User panel stuff on forum
  13 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2016-01-13, 09:09
7 posts

Jan 2016
hello

since my lovely wmo 1.1a died yesterday, i'm searching for new mouse. Seems G400 series is a good option but I'm wondering should I be concerned about getting g400s instead of regular g400 2nd rev since g400s supposedly uses extra smoothing in sensor ?

please your thoughts about this ;O)
2016-01-13, 09:44
280 posts

Jan 2015
G303 is the best.
dev
2016-01-13, 10:14
152 posts

Feb 2012
indeed it is
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.” (c) Johan Cruyff
2016-01-13, 10:30
7 posts

Jan 2016
hmm now u got me thinking ..
btw have you used wmo , how does shape of g303 feel compared to wmo , is it alot different ? Isn't 502 closer to g400 ? hmm
2016-01-14, 18:07
7 posts

Jan 2016
just got 303, mouse is a beast
i guess for people shape is hit or miss, but for me since i claw all my mices its actually 100% bingo ! adapted to it first second

i tryed many many mices before, honestly in quake nothing ever compared to WMO 1.1A before, this one .. sensor feels raw and even much more precise than WMO.

its really great mouse, thank you for recommendations guys, its future daily drive and a definitive keeper !
2016-01-14, 19:51
152 posts

Feb 2012
Hehehe, glad you like it! Shape is indeed not for everyone and I honestly hate the thick and heavy cable, but once you get around that - there aren't many mice that come even close. And those godlike spring-tensioned buttons...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.” (c) Johan Cruyff
2016-01-14, 23:09
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
If you like the shape of the g400 series, and you like light weight mice, try the FinalMouse.

I've been using the FinalMouse for quite a while now, and while some people have had issues, I've had none. It's a great mouse, extremely good sensor and very very simple. No extra MMO-buttons, no extra weight, a simple mouse that gets the job done. It weighs in on 74g, I think, which is extremely light for such a good sensor, the 3310.

The g303 is also a great mouse but with a very different shape.

Something else that you need to consider is what you're looking for, and which grip you're using. Are you looking for a big/small mouse? Heavy/light? Do you use a palm grip, fingertip grip, claw grip or a hybrid grip?

Either way, if you're a clawgripper, I'd argue the g303 is the way to go, unless you have a thing for light mice in which case FinalMouse is the shizzle, as it can also be clawgripped. If you're using a palm grip, FinalMouse is the way to go.

If you don't care about the weight of a mouse, check out g502. It has a great sensor and is made by Logitech, who are known to have amazing quality control. It is rather heavy though, and nothing I would personally buy.

Anyways, mice is a sensitive subject as, if a mouse has a good sensor, it's all about preference and there's no 'right' or 'wrong'. But g303, FinalMouse and g502 all have great sensors. Take your pick :-)
2016-01-14, 23:11
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
And I just realized you already got the g303 and that my post can be disregarded

Hope you enjoy the g303! Been thinking about getting one for myself as well. Don't hesitate to write a little review in this thread after using it for a few weeks or so :-)

Yours,
2016-01-15, 00:58
152 posts

Feb 2012
Andeh wrote:

made by Logitech, who are known to have amazing quality control. It is rather heavy though, and nothing I would personally buy.

tbh both g502 and g303 is where Logitech has finally slipped quite a bit regarding quality control. g502 has numerous reports of issues with mouse feet just peeling off after weeks of use. You can buy replacements of course, e.t.c, but the issue does seem rather widespread.

g303 has a well-known issue with wobbling lens, mine had it, too. Had to take it apart which hurt mousefeet a little, and basically glue the lens into place. After doing that, though, I'm very happy with the mouse.

Regarding g303 which I've been using for half a year by now:

Pros:
- 3366 is the best sensor on the market.
- Works out of the box without drivers.
- Buttons are spring-tensioned, enter the mechanical switch feeling.
- Shape! It seems to be designed for claw or even fingertip, but my weird hand feels comfortable palming it with a little claw aspect.

