User panel stuff on forum
  40 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Client Talk
2006-05-17, 20:37
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Peppe: forget about changes to the gameplay; that's far beyond my definition of 'modernisation' (see above).
empezar: I guess shownick can be excluded.
edit: However I won't do that hack. It's way too dirty and breaks the reason why teamplay macros with their restrictions are here (to make mm2 messages formating easier).
2006-05-17, 21:47
151 posts

Jan 2006
Peppe - no problem with your request, just ask league admins to allow it.
If you want some gameplay-affecting feature - talk with league admins first, then developers
kill me now and burn my soul
2006-05-17, 22:12
1435 posts

Jan 2006
disconnect: Can't agree with that. Why should league admins decide on such things? They never had the power nor the privilege. First you need majority of players to agree on something. And also from position of developer I don't want to follow bad old schema: "we add something crazy new and people will have to like it" (movement scripts, fallbunny, ...)
Now you can ask "So why is ezQuake admin talking to admins of leagues and doesn't do the decisions by himself based on the feedback of majority players?" That's because some league admins became way too touchy about word "cheating" last years and he would like first to hear their (formal) agreement.
2006-05-18, 06:51
104 posts

Mar 2006
disconnect wrote:
Empezar wrote:
lol? you can already do that (and everyone is?)

alias +grena1 "+gren1;play count.wav"
alias -grena1 "-gren1"

or am i missing something?

NO!NO!NO! This type of grenade counting sucks like 'keyboard only'. Why it sucks?
1st: If i pres key 10 times in 1 second (a very nervous match...) i got 10 playing counter and 1 grenade primed - great. I have binded greande prime and throw to mousewheel - so i always press prime and throw button for 3-4 times.
2nd: problem - impulse can be lost and U got fake sound
3rd: problem - latency. Sound stars when you press teh button, not when grenade will be primed.
4th:
Kalma wrote:
With the trigger method you get the sound only when you succesfully throw a grenade (not when you are out of grens etc..). It is more accurate too.

msg_triggers firstly was impilemnted by Tonik in ZQuake, by request of some russian TFer. His main request was ability to track grenade prime message for accurate grenade timing.

There are no need to hardcore this trigger into teh client - TF players can use msg_triggers (and re_triggers too - they do same as msg_triggers, but can catch any kind of strings - even centerprints, and they understand PCRE - Perl Compitable REGEXP Expressions).

B1aze wrote:
You can do it only for your granates.
TF players use this count.wav for all granates.

You mean for enemy greandes too? No it's only used for my grenades. Read above why triggered sound is better "primeone;play my_cool_sound".

I've been using +gren;play gren.wav / -gren;stopsound, so I wont get 2 gren.wavs playing simultaneously.
I use gre.wav just to remind me that I've gren primed. It also comes handy when I've had a break from TF and I'm totally lost with grens. This is when I always notice the latency thing, the gren.wav is not accurately on-beat. When I play a while I don't notice anything, since the gren.wav is playing just for the habit.

Anyways, I'm totally pro msg_triggers and I've plenty of usage for them.
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/06/bypa/ptw/asamoah_l.jpg
2006-05-18, 07:33
1754 posts

Jan 2006
It wont change the gameplay that much, just the speed in 4on4-matches
2006-05-18, 08:40
68 posts

Mar 2006
First off, I dont think that we should have fullbrighted backpacks, I was even amazed when it was legal to change armor textures.

Anyway, there's alot of things that we could allow and even should allow.
This whole thing with Shownick, I dont get it, as shownick is a server command u get kicked if u flood it, are you speaking of making such function in the client instead? because I would agree that to be a proper solution, it's a quite good function that should be used in every possible way.
_________________________________________________________________________________
There's so much stupid ppl in this world, I tried to figure out why there's so much of them and came to realize that t
2006-05-18, 10:00
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
no i was just talking about allowing shownick to be used alongside $teamplay_vars

e.g.

alias snick "if $ledpoint == $tp_name_status_green then shownick"
2006-05-18, 10:33
47 posts

Jan 2006
error wrote:
Is everybody cheating with a new gl.wave?

Error, this is not the standard grenade, but TF-grenades, which are a huge part of TF-gameplay, it's been used for years.
2006-05-18, 10:46
116 posts

Mar 2006
angua wrote:
error wrote:
Is everybody cheating with a new gl.wave?

Error, this is not the standard grenade, but TF-grenades, which are a huge part of TF-gameplay, it's been used for years.

I see.

Regarding fullbright packs. I think you should allow it, just as fullbright skins are allowed. You shouldnt be in a disadvantage just because you want to play with nice graphics and lightening.
2006-05-18, 13:49
383 posts

Jan 2006
FB packs will simplify QW.
No need to wait when mate comes for point pack for him.
With best wishes, B1aze.
  40 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page