User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Help  ‹  Mouse sensitivity
  5 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2020-12-29, 14:19
230 posts

Jan 2006
Hi

I usually only play Quakeworld on my comp but during the holidays I have been playing Roblox with my son.
The problem is that now the mouse sensitivity is messed up (too low) in Ezquake and I'm wondering if anyone here have any guidence on how to fix this and how to avoid other games messing up Ezquake in the future.

I have in_raw "1". What else does interfere with mouse sensitivity?
I tried increasing the mouse speed in Windows (10) but that did not help which I guess is because of the in_raw 1 value, right?

/Moon
2020-12-29, 18:22
214 posts

Feb 2011
Moon[Drunk wrote:
"]Hi

I usually only play Quakeworld on my comp but during the holidays I have been playing Roblox with my son.
The problem is that now the mouse sensitivity is messed up (too low) in Ezquake and I'm wondering if anyone here have any guidence on how to fix this and how to avoid other games messing up Ezquake in the future.

I tried increasing the mouse speed in Windows (10) but that did not help which I guess is because of the in_raw 1 value, right?

/Moon

Does the mouse have a DPI setting, either as a switch/button on the mouse itself or in the mouse drivers/software? If you halve the DPI, then your in-game sensitivity will also feel like half.
2020-12-29, 18:24
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Moon[Drunk wrote:
"]Hi

/Moon

Hmm, I think we'd need some more information to really be able to help out, but my immediate question is what mouse you have and if you use software for it.

About mouse speed in Windows: in win10 make sure that you always use 6/11 notches on your Windows sensitivity and make sure that mouse acceleration is off. Once you've done all this you should change your sensitivity to whichever feels best to you through one of two means: 1) DPI (some prefer 400, some 800, etc) and 2) in game sensitivity (/sensitivity in console).
2020-12-29, 23:40
230 posts

Jan 2006
I have a Logitech G3 mouse with a dpi switch, no Logitech software.
I use the "high" dpi setting when playing Quake.

The Pointer speed in Mouse properties in Windows was 9/11 and the "Enhance pointer precision" was ticked.
Changed it to 6/11 and unticked "Enhance pointer precision" and now it seems I have my old sensitivity back in Quake, thanks Andeh
2020-12-30, 00:07
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Moon[Drunk wrote:
"]I have a Logitech G3 mouse with a dpi switch, no Logitech software.
I use the "high" dpi setting when playing Quake.

The Pointer speed in Mouse properties in Windows was 9/11 and the "Enhance pointer precision" was ticked.
Changed it to 6/11 and unticked "Enhance pointer precision" and now it seems I have my old sensitivity back in Quake, thanks Andeh

Hehe yeah, Windows calls its mouse acceleration "enhance pointer precision" for some reason. Glad that you figured it out!
  5 posts on 1 page  1