User panel stuff on forum
  8 posts on 1 page  1
Advanced Configuration
2017-03-09, 11:39
253 posts

Nov 2007
Hello again!

After QHlan I just could not resist the feeling to start to play again
But after a few match I just have noticed that weapon switch is not works as it is intended.

Have to note here, that I don’t use preselect, but fire with different buttons for different weapons. Like Mouse1 weapon 7 8 5 …., Mouse5 weapon 8 5 …, etc.

The symptom was the following:
sometimes during fights while I spamming with RL (pressing continuously mouse1) and enemy suddenly attacks, I switch to mouse5, and actually nothing happens. I have to release mouse5 and press it down again to really starts to shaft. :/
Could not find out the issue behind it (whether it is script or HW related), so I downloaded from this page Ake Vader’s cfg to check that do I still have this issue with it, or not.
Based on about 10 matches:
at first it seemed to be ok. Beside that fact that as I remembered the weapon switch itself is instant, but now it takes ~0.5 sec? I don’t know, maybe my memories trick me :/
But later I started to play with the mouse buttons. When I shoot with RL (pressing down continuously mouse1) and pressing down mouse5 before I release mous1, everything is ok(, it starts to shoot with lg.
When I’m doing it in the opposite order (mouse5 pressed down, pressing down mouse1 before releasing mouse5), nothing happens. I have to press down mouse1 again. Maybe it was all the time like this, and just I’m so fucking rusty that sometimes cannot find the right rhythm to switch between weapons, but at the moment it is quite annoying.

Was it all the time like this?
The mouse is a Zowie EC1 Evo, Ezquake is 3.0.1
cheat 2 win!
2017-03-09, 22:11
280 posts

Jan 2015
Look for carapace's version of someone's non-blocking weaponscript. That's all I can remember
dev
2017-03-10, 09:04
253 posts

Nov 2007
Ok, I will search for it. Thanks for the hint.

in the meantime, I have found another weird thing: if I'm picking up the lg, and lg gonna be the first weapon with which I would like to fire right after picking it up, then the first shot is a sg shot, and only after this shot will the weapon automatically switch to lg.
Really weird.

Here is my config, if any of you have the time and interes to try it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2a6kxyc56lq400/config.cfg?dl=0
cheat 2 win!
2017-03-10, 10:08
32 posts

Sep 2016
I think there something wrong with the +/- weapon aliases
On many of the aliases there no space after ; like "-attack;weapon 2", should be -attack; weapon 2" i Think it wont recognize the commands if there no space, like ;weapon its read as one word.

(Edited 2017-03-12, 11:12)
2017-03-10, 14:05
32 posts

Sep 2016
Tested without space between, works still so must be something else.
2017-03-12, 11:14
32 posts

Sep 2016
Maybe try remove the set wp $weaponnum; stuff from the aliases
2017-03-12, 12:24
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Have you switched off cl_weaponpreselect and perhaps cl_weaponhide?

If you tried my config i assume they're off as i always experienced weird behavior with them and only used basic weapon/+attack combo aliases.

Edit: noticed you had uploaded your config and they're off there so must be something else.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2017-04-11, 19:58
253 posts

Nov 2007
Stil have this issue, and really annoying.
Can it be mouse issue as well?
cheat 2 win!
  8 posts on 1 page  1