Cons:
- Shape! It's sort of win or lose. You'll either hate it or love it. It's... unusual.
- Cable. Something I hate with passion. It's braided and flexible, but also thick and heavy and drags a lot. Considering the mouse is relatively light it really is a problem. Needs a cable holder of some sort.
- Although it's light-ish I think a little less weight wouldn't hurt.
- Considerable amount of models have issues with wobbling lens, which in worst cases require you to take it apart and stick the lens to the shell with something.

Cons may seem off-putting, but really, if you like the shape - it's worth it.
2016-01-15, 03:47
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Oh, sad to hear that!

Even if they slipped a bit on these new ones, Logitech is still one of the safest bets out there. Sad to hear they're slipping though.

Some FinalMouse stuff, if anyone is interested:

FinalMouse pros:
+ Super light weight, 74g. I can't stress this enough. I never want to use a heavy mouse again.
+ No drivers. None to download, nothing. This is a good thing.
+ 400/800/1600/3200 CPI. You'd never need anything else (please stop using non-native CPI through weird drivers).
+ Shape. It's like a mix between mx518 and deathadder. Great if you ask me!
+ "Japanese omron switches". The buttons feel great.
+ 3310 sensor, pretty much second best on the market behind 3366. It is lighter though, which a lot of people prefer.
+ Can be used in all 3 grips. Not too big for claw/fingertip and perfect shape for palm grips.
+ All around a simple mouse that gets the job done.

FinalMouse cons:
- Build quality is hit or miss. FinalMouse has improved though, but if you're unlucky you could get a faulty unit. They are very quick in sending you a new unit, though, so shouldn't be much of a problem, albeit quite annoying.
- Shape. Some people don't like ergonomical mice.
- 500hz. This is supposed to be a tournament mouse, which means playing on someone else's computer shouldn't cause issues (if it's a weak PC, it might not handle 1000hz). I read that they might release a firmware though where you can use 1000hz instead. 500hz isn't really an issue though. Remember that everyone that used mx518 had to overclock to get 500hz.
- Kind of expensive for being such a "simple" mouse.
- The logo on the back of the mouse is BRIGHT. You'll cover it with your hand most of the time, but it could get annoying when watching a movie or something.

+- Not sure if to put this on a con or pro, but the side buttons are unique. Some people love them, some people hate them. They "stick out" a bit to be more easily clicked, but are kind of sharp. You are not bothered by them when just holding the mouse though.

Could probably think of more pros and possibly more cons but meh. Check out www.finalmouse.com if you'd like.
-
2016-01-27, 10:58
7 posts

Jan 2016
well, mine has wobbling lens since 1st day but except it makes quiet sounds doesnt affect performance or precision at all, so no problems

3366 feels really good, but im gona ditch mine 303 today, after playing few days I find somehow that front end is too light and all weight is conentrated in back, so it balance isnt really best for me beause it forces me automatically to hold it further back where it actually isnt supposed to be hold, so ultimately it doesnt work for me.

since sensor is really cool, gonna get g502 today and see if space shape is somehow good as g400 was ;O)
2016-01-27, 11:20
7 posts

Jan 2016
speaking of mices .. Zowie ZA11/12 models look great for QW, yet they dont have distributor in my country. Did anyone tryed those ?
2016-01-29, 04:25
4 posts

Jan 2016
I use a Black Web Grim. It's a decent mouse, feels nice, has very fast default Mlook speed though. It has arrow buttons on the side, and an Mwheel, but no numerical buttons. There is a third button under the Mwheel to change the light up color lol, it's kind of cool. It has a solid vinyl protected chord rather than plastic tubing. I like it, it's not amazing, but not awful. This mouse is great for Shooters like COD, CSGO, and quake because of the side buttons and good weight and balance. The side buttons can be set to knife and grenade throws for COD.
This door is opened elsewhere
  13 posts on 1 page  1