User panel stuff on forum
  19 posts on 1 page  1
Site Feedback
2006-01-14, 06:57
810 posts

Jan 1970
can we just please use the besmella-quake forum? there is absolutely no sense in splitting the community..... besmella-quake's forum is more than capable of handling anything we need and the good folks there are always welcoming suggestions...
2006-01-14, 07:06
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
This will be the upcoming qw.nu-forum and to use the userdatabase etc will be helpfull!
The database will be to used for leagues etc...
like it once were for nqr!!
2006-01-14, 11:42
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Some competition is always good.
2006-01-14, 12:23
76 posts

Jan 2006
Besmella forum is tiny and unpopular compared to what qw.nu forum was. People want that back, or a forum with same style. Maybe this one will be up to the challenge, besmella wasn't...
2006-01-24, 03:14
810 posts

Jan 1970
Uh, tiny and unpopular? It might be smaller, I dunno and frankly don't care, but it's certainly not tiny, nor unpopular. I think that might just be your (evidently still) residual anti-BesMella spite coming into play there, Iron.

Johnny has the right attitude, competition is always good. But I look at it a different way: Distribution of community is good. Look at when qw.nu went down, quite a few of Europe's tournaments declared they wouldn't go ahead until qw.nu came back. That's just ridiculous, and a good example of why distribution of community is good: There's always somewhere else to reach to community through.
2006-01-24, 03:22
810 posts

Jan 1970
Oh and I think some people use the words 'QW' and 'community' a bit generously - a lot of people (unwittingly or not) mean 'European QW' or 'European community', as opposed to the community as a whole.
2006-01-24, 13:01
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
Quote:
...But I look at it a different way: Distribution of community is good. Look at when qw.nu went down, quite a few of Europe's tournaments declared they wouldn't go ahead until qw.nu came back. That's just ridiculous, and a good example of why distribution of community is good: There's always somewhere else to reach to community through.

ur totaly wrong!
I guess ur from australia or south america, because around here every1 knows that the tourneys was on the same pc as qw.nu, so if QW.nu goes down, then so does the other sites, comprende?
Its hard when we dont hang on the same irc servers etc etc, the contact gets so bad.. the americans have adopted abit and moved (most of them) to Qnet...
Im trying as hard as I can to get hold of the QW.nu domain names so I can redirect www.quakeworld.nu to this forum.. more to come..
2006-01-24, 16:41
76 posts

Jan 2006
Quote:
Uh, tiny and unpopular?

No. I said tiny and unpopular compared to the qw.nu forum. Since you wisely decided to post as guest, i don't know who you are (i have a guess of course, but that's nothing more than a guess), but from your post one would certainly think you weren't around those days when qw.nu forum was up and running. But I was, and i can tell you, it had a far bigger user base and more traffic than besmella has. Just take a good look at this forum. It's up for ten days, and already has 80% of besmella's user count, and 20% of its post count, while besmella is up for half a year now.
2006-01-24, 17:11
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
The community has always been "split" like this and i don't think it's such a big problem. We can still visit Besmella whenever we want and the Besmella guys can come here whenever they want of course. The thing is that crosscontinent gaming will never be a reality, so the community will always have a continent barrier between the players.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2006-01-24, 17:38
1754 posts

Jan 2006
hey, why did someone post on some thread here that quakeworld doesn't need 2 forums? I say it needs more. I mean, besmella covers australian quakeworld scene and this the european one. that was just a bunch of crap
KEPP IT UP YOU GUYS, LOVE THIS FORUM <<<3333
2006-01-24, 18:52
626 posts

Jan 2006
Quote:
hey, why did someone post on some thread here that quakeworld doesn't need 2 forums? I say it needs more. I mean, besmella covers australian quakeworld scene and this the european one. that was just a bunch of crap
KEPP IT UP YOU GUYS, LOVE THIS FORUM <<<3333

?

No, quake don't need more then one forum, where all gather and write about things, no idéa flipping between 2+ forums when you can find it on one page, ps. besmella does not cover just australian qw scene.
2006-01-24, 19:11
248 posts

Jan 2006
besmella lags for me :/
2006-01-26, 10:42
810 posts

Jan 1970
Sassa I know why tourneys halted along with qw.nu, it was my entire point. One site's downtime affecting the community like that is an example of why distribution of the scene is good.
2006-01-26, 13:25
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
Quote:
Sassa I know why tourneys halted along with qw.nu, it was my entire point. One site's downtime affecting the community like that is an example of why distribution of the scene is good.

its all about the admins.. if we got backup, then its all good!
2006-02-08, 15:56
232 posts

Feb 2006
Competition is good as well as, Sassa.

Iron: I don't think BesMella & forum are very unpopular and tiny at all. Our forum got a crapload of it's users/posts in it's early life too. I think BesMella has a similar, but different overall audience, culture and appeal compared to QuakeWorld.nu back when it was around. There's been plenty of times I've seen nobody in this forum's Who is online, but it's not often I do with BesMella, suggesting at the very least a more international audience.
vb.drok-radnik.com
2006-02-08, 21:22
248 posts

Jan 2006
or that besmella users surf the web same time as you?
2006-02-09, 03:44
232 posts

Feb 2006
I'm up at all weird times, I might get up 6am one day, but be going to sleep at 6am another.

BTW check out this statistic about the BesMella forum's readership:

Europe 46.75%
Oceania 26.50%
North America 19.12%

Rest being the other parts of the world/unknown.
vb.drok-radnik.com
2006-03-07, 19:02
805 posts

Mar 2006
I'm from the so called "other parts of the world"!

And I don't really see the problem with the diversity!
https://tinyurl.com/qwbrasil - QuakeFiles
2006-03-07, 19:26
1011 posts

Feb 2006
besmella forum did sometimes suffer from bugs
'view unread posts' never worked for me
  19 posts on 1 page  1