User panel stuff on forum
  2 posts on 1 page  1
European Quake League
2015-09-06, 23:42
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
In general I don't think we will be playing QW in tournaments for many more years if the nature 100% competition. I would really like to see more of the best teams picking up the newcomers/rusty players and not only aiming for a player that will make them better now, but could still be playing qw with us in 3-4 years time =).

So I just wanted to request to all teams that for late additions, please consider letting the lesser skilled and newer players join your teams, and let them play a few games. Check out the transfer section here, ask in #qwrookie if someone wants to join, or check it sometime if someone hints at wanting to play in eql.

I would also like to request that any low skilled players joining a top/medium "div" team now when deadline is over does not take up a late addition slot.

And for eql21 perhaps if you are two star players on your team now in eql20, consider breaking off into two teams and getting some hopefully new people to join your sides =)
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2015-09-07, 14:20
188 posts

Feb 2008
I don't think that this would (or even should) work.

The EQL is a tournament, so it is about competition and that is also where the fun comes from.

Knocking new (or old rusty) players into shape is what the rest of the season is for, outside the EQL.

It is too frustrating for both sides, the good ones getting mad at the stupidity of us dumbos and us having the feeling to ruining the chances.

Also there is always #d99 for those lesser skilled players if they are really interested.
  2 posts on 1 page  1