User panel stuff on forum
  4 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2019-03-08, 12:47
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
Have tried to summarise the current state of affairs here: https://github.com/ezQuake/ezquake-source/wiki/Rulesets

I'd like to combine 'qcon' & 'smackdown' into something called 'strict' or 'competitive'.

qcon is a bit more restrictive based on potential cheats reported in advance of QuakeCon 2016 (although during work on 3.5, I'm not sure that these were reported accurately, and better solutions might well be available) To combine the two we'd need:

- Allow 'new' player model in qcon (is this controversial? I think the chap who was organising the pre-qcon practise events was angry about this being allowed but don't remember anyone else complaining)
- Ban hud picture changes in smackdown/thunderdome (will do this anyway)
- Allow outlining in qcon (maybe limit to smaller values? does anyone have an example where this is an exploit?)
- Allow gl_polygonoffset in qcon (this is now only used for world models so perhaps this is non-exploitable now? should just help with button faces etc)

Any issues with merging the two like this? If anyone has examples to watch out for please send them to me on discord.
2019-03-08, 13:02
News Writer
280 posts

May 2006
meag wrote:
- Ban hud picture changes in smackdown/thunderdome (will do this anyway)

What is it?
2019-03-08, 13:18
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
Changing hud background images during a match, to post timers/messages onto your screen.
2019-03-09, 15:34
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
VVD has reported he gets the 'gl_outline causes wallhack' bug, demo here:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/166866762787192833/553950180328603668/gl_outline.qwd

I'm not able to make this happen - have had other reports that it only happens on certain drivers/graphics-cards. If anyone else can play with settings etc to see the

If it's going to cause problems like that then we probably just need to disable this feature entirely and do some kind of screen-space outlining in 3.5
  4 posts on 1 page  1