
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Actually it's 1.8 Beta 2, the thread name is wrong.
Also I'd like to ask everyone to report issues not related to inbuilt messages in here
2007-05-14, 21:31
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
JohnNy_cz wrote:
Actually it's 1.8 Beta 2, the thread name is wrong.
Also I'd like to ask everyone to report issues not related to inbuilt messages in here

topic name changed!
2007-05-17, 06:48
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
tp_trick and tp_replace added, need/waiting will come
2007-05-17, 07:39
163 posts

Jan 2006
Up2nOgOoD[ROCK wrote:
']tp_trick and tp_replace added, need/waiting will come

nice. also did you consider Kalmas suggestion of changing all aliases into tp_msg_* ? i think that would be a nice move, then you wouldnt need to mix tp_msgpoint and tp_msgneed with tp_safe and tp_whatever. would look more clean.
2007-05-17, 14:19
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
yeah, all aliases now start with tp_msg*

edit: link updated to list of tp commands. there are 13 total right now.
2007-05-21, 17:52
135 posts

Jan 2006
Besides the things I already talked about @ #ezquake:

1. can't point cells at all, also took doesnt work for cells
2. 'safe' should be "safe qpr [location]" instead of how its now, far too long
3. 'took item' message lasts in msgtook for too long imho, should be 5 secs (besides the powerups), it leads to weird situations when i accidentaly push 'took' button and it says 'took rl [ra]'

Tested with build 1909.
2007-05-21, 21:54
135 posts

Jan 2006
bug: when i got only GL and use tp_msgreport it doesnt show i have GL at all, build 1909
2007-05-23, 10:12
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
ezQuake 1.9 alpha is out and its WAY more stable than the current ezQuake that is an official release, plz release this one now!
2007-05-23, 10:32
34 posts

May 2007
Thats true 1.9 rock with qtv :-)
2007-05-23, 15:26
135 posts

Jan 2006
bug: tp_msgsafe sometimes simply doesnt work (doesnt show at all even if pushed several times), dunno why, build 1912
2007-05-23, 15:31
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
it never shows if there are enemies in your view....

the reasoning for this is that it's probably not safe if you see enemies... should I remove this?

also, exams are keeping me busy, but I hope to finish these tonight. tp_msgneed is going to be done...

feedback is appreciated..
2007-05-23, 15:43
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
i think you should remove it, make the player make the decision if a location is considered safe or not
2007-05-23, 17:13
23 posts

Aug 2006
i agree....let the player make the decision
2007-05-24, 00:07
135 posts

Jan 2006
of course players should make the decision, its very often safe even if you can see enemy so no point in blocking this

request: ffs plz, make a variable which would allow to turn on/off the colon, now its mandatory and i hate it, i even modified sources to get rid of it, but since in official build that wont be possible i think some variable should be provided, cl_fakenamecolon 0/1 ? :E

bug: http://img136.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=65241_ezquake081_122_474lo.jpg - this happens when i set name to "{something}", i guess the special character { should be filtered out or sth, it messes a bit
2007-05-24, 04:08
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
Edit: tp_msgsafe now doesn't display ONLY WHEN YOU ARE DEAD. Under all other occasions, the message DOES display.

The colon thing is out of my league, I just do configs. You should post your bug report or feature request (however you want to look at it) on the ezquake 1.8beta2 page or tell johnny. And hint: do it quickly!
2007-05-24, 04:57
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
plast:

pointing at cells works fine for me, check this over please
2. 'safe' should be "safe qpr [location]" instead of how its now, far too long - dont understand. i'm already using "qpr" for this
took 5 seconds - will discuss with johnny

tp_msgreport now displays gl

(code will be committed later... in case you want to update from cvs =P)
2007-05-24, 14:12
26 posts

Feb 2007
Up2nOgOoD[ROCK wrote:
']plast:

pointing at cells works fine for me, check this over please
2. 'safe' should be "safe qpr [location]" instead of how its now, far too long - dont understand. i'm already using "qpr" for this
took 5 seconds - will discuss with johnny

tp_msgreport now displays gl

(code will be committed later... in case you want to update from cvs =P)

May I ask you to send this version into my email address (or DCC < Find me on QuakeNet @ #ezQuake channel)?
Thanks.
2007-05-24, 16:22
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
ok, first topic updated with link to an updated build. Bugs are fixed, tp_msgneed is here. I NEED THIS TO BE TESTED!

Places where Need is used:
tp_msgneed
tp_msgenemypwr (when you have a powerup)
tp_took (when you take a powerup)

(btw all msgs are in options -> controls menu)

please test these conditions a lot (having different items, etc) and also 4on4 play!
2007-05-24, 17:35
26 posts

Feb 2007
thx Rock!
im testing, and reporting too
2007-05-24, 17:52
135 posts

Jan 2006
Up2nOgOoD[ROCK wrote:
']The colon thing is out of my league, I just do configs. You should post your bug report or feature request (however you want to look at it) on the ezquake 1.8beta2 page or tell johnny. And hint: do it quickly!

I did ;P.
2007-05-26, 16:41
135 posts

Jan 2006
build 1916:

* tp_msgsafe works even when i'm dead (not a serious problem really)
* tp_msgsafe doesnt show location, its just "safe weapon:ammo"
* tp_msgsafe looks like "safe team quad ring pent weapon:ammo", this should definitelly be "qpr safe [location] weapon:ammo"
* tp_msghelp still looks like "help [location] team quad ring pent weapon:ammo", this should definitelly be "qpr help [location] weapon:ammo"
* tp_msgpoint still doesnt point cells, tested at dm3 and dm4, cells seems to be ignored, or maybe i need to set some variable first?
* tp_msgtook doesnt show taking cells
* tp_msglost doesnt work after i spawn back from the dead
* tp_msgtook is like "took item at [location]", why not make it "qpr took item at [location]" when i got powerup ?
* tp_msgpoint is like "item at [location]", why not make it "qpr item at [location]" when i got powerup?
* tp_msgcoming is like "coming qpr [location]", why not make it "qpr coming [location]" ? hope you see the pattern
* tp_msgtrick is like "trick [location]", why not make it "qpr trick [location]" ?
* tp_msgreplace is like "replace [location]", why not make it "qpr replace [location]" ?
* when pointing ssg it's got white color instead of purple like any other weapon
* nice thing would be if tp_msgquaddead used 0-1 secs after quad is over would say 'quad [30]' instead of 'quad dead'
* many people use 'quad on xx', 'pent on xx', 'rl on xx' timers, that could be implemented with ezq teamsays, for example by simple adding tp_msggetquadon which would be identical as is tp_msggetquad but would say 'quad on xx' instead of simple 'get quad', xx has to be set manually of coz using keypad for example
* tp_msgtook says 'took rox', tp_msgpoint says 'rockets at', why its different for the same item? should be rox everywhere imho, short and nice
* adding tp_msgtake would be nice, it could work like that: "qpr awaiting [location]" when i'm at armor/weapon location and dont have that armor/weapon, "qpr soon [location]" when i got the armor/weapon, "qpr you take [location]" when pointing teammate, "qpr delaying [location]" when pointing powerup, very useful
  69 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page