User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
LAN tournaments
2017-12-03, 17:00
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Hi fellow QuakeWorlders!

It's time to start planning for next edition of QHLAN. We're aiming at holding it during spring 2018, in Stockholm.

We've created A POLL to see what dates would be best. Please take a minute to go through it if you're interested in attending.

Feel free to put your questions in this thread.

Link to poll here

---

Q: How many attendants is being used in the price negotiations with IOS? 100? (Ake Vader)
Minimum number of attendees is set to 24. The Esport Arena hold 60 seats. If we would be more than 60 we can use seats outside of the arena, just around a corner. Out there you sit in the open. Computers are inferior (still enough for qw), and 144hz monitors. It would probably be cheaper to sit here.

Q: Any estimate how much more entry would cost for over the weekend? (Pi)
Approximate entrance fee depending on weekdays (prices in SEK, weekend days = fri/sat/sun)

High season (from now to beginning of june)
3 weekdays: ~400
2 weekdays + 1 weekend: ~550
1 weekday + 2 weekend days: ~800
3 weekend days: ~900

Low season (june-july)
3 weekdays: ~300
2 weekdays + 1 weekend: ~400
1 weekday + 2 weekend days: ~500
3 weekend days: ~600

Quote:
Lornelin wrote:

Hello, dear Quakeworld players!

As some of you may know I arranged the QHLAN series up until 2010 when I became burnt out from working too many 100 hour weeks and too much pressure (mostly non-LAN-related). After that Peppe and some others took over for one more QHLAN and then it died out for several years. I was talked into resurrecting it again for 2017 (wasn't very hard since I missed hosting them) and was going to have another in 2018. Apparently, I don't learn enough from my mistakes though, as I have (over the past few years) been engaging in more and more projects. I've had an uneasy feeling for a while and had to work harder and harder to focus on even the simplest tasks, and last week I finally realized I have to pull the emergency brake before I crash completely again.
Last Friday I resigned from all the boards and projects I've been a member of, and sadly this includes organizing QHLAN 2018.
This means that either someone or some group will have to step up and take over organizing it, or QHLAN 2018 will have to be canceled.
The plan was to host it at the Inferno Online gaming center in Stockholm, and they are still open to doing it without me, but there are still details to be worked out.
One of the reasons we were going for this plan is that it should be way less work than hosting it at a LAN like Hazard or Birdie which were our other options, but it would still involve some amount of work and responsibility.
If you feel up to taking over or want to be part of a group that does it, please talk to Bps.

Lorn out.

(Edited 2017-12-19, 06:01)
Join us on discord.quake.world
2017-12-04, 10:36
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
late june is good as i am already planning a trip to europe around that time anyway... i won't make the trip especially for the lan though
2017-12-05, 22:41
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Need a venue that allows beer!
2017-12-19, 10:17
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Guys, I'm relaying a message from Lornelin here:
Quote:
Hello, dear Quakeworld players!

As some of you may know I arranged the QHLAN series up until 2010 when I became burnt out from working too many 100 hour weeks and too much pressure (mostly non-LAN-related). After that Peppe and some others took over for one more QHLAN and then it died out for several years. I was talked into resurrecting it again for 2017 (wasn't very hard since I missed hosting them) and was going to have another in 2018. Apparently, I don't learn enough from my mistakes though, as I have (over the past few years) been engaging in more and more projects. I've had an uneasy feeling for a while and had to work harder and harder to focus on even the simplest tasks, and last week I finally realized I have to pull the emergency brake before I crash completely again.
Last Friday I resigned from all the boards and projects I've been a member of, and sadly this includes organizing QHLAN 2018.
This means that either someone or some group will have to step up and take over organizing it, or QHLAN 2018 will have to be canceled.
The plan was to host it at the Inferno Online gaming center in Stockholm, and they are still open to doing it without me, but there are still details to be worked out.
One of the reasons we were going for this plan is that it should be way less work than hosting it at a LAN like Hazard or Birdie which were our other options, but it would still involve some amount of work and responsibility.
If you feel up to taking over or want to be part of a group that does it, please talk to Bps.

Lorn out.
Join us on discord.quake.world
2017-12-29, 12:56
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
No brave souls rising up to the challenge? :I
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2019-01-28, 12:20
60 posts

Sep 2016
2019???