User panel stuff on forum
  12 posts on 1 page  1
LAN tournaments
2016-12-03, 19:01
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
******************************************************************************************

Current prizepool can be seen over at http://qhlan.org

******************************************************************************************

The greatest Quake LAN has arguably always been QHLAN. It's a LAN where we only play QuakeWorld, day in and day out. We get to hang out with other quakers who love the game just as much as we do and I think I speak for everyone that all QHLANs have been memorable in one way or another. QHLAN has brought us great games, great interviews, great wrestling and arm wrestling matches, great pictures and amazing stories. It's an event that no quaker wants to miss.

Even though no quaker wants to miss a QHLAN for the social parts of it, some players travel to Stockholm to compete. Every QHLAN has arranged top notch tournaments where people do battle to determine who the best quakers of that era are. The prizes for winning either of the tournaments organized at QHLAN has varied throughout the years - from fame and prestige to small cash prizes. For this QHLAN, we have a different idea...

We want to stimulate the dream we all have - to have the chance to win good money playing the game we all love. For this reason, the prizepool at QHLAN will be huge - and you can make it even larger.

Community funding has been a thing for many years now, but think of this as a way to not fund the organizers or the staff, see it as a way to reward the players that spend so much time in the game practicing, keeping the game alive and thriving.

An important point that you may wonder about is distribution of the prizepool. The exact percentages will be announced at a later date, but I can already tell you that you will not have to finish 1st or 2nd to get paid. Competing in the tournaments at QHLAN should be a fun and challenging experience, but also with a chance to win money!

So if you feel like contributing to the prizepool at QHLAN, there are a couple ways to go about it. Any amount is greatly appreciated, be it a single dollar or a big contribution! The money is handled by Svenska E-sportforeningen (Swedish E-sport Association) and they are responsible for distributing the money after the tournament.

Let's strengthen the prizepool to get creme de la creme to QHLAN!

Paypal:
paypal.me/svenskesport
Everything goes straight to the prizepool of QHLAN 2017!

Swish (Sweden only):
Phone number: +46739517451
Receiving name: Andreas Wahl
Important: Mark your transfer "QHLAN"

Bank transfer - domestic:
Bank: Handelsbanken
Clearingnr: 6507
Kontonummer: 606 325 468
Bankgiro: 823 - 3033

Bank transfer - International:
Bank: SVENSKA HANDELSBANKEN
BIC: HANDSESS
IBAN: SE03 6000 0000 0006 0632 5468

qhlan.org | Official forum thread | Prizepool | Renting | Need a ride
2016-12-04, 11:29
171 posts

Jan 2006
Great stuff. Thanks.

Just made a donation to you Andeh, via Swish, FYI
.over.and.out.ten.four.roger.that.affirmative.
2016-12-04, 16:20
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
flintheart wrote:
Great stuff. Thanks.

Just made a donation to you Andeh, via Swish, FYI

Received and added!
2016-12-04, 17:11
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
How about adding 20 or 50 SEK to the entrance fee that'll go into the prize pool? For most of us that is peanuts compared to travel costs etc, it's not gonna be much of a dealbreaker budget wise. (I'll donate some too.)
2016-12-05, 10:53
25 posts

Jun 2006
How about a donation at entrance ?
Entrance fee - checked
Prize pool - checked
Gonna be good time - checked
2016-12-06, 10:28
2 posts

Dec 2016
Swish'd!
2016-12-07, 08:38
6 posts

Oct 2012
Elguapo wrote:
Swish'd!

You alive, mister guapo! I we can get some QW CTF games going at QHLAN, even if it would be just 2on2's, I'll join. Hell, I might join anyway.
2016-12-07, 17:20
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Elguapo wrote:
Swish'd!

Received and added to the prizepool!
2016-12-07, 19:04
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
Paypal'd!
2016-12-08, 04:50
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Quick update guys:

the homepage http://qhlan.org should now update dynamically, as in show the current balance of the prizepool updating once every hour. It's always nice to see your contribution show up quickly ^.^
2016-12-08, 12:59
2 posts

Dec 2016
Bal0n wrote:
Elguapo wrote:
Swish'd!

You alive, mister guapo! I we can get some QW CTF games going at QHLAN, even if it would be just 2on2's, I'll join. Hell, I might join anyway.

Haha yeah, alive and kicking! I'm definitely up for some 2on2 CTF if we can gather enough peeps that know how to grapplehook Hopefully cya there then!
2017-03-01, 03:20
5 posts

Nov 2015
Just chucked in a little bit to the pot - good luck to all
  12 posts on 1 page  1