User panel stuff on forum
  3 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2018-06-13, 06:12
17 posts

Jan 2018
Hello! Just getting familiar with how to use nQuake/ezQuake client. There are a lot of great features here.

I have question and possible feature request (if this is the appropriate place for it) regarding map downloading in the client. It seems that bsp downloads are automatic, which is excellent. Though I noted on one map which I know to have colored lighting, the client doesn't download any associated .lit file for it. The option in the client menus indicate that colored lighting is supported, so I think it's just that the .lit file doesn't get transferred.

Is that something the server admin has to put in place, or is it not supported at this time?

If not, I'd like to offer to that as a feature suggestion.
2018-06-13, 10:16
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
The server admin can upload the .lit file and the client can download it via /download <mapname>.lit, but most server admins won't bother. There's nothing in a standard bsp that indicates "i have coloured lighting" so the client would have to send extra download requests for every file.

If you want your map to always have coloured lighting available, you can embed it in the map using BSPX extensions. For example in ericw's tools, -bspxlit "writes rgb data into the bsp itself." rather than generating a separate .lit file.
2018-06-18, 03:30
17 posts

Jan 2018
Excellent- thank you!
  3 posts on 1 page  1