User panel stuff on forum
  127 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page
LAN tournaments
2016-02-24, 15:26
8 posts

Oct 2014
To celebrate 20 years of Quake, we’re pleased to announce this year’s official tournaments to be held August 4-7, 2016 in Dallas, TX in the Wedgwood Ballroom at the Hilton Anatole Hotel.

Players from around the globe will once again come together to compete for their share of $25,000 cash in the QUAKEWORLD 2on2 Team Deathmatch Open and the Quake Live masters will be invited back to battle for the 2016 title in the QUAKE LIVE Duel Masters Championship.

Official QuakeCon 2016 Tournament details and registration information can be found below:

QUAKEWORLD 2on2 TDM OPEN:

The QUAKEWORLD 2on2 TDM Open will feature a competition for up to thirty-two (32) two-player teams battling it out in a double elimination bracket and best-of-three games format. Teams who come out on top will share prizes of $25,000, including $12,000 for the team of champions.

To register for the QUAKEWORLD 2on2 TDM Open, interested competitors can visit the QuakeCon tournament area on-site in the Wedgwood Foyer from 10:00am to 6:00pm CDT on Thursday August 4th for participation availability.

Rules

QUAKE LIVE DUEL MASTERS CHAMPIONSHIP:

Our last QUAKE LIVE Duel Masters Championship was in 2014, and since then we’ve upped the ante a little bit. The QUAKE LIVE Duel Masters Championship will once again feature known professionals and top QUAKE LIVE competitors in an exclusive tournament. Up to thirty-two (32) of the world’s best QUAKE LIVE players, hand selected by veteran tournament staff from the open online registration, will face-off in the 1 vs. 1 duel for $25,000 in a double elimination bracket, with each match played in a best-of-five-games format. In the end two competitors will remain and thousands will gather to watch as these two best-of-the-best survivors go head-to-head in a single elimination, best-of-five-games throw-down with a $12,000 check written to the champion.

Competitors can register for the Intel QUAKE LIVE Duel Masters online now through April 26th at: quakecon.challonge.com.

Rules

For all the official details on QuakeCon tournaments and trials, including rules, requirements, prize money distribution, pool of arenas and additional information, visit www.quakecon.org.

(Edited 2016-02-24, 15:58)
2016-02-24, 15:27
8 posts

Oct 2014
Aka, $25,000 for a QuakeWorld 2on2 TDM @ QuakeCon 2016.
2016-02-24, 16:00
29 posts

Aug 2009
WOW !

Dream Team : Rikoll & Milton

Regards all!
The Bad Place Addicted.
2016-02-24, 16:06
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
Amazing news!

LINK

EDIT:
Transcript of the rules:
1.3 Participants
Up to thirty-two (32) professional or semi-professional teams. Eligibility will be determined by a committee of qualified individuals consisting of tournament staff and select community individuals.

Hopefully that commitee takes into account *there will* players interested in flying there from all over the world, and hopefully they will be eligible to play

EDIT 2: i've read the rules, looks ok. no QWSV but imo the clients and their versions need to be checked, that will minimize "cheats" (if anyone does it in QW LAN anymore) . For reference: Duelmania Rules and EQL (4on4 TDM) Rules

(Edited 2016-02-24, 16:27)
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2016-02-24, 16:20
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
That's amazing.

Wonder if they need a caster!
2016-02-24, 16:21
16 posts

Feb 2016
mushi wrote:

Hopefully that commitee takes into account *there will* players interested in flying there from all over the world, and hopefully they will be eligible to play

We absolutely will be taking that into account!
2016-02-24, 16:21
164 posts

Apr 2007
mushi wrote:
Amazing news!

LINK

Yea, would be really sad To travel around The world only to see 32 noname gamers in The qw TDM tourney..

EDIT:
Transcript of the rules:
1.3 Participants
Up to thirty-two (32) professional or semi-professional teams. Eligibility will be determined by a committee of qualified individuals consisting of tournament staff and select community individuals.

2016-02-24, 16:28
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
Lilie wrote:
mushi wrote:

We absolutely will be taking that into account!

LIKE!

get your tickets guys!
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2016-02-24, 17:37
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
No please do not do any "stupid" version checks locking down clients to specific releases, that will not bring additional "security".

If anything then require open source clients (its GPL hey) and audit source fetch + compilation + client start on location, but really this shouldn't be necessary on a LAN when X ppl are actually watching your screen

Awesome news! Will start to look into if its possible to go.
2016-02-24, 17:43
News Writer
69 posts

Sep 2006
szybkiLOPEZ wrote:
WOW !

Dream Team : Rikoll & Milton

Regards all!

We're going . Anyone else ?
2016-02-24, 17:53
164 posts

Apr 2007
Me and feffe going!!
2016-02-24, 18:44
News Writer
105 posts

Sep 2014
I wanna see BogoJoker + BLooD_DoG there too!
2016-02-24, 19:49
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
I dunno what to say
Join us on discord.quake.world
2016-02-24, 20:37
94 posts

Oct 2011
This is awesome. Hope they do a good job streaming this, and also don't fuck up the rules
2016-02-24, 20:54
News Writer
69 posts

Sep 2006
Does anyone know who is responsible for the rules of the tournament?

Quote from the rules:
Quote:
3.1.2.4 Except for control drivers and device settings, no alteration, deletion, or addition of files is permitted.

Does this include custom skins and textures as well? Fullbright skins and custom textures (24bit textures for maps and luma textures for rockets/grenades) have been pretty standard stuff for at least a decade in qw. It would be kind of a shame to learn to play without for one tournament.
2016-02-24, 21:19
212 posts

Apr 2006
Fantastic news. Can't wait to see some high quality QW on the "big screens" again.

