User panel stuff on forum
  10 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2015-10-23, 18:40
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Hey guys, as developers might know by know I run the SuddendeathTV stream and I try to cover as many games as possible. I'd like to ask for a feature to ease streaming and viewer experience.

--

Request;
A proper scoreboard! Not the scoreboard you see when you use TAB, but one that you see through the entire game. Right now, all I could come up with was seeing only the scores, and hud_score_bar_show 1 which shows teamname. However, the score jumps back and forth depending on who you're spectating and it gets very confusing, sometimes even for old quakers. hud_score_bar is also not very good when it comes to duels, since it only says "T" and "E" or something like that.

What I ask for is something like this;
http://i.imgur.com/7KS2oBI.jpg

In other words, something that shows
1) player name if duel
2) teamname if TDM
3) scores that don't move around depending on who I spectate.

I have no idea how hard this is to do from a developer's view, but it's a much needed feature.

Yours,
2015-10-23, 19:55
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
I think you can already accomplish this with the hud_frags command, play around with it. I managed to get both individual player names and score even in a 4on4 game.

hud_frags_show 1
hud_frags_shownames 1

and to get the alignment you probably would like
hud_frags_rows 2
hud_frags_pos_x 400 (just to make it appear on screen, fine tune yourself)

Edit: Sample screenshot

Edit2: and the exact same thing you can do but with hud_teamfrags. And then you switch on/off with hud_frags_notintp and hud_teamfrags_onlytp to make them show/not show depending on game mode.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2015-10-23, 20:35
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
2015-10-23, 21:09
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Hmm, the first screenshot seems interesting... The second one however is not what I'm looking for.

The first one though could be used... But perhaps there's a way to make it easier to configure. I'm also guessing that one doesn't work for 4on4 (to show the teams and the score instead of every single player)
2015-10-23, 21:25
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Andeh wrote:
Hmm, the first screenshot seems interesting... The second one however is not what I'm looking for.

The first one though could be used... But perhaps there's a way to make it easier to configure. I'm also guessing that one doesn't work for 4on4 (to show the teams and the score instead of every single player)

But i have the team score in the second screenshot aswell, only located in the bottom right corner? You could make it look exactly like for duel if you wish, i just "spexxxed it up" a little.
2015-10-24, 00:10
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Ake Vader wrote:
Andeh wrote:

But i have the team score in the second screenshot aswell, only located in the bottom right corner? You could make it look exactly like for duel if you wish, i just "spexxxed it up" a little.

I managed to do that thing in your lower right corner as well, but hell it's ugly I would not show that on stream.
2015-10-24, 07:06
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Good feature suggestion.
I'd like to extend it further with a possibility to add a text/label to yhe hud group. So you could have "Thunderdome Season X Final" next to the scores.
Join us on discord.quake.world
2015-10-24, 08:39
News Writer
221 posts

Jan 2013
I don't mean to steal the thread, but since you seem to know this stuff: How do I get my in game +showteamscores/+showscores to show kills/deaths/teamkills? Now it's just the scores.
2015-10-29, 18:50
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
In latest nightly build, you can see names in score_bar during non-teamplay games.

Also hud_score_bar_fixed_order 1 stops the names switching order based on viewed player. (the frag difference fields are still from point of view of the current player).

If required, you can set a different display format when the currently spectated player is on the right hand side of the score bar, using hud_score_bar_format_reversed_small. This would allow for an indicator to highlight the current player.
2015-10-29, 18:55
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
!! Nice meag
Join us on discord.quake.world
  10 posts on 1 page  1