User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2019-03-12, 13:32
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
I want to see if there is interest enuff to do a 4on4 tournament / round robin. Someone told me the tragic reality of all mixes nowdays being on dm2

So to please the mob why not give them more.

If enuff interest i can run (with some help) it tournament style with div. 1 and div. 2 (gold/silver play offs) or just a round robin.

If round robin i think its best to share the goods and have max two div. 1 player in each team. I think that is the way to get more teams and i would encourage the div. 1 players to seek out some team mates with lower skill. Hell, its for fun so why not. If not i think its best with div. 1 / div. 2.

With 3 maps its real simple with the map rules:

1. If both choose same map, you also play that if decider is needed.
2. If 2 different maps you choose the last map not played if decider is needed.
3. Or agree on anything else.

In other words you could just be playing dm2 if that is what you crave.

The two other maps are typical "choke" maps with 2 x RL and armors with a lot of delicious spawn fragging and it can be ugly (like dm2). E3M7tdm even got 2 quads and a penta. The TDM versions has removed some single player stuff and the EXIT teleporters has been connected so the maps are not closed up. E3M7 was so chocked up a new hallway has been added in the TDM version or it could be totally FUBAR (...like in the past).

Both maps are easy to learn, its a really simple maze.

Im doing this for the fun and the old-RL-style maps that was cool to play and i hope enuff think the same so i can spawnfrag some of you

Demos of both E3M3tdm amd E3M7tdm 4v4 can be found here:

https://badplace.eu/demos/

search like this:

map:e3m3tdm

Feedback needed.
Link, we are not even oldtimers anymore, we are dinosaurs. - Hooraytio
2019-03-12, 15:16
5 posts

Nov 2018
I think that a 4on4 tournament would probably be a good idea.
If there is minimum of 8 teams why not !
3 maps would probably be perfect.. going for BO3.
Also as nowadays it's hard to get 2 players (for a duel) together in 1 week .. imagine 8! Would recommend that a day an time pre-set by the admins to make each game happen?
Seams still an idea in development and a good one.
Maybe count me in or/and ROT with 9 players probably.
HammerTime !
2019-03-12, 16:16
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
So 2 teams for ROT?
2019-03-12, 16:32
5 posts

Nov 2018
hmm .. for sure NOT.
We are 9 but 9 lazy players
To get 4 in a server from those 9 makes me sweat as a 40º sunny day
HammerTime !
2019-03-13, 22:33
Administrator
384 posts

Dec 2006
zzzzz Link and his dm2 fetish :/
2019-03-14, 22:04
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
Seems like dm2 is the only fetish left in mixes HT. I will make a dm3 only for you if you participate
2019-03-14, 22:14
News Writer
275 posts

May 2006
Here are 3 options i carved out:

1. Normal signups, you get div. 1 (and they wont play kenya anyway so why bother?). Tournament style with group games and playoffs.

2. Mixed skill at signups: Max 2 div. 1 players in a team. Round robin.

3. Mix teams. Ppl sign up and only div. 1 players play div. 1 mix. Div. 2 playes div. 2 mix, etc. You set a schedule for each "div". First 8 on server plays. Then you either do rpick or 2 players choose team. If last option, you do this: The player that picks first picks 1 player. The player that picks second picks 2 players. Then 1 by 1. The table is not divided in teams, but in individual players, like a fragfest table. You got the points and frags that your team gets for every game. Ping should not be the biggest issue as it takes a team effort to win. If there is Ping whine, then you can also pick teams based on Ping.

I guess option 3 has never been done so it might be cool. At least "first 8 on server to play" should work for activity.

Any thoughts HT?
  7 posts on 1 page  1