I agree on the rules part. The QW event hosts at QuakeCon should talk to some of the experts here and update the rules and reduce the strict limitations.
2016-02-24, 22:43
16 posts

Feb 2016
Hey guys! I am the Quakecon Tournament Director. I would happy to discuss with you what all you would like to have on the machines so that they are ready for you to just add your config and play.

We like to have all software including clients, textures, and etc pre-installed onto our machines. This way we can be sure that any compatibility issues that could arise with firmware or anything else are taken care of before we are in the middle of the tournament.

If you would be so kind as to send your wishes for what we have pre-installed to lilie@quakecon.org. Our team will go over each suggestion and see that we can get everything set-up in the most fair and optimal way possible.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. We really want to show the community a great Quake tournament!
2016-02-25, 00:22
18 posts

Feb 2015
Do duel too please!
2016-02-25, 00:48
280 posts

Jan 2015
OMG

BEST NEWS IN YEARS

I will be there and bring GT + mur as the Brazilian team.

PLEASE LETS ORGANIZE A 1ON1 TOURNAMENT ALSO.

Let's make sure Bulat can go with all the Russians.
dev
2016-02-25, 03:44
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Lilie wrote:
Hey guys! I am the Quakecon Tournament Director. I would happy to discuss with you what all you would like to have on the machines so that they are ready for you to just add your config and play.

We like to have all software including clients, textures, and etc pre-installed onto our machines. This way we can be sure that any compatibility issues that could arise with firmware or anything else are taken care of before we are in the middle of the tournament.

If you would be so kind as to send your wishes for what we have pre-installed to lilie@quakecon.org. Our team will go over each suggestion and see that we can get everything set-up in the most fair and optimal way possible.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. We really want to show the community a great Quake tournament!

Hey there! How great that you found your way to the main QuakeWorld homepage :-)!

I think Dimman is the most qualified person to provide you with everything that needs to be installed. QuakeWorld is super customizable and players use the customization to its full extent, which means that people use different textures, different skins, different crosshairs, basically different everything. However, I'm sure someone could put together a list and/or the files (most can be found at gfx.quakeworld.nu anyways) that are most commonly used. Dimman, more importanly, can provide you with client details. He's a developer of EzQuake which is the commonly used client nowadays, and should know which client(s) should be installed.

Hope you like your stay here! :-)
2016-02-25, 07:14
6 posts

Sep 2012
cosmos wrote:
Do duel too please!
2016-02-25, 07:34
1 post

Feb 2016
vermouthfisk wrote:
cosmos wrote:
Do duel too please!

Agreed. I can understand why you won't have 4on4's, but 1on1 would be far more exciting to watch than 2on2 IMO.
2016-02-25, 07:43
164 posts

Apr 2007
vermouthfisk wrote:
cosmos wrote:
Do duel too please!

Yea, 2on2 in The qw community is Kinda neh but better then nothing
2016-02-25, 07:44
164 posts

Apr 2007
vermouthfisk wrote:
cosmos wrote:
Do duel too please!

2016-02-25, 07:48
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
vermouthfisk wrote:
cosmos wrote:
Do duel too please!

Best username in years
Join us on discord.quake.world
2016-02-25, 07:52
News Writer
69 posts

Sep 2006
Thanks for the information Lilie! I'll drop you a mail later.

LocKtar wrote:
vermouthfisk wrote:
cosmos wrote:
Do duel too please!

IMO 2on2 is just the right way to do it. QuakeLive 1on1 is better than qw 1on1 anyway. QuakeWorld shines in team-based game modes, and it probably would have been too difficult to make 4on4 happen.
2016-02-25, 08:05
6 posts

Sep 2012
bps wrote:
vermouthfisk wrote:
cosmos wrote:
Do duel too please!

Best username in years

Hehe, is this pure coincidence or do you know who I am?

(/blaps)
2016-02-25, 08:19
2 posts

Oct 2008
LocKtar wrote:
vermouthfisk wrote:
cosmos wrote:
Do duel too please!

Yeah 1on1 would be much cooler to watch. 1 more vote for that. But as locktar said. 2on2 is better than nothing! =)
2016-02-25, 09:56
164 posts

Apr 2007
Milton wrote:
Thanks for the information Lilie! I'll drop you a mail later.

LocKtar wrote:
vermouthfisk wrote:
cosmos wrote:
Do duel too please!

IMO 2on2 is just the right way to do it. QuakeLive 1on1 is better than qw 1on1 anyway. QuakeWorld shines in team-based game modes, and it probably would have been too difficult to make 4on4 happen.

quakelive better than qw 1on1?! disagree!

I have not seen a intresting 2on2 tournament in quakeworld since 96 i think. If 2on2 would have been intresting to spectate there would be alot more 2on2 tournaments going on. Im only imagining a 1on1 tournament with players like, you, rikoll, gt, me and bd, bogo in the same tournament at LAN... cant think of anything more exiting than that. I dont think we need to argue who will take this 2on2 tournament home. There is a reason why there are no intrest in 2on2 tournament even online.

This will probobly be the only chans to get all the good players in the world in one LAN tournament, and its gonna be settled in a 2on2 tournament... :/ After the 2on2 tournament every "team" will disband and there is no good feeling of it. 1on1 you see who the true champ is, same in 4on4.

Dont get me wrong, im really happy this is happening. Im hyped, and the event/tournament will be a blast! But i dont think 2on2 is the way to go.

(Edited 2016-02-25, 09:59)
2016-02-25, 09:58
164 posts

Apr 2007
  127 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page