User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2006-06-13, 12:19
182 posts

Mar 2006
A couple of months ago, Vegetous had mentioned that when he compiles maps with Quark, he ends up with a situation where the "maps don't match" when he tries to run them on a server.

Recently, when playing around with DarkPlaces capability to play QW, I ran across maps don't match situation a couple of times after the actual map completed downloading.

The DarkPlaces issue could be a bug, it hasn't had QW support very long, but the Vegetous problem prompted this question:

Are there any known things to avoid in a map or things that might cause this specific to get this problem?

Vegetous wrote:
I'm having some problems with Quark! All my maps gives this message when I try to connect to a server running it: "map model file does not match"

If I run the map directly into the client, there's no problem and it works fine!

This happens with any map I compile! Even with the basic map created by Quark (a square with a spawnpoint).

I already tried all kinds of Qbsp, VIS and Light utilities. A friend of mine, who is also trying to make some maps, has the same problems. Plus, he tried other tools too (worldcraft, qoole) and he always get the same erros.

If anyone knows.
--------
Is that a roll of toothpicks in your pocket or are you just happy to see Sassa?
2006-06-13, 12:29
1100 posts

Jan 2006
maybe vegetous chose a wrong transfer mode for uploading? has he released one of the map sources for the public to test the behaviour?
2006-06-13, 12:59
1011 posts

Feb 2006
could theoretically be mvdsv bug with map checksum
2006-06-16, 02:38
805 posts

Mar 2006
Spirit wrote:
maybe vegetous chose a wrong transfer mode for uploading? has he released one of the map sources for the public to test the behaviour?

No, I and my friend were working with local servers and we tried it lots of times. The funny thing about it was that after I started to edit a real map with many structures, teleports, etc, the problem disappeared.

So, looks like this weird problem just happens with simple maps!
https://tinyurl.com/qwbrasil - QuakeFiles
2006-06-16, 11:16
1100 posts

Jan 2006
Heh, it's not a problem but a feature then
2006-06-16, 15:15
182 posts

Mar 2006
Spirit wrote:
Heh, it's not a problem but a feature then

Ha ha ... good one, Spirit!
--------
Is that a roll of toothpicks in your pocket or are you just happy to see Sassa?
  6 posts on 1 page  1