User panel stuff on forum
  8 posts on 1 page  1
Other Tournaments
2017-10-22, 18:18
172 posts

Sep 2013
2017 DM Race Contest (KTX, CSPREE?)

The worlds best racers have taken slide records down to unbelievable times. They've started dabbling in DM races. I want to give them motivation, and yet again invite anyone with an interest in racing to join in.

This contest has two aspects. First and foremost, it is about finding the best overall racers and the best individual race times. Alternatively, I (bogojoker) personally want to see new world records, so there will be bonus prizes if new world records are made!

Prizes

First Place: $100
Second Place: $50
Third Place: $25

Bonuses:

New World Record: $??? (To Be Determined)

Prize payment will be distributed via Paypal.

Contest Duration

The contest runs from now until Christmas. December 25, 2017.

That gives racers plenty of times to give each of the the 10 different races a fighting effort. It is also gives everyone a reasonable chance at breaking world record times.

Scoreboard

Scoreboard
World Records

Prizes go to the participants that score the best on the scoreboard (previous winners may be excluded).

Scores are dynamic based on the world record time. A player's score for a particular race is compared to the world record for that race. This means, if a world record changes your score will change.

Player Score = (World Record time / Player Time) * 100

Add the player's per-race score up for all 10 races and you get the player's total combined score.

The spreadsheet handles this all automatically, so if you just give me your times I'll plug it in.

Races

1. dm6 - Race #1 (GA -> RA)
2. dm6 - Race #2 (MH -> RA -> GL -> RA) no weapons
3. dm2 - Race #1 (High RL -> Path -> RA/MH) no weapons
4. dm2 - Race #2 (NG -> Big -> Low RL -> NG -> Tele)
5. dm3 - Race #1 (Pent MH -> RA)
6. dm3 - Race #2 (RL -> Hill -> RA) no weapons
7. dm3 - Race #3 (RL -> YA -> Quad -> SNG MH -> RA)
8. dm4 - Race #1 (YA -> Quad spawn) no weapons
9. dm4 - Race #2 (YA -> SSG -> Mega) no weapons
10. dm4 - Race #3 (YA -> SSG -> LG -> Quad -> YA-tele) no weapons

Rules

- Don't cheat (to be determined by admin, ask if you questions).
- Use public ktx servers so your times can be verified and the ktx version if needed. I am lenient if you want to use a local server. Just record demos.
- Submit your times to admin at any time. Post here, or email. Include the server (for verification), your quakeworld alias, and times broken down per race.
- New World Records MUST have a qwd demo for bonus prize. Record the demo during the countdown, and stop the demo at the end. One round only in the demo, if its longer then 20s you've done something wrong.
- cl_iDrive is allowed.The spreadsheets show world record times with and without iDrive, so please let me know if you have it enabled or not. This only really matters for world records anyways.

Admin

bogojoker

Racing Tips

Here are some racing tips:

To get a KTX server in race mode:
- /race - to switch to race mode (/race again to turn off the mode)
- /ready - to enter the race lineup
- /break - to leave the race lineup
- /kill - to quickly restart the race if you messed up (great to bind to a key)
- /race_route_switch - to change the race route on the current map (must leave lineup first)
- /race_show_top_tiimes - to view the top times for the current race on the current server

To record a demo:
- /record demoname - to start the recording
- /stop - to end the recording
- it is easy to bind this to a key and start the recording during the countdown
- be careful you don't record over a record!

The world record demos are all posted at the above links if you want to see the existing world record routes for inspiration.
2017-10-22, 20:19
172 posts

Sep 2013
As of starting the contest, the players I suspect I'll be watching have already completed all the races (or 9 out of 10 of them). Here are their scores:

Daan - 926.06
orc - 880.70
Confy - 873.32
nightmare - 776.54

So already some very close scores!
2017-10-24, 11:12
280 posts

Jan 2015
Make it KTX Race only. CSPREE has different physics.
dev
2017-10-29, 19:31
172 posts

Sep 2013
Good news, a world record was broken! Bad news, it was bogojoker again...

DM3#2 dropped from 11.041 -> 11.013 -> 10.988

Sadly no other player has yet to beat a 11.5 time on this race yet... My guess is that people haven't discovered optimal routes. Check out the WR demo for a move at the start where I short-circuit a bunny hop. I suspect this saves about 0.3s by eliminating a half jump early on.

After many, many hours, the 11s barrier has finally been broken! This joins the short list of races where "a second barrier" has finally been broken. Will it ever happen again? My eye would be on DM3#3, DM4#2, or DM2#2, but each of those are so far away right now that it will require a new route discovery instead of optimal technique with the existing route.
2017-11-05, 21:13
172 posts

Sep 2013
What a week!

There was great progress across the board from multiple players: Daan, Confy, rok. Many setting multiple personal bests in a day. I feel racers are finally getting in the groove and some in particular are setting their sites on new world record times!

There was much excitement at the start of the week with Daan shattering the DM6#2 world record by a fairly large margin with 10.755. The first to 10.7! He included an ingenious trick at the dm6 gl ramp to improve the route. Inspired, BogoJoker took the record back with a slightly different dm6 gl ramp trick and dropping the time to 10.635. While the record run is solid, I do see room for improvement. 10.5 is possible! It'll be a race to see who gets it first (pun intended).

Another world record dropped considerably. BogoJoker improved DM3#1 to 5.033. This was a large improvements over the previous 5.2s in one of the more technically difficult races. You can be sure that Bogo will be fighting hard to break that 5-second barrier. A fun clip can be seen here of the record when it was set.

Scoreboard:

Daan - 952.11
Confy - 907.00
orc - 875.29
rok - 842.23
nightmare - 774.23

NOTE: Since scores are based off of world record times, you'll notice some player's scores drop if new world record are set. This is expected.
2017-11-06, 07:51
172 posts

Sep 2013
BogoJoker wrote:
BogoJoker improved DM3#1 to 5.033. This was a large improvements over the previous 5.2s in one of the more technically difficult races. You can be sure that Bogo will be fighting hard to break that 5-second barrier.

And so it was. BogoJoker set 4.951 on DM3#1.
2017-11-13, 04:30
172 posts

Sep 2013
Another weekly report! This week saw 1 WR improvement.

bogojoker brought DM4#3 down to 7.104 (from 7.198). That is an appreciable drop for the 2nd oldest record. A 7.0x is in reach and would truly be a gem. Nothing new with the route, just tighter execution of the existing route.
2017-12-29, 17:32
172 posts

Sep 2013
Wasn't much activity near the end. So the standings as I have them are:

Daan: 949.33
Confy: 908.03
orc: 872.85
rok: 843.21
nightmare: 773.02

Please try contact me (@BogoJoker on Discord), I'll of course be on the lookout for you!
  8 posts on 1 page  1