User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2016-08-22, 03:11
375 posts

Sep 2009
OK, I'm annoying, I'm stubborn as a Rock, I'm over-excited, etc... etc... etc...

But, I had this idea some time ago, and now I see that it is the MOST NEEDED thing QW needs right now...
Here it go:

So... We are having a BOOM in QW here right now... (after QuakeCon), and Lots of old players are coming back...
What I miss the most: the History of the played matches, of the Day, or of the Week...
but, a History like a mix between QTV and stats.quakeworld.nu.

Like today, I came back from a trip, and missed the whole Weekend action, and today (Sunday) games, and lots of old-good-friends played...
I would NEVER try to search for the matches results (like, HOW?)

/lastscores in every server, then Download every demo, then /demo_jump 9:59 to see how it went....
or
stats.quakeworld.nu, which is abandoned, very poor, etc... etc....

I would LOVE to see a Website, like: last-matches.quakeworld.nu just like QTV but with all matches of the day, and with filters: 1on1, 2on2, 4on4, etc..., and which Servers/by-Country, etc...
and: last 24hours, last 72h, last Week... etc....etc....

RIGHT? this would be AWESOME!
(QW Nickname: AL.Kernell)
2016-08-22, 04:09
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
I talked to pleuraXeraphim (the stats page man) last night as he joined discord (every quaker should), and he said the following:
I am trying to fix stats
traffic being blocked at the moment
Will let you know once up and running

On the matter of development, alot of things are being developed right now. One gets front row seats watching the dev masterminds' work in #dev-corner on the qw discord server.
I'd like to summarize the topics that are under development right now, but I'll leave that to someone more authorized.
(Maybe meag?)

Great times for QW!
Join us on discord.quake.world
2016-08-22, 05:46
375 posts

Sep 2009
I though also, maybe Clicking at the screenshots you could download the MVD directly from the site... would be awesome!

it would update everyone on the games, what time they are being played, who was playing, who is the ducks-of-the-day, bots-of-the-day

History/Logs/Stats is the best way to keep track of the community action!
2016-08-22, 15:00
News Writer
254 posts

Mar 2006
Hey
IP was blacklisted among other issues, That's been lifted now and stats are working again.
I will be on Discord going forward if you need me, as I can access that in work wohoo
I ain't got no time for this jibber jabber fool
2016-08-22, 19:08
News Writer
183 posts

May 2013
pleuraXeraphim wrote:
Hey
IP was blacklisted among other issues, That's been lifted now and stats are working again.
I will be on Discord going forward if you need me, as I can access that in work wohoo

Woohoo!! I see you got the FFA stats running again! Nice one dude :-)
2016-08-23, 04:07
News Writer
183 posts

May 2013
wernerml wrote:

Like today, I came back from a trip, and missed the whole Weekend action, and today (Sunday) games, and lots of old-good-friends played...
I would NEVER try to search for the matches results (like, HOW?)

/lastscores in every server, then Download every demo, then /demo_jump 9:59 to see how it went....
or
stats.quakeworld.nu, which is abandoned, very poor, etc... etc....

A cool wee plug in if you haven't seen it already. QTV Now is a plug in for Google Chrome that sits on your browser tool bar. Has several cool features. Lets you see what games are live now, any Twitch streams that have been taged as Quake that are live and a demo browser with search bar (ie, type in the name of the player/team and it will list any relevant demos that are on any QTV server. Also it gives the option like normal QTV to download or stream the demo)

Available from the Chrome web store for free here.
2016-08-24, 04:10
375 posts

Sep 2009
RaggA wrote:
...... QTV Now is a plug in for Google Chrome that sits on your browser tool bar .............
Available from the Chrome web store for free here.

NICE! Installing right now!
  7 posts on 1 page  1