User panel stuff on forum
  21 posts on 1 page  1
European Quake League
2014-12-01, 09:31
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
The group stage is now over and the playoffs will begin this week. Have a look at the final table and playoff fixtures below.

The regular season has seen some good games even though we missed the grande finale, the game between Suddendeath and Fragomatic. They still have a chance to meet in the final or bronze game since they have qualified for different semifinals.

In other parts of the table I would like to give credit to Fraggers United and Division 99 for playing 9 games which was a nice feat in a somewhat limping table, even though Division 99's game versus Earwax is not counted in the final standings. Also Experience, Paras, Suddendeath 2 and Felia-020 deserves a shout out for playing 8 of their 10 games.

Final standings:

After a few walkovers this is how the final table looks like. Earwax's 2 games has been scrapped from the table since they stopped playing after 2 games.

Experience 23p
Suddendeath 21p
Felia-020 18p
Fragomatic 15p

Fraggers United 15p
Chosen 13p
Suddendeath 2 13p
Ping is no good 11p

Paras 11p
Division99 8p
Earwax 0p

Fragomatic reached A-playoffs because they won more maps than Fraggers United while both clans ended on 15p.

Chosen reached 6th place because they won more maps than Suddendeath 2 while both clans ended on 13p.

Ping is nog good reached 8th place because they won more maps than Paras while both clans ended on 11p.

A-playoff fixtures:

Semifinals:

Experience vs Fragomatic
Suddendeath vs Felia-020

All games are best of 5.
There will be a bronze game.
The deadline for the semifinals is December 7th.

B-playoff fixtures:

Fraggers United vs Ping is no good
Chosen vs Suddendeath 2

All games are best of 5.
There will be a bronze game.
The deadline for the semifinals is December 7th.

C-playoff fixtures:

Division 99 vs Paras

Since Earwax stopped playing the C-playoff winner will be decied with a best of 5 between Division 99 and Paras.
The deadline for this game is December 14th.

The deadline for the A and B playoff finals and bronze games is December 14th but I will come back to this once the semifinals have been played.

Best of luck to all teams!

/Hooraytio
Chosen
2014-12-01, 13:49
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
The regular season is over and the playoffs are about to begin. Having seen 37 out of 55 games the table was limping and needed some adjustments in form of a few walkovers and voided games. In the end the table seems fair with regards to the activity and dedication from some clans and the pure skill from others. The top would most likely look a little different if Suddendeath and Fragomatic didn’t have any games remaining but such is life in the Quakeworld.

As previously mentioned the playoffs are divided into A, B and C playoffs with the teams in A and B entering the semifinals while the teams in C goes straight to the final. The inactivity of Earwax brought about the change in this group.

All games are best of 5 and there will be bronze games in the A and B playoffs. The time frame for the playoffs is 2 weeks with deadlines on December 7th for the semis and December 14th for the finals and bronze games.

A playoffs

Experience versus Fragomatic

Experience played well during the regular season amassing 6 2-0 wins and 2 0-2 losses. They didn’t really come close to winning against Suddendeath or Fragomatic except on E1M2 where they came within 26 frags of forcing overtime versus Suddendeath. Rikoll said it was a bit discouraging to be so soundly beaten on the three other maps against but who knows what can happen in the semi with a good start and some ice cold nerves? This is a good team and Fragomatic better not underestimate them in the semifinal.

Fragomatic managed 5 games where they steamrolled their opponents averaging 386 frags per map while only allowing 65. It was a bit disappointing for the spectators to miss out on the game between Fragomatic and Suddendeath but perhaps they will get another chance in the playoffs. Fragomatic is possibly the strongest team this season and it will be very interesting to see how they will take on Experience in this game. These players will not be happy with anything less than a 1st place this season.

This will most likely end 3-0 for Fragomatic but I hope for a real thriller as I usually do.

Suddendeath versus Felia-020

Felia-020 surprised me a lot this season. From the lineup they didn’t look this strong but they really pounced on the other clans in their skill segment and truly earned their spot in the A playoffs. Only Suddendeath 2 came close to beating them but a close win on DM2 and a crush on E1M2 left Suddendeath 2 with 2 points after securing a DM3 win. This team has practiced a lot during the season and they have really come together as a group. Personally I find it very hard to break their hold of the map and they almost always manage to come back again even if you take over the map briefly. A playoffs will however be too tough for them but they should feel proud of what they have accomplished so far.

Suddendeath went through 6 games without losing a map and the best moment of their season was of course denying Experience that E1M2 win. Other than that Suddendeath did what was required of them to reach the A playoffs and put them in a good position to reach the final. Suddendeath are naturally eager to lay their hands on their third EQL title and the only real threat in the playoffs is Fragomatic. If both clans do what they are supposed to in the semifinals we can all expect an epic battle for glory.

Anything else than 3-0 for Suddendeath will be considered magic and Felia-020 will become gods.

B playoffs

Fraggers United versus Ping is no good

Fraggers United looked really rusty in the beginning of the season with clear 0-2 losses against Chosen, Felia-020 and Ping is no good, teams well within their skill range. They went on to secure 3 points in each of the “must win” games against Division 99 and Paras and on the last night of the season they went ahead and beat Suddendeath 2 in a very close 2-0 game giving them seed #1 in the B playoffs. This game should be very interesting as the group game between the teams was somewhat close and Fraggers United are much hotter now at the end of the season.

Ping is no good only lost to the absolute top teams this season and beat good teams like Suddendeath 2 and Fraggers United 2-0. During the later stages of the regular season their activity went down and they never got around to play against Felia-020 and Chosen, two games that could have proved interesting seeing as Felia-020 played really well and Chosen also sprung to life during the last night of the season. In order to beat Fraggers United again this team will need their best players but I still think this will go to 5 maps.

3-2 for Ping is no good but this can go either way.

Chosen versus Suddendeath 2

Chosen had problems to get 4 during the season and only managed 5 games. During those 5 games they did manage to beat 4 of their opponents including Fraggers United and Suddendeath 2 while losing decisively to Felia-020 0-2. On the very last day of the season Chosen beat both Paras and Suddendeath 2 securing a 6th place In the table. During the season Chosen was a bit demotivated by the big loss to Felia-020 along with the trouble to get 4 players but in the end the spot in the B playoffs brightened their day. Chosen is very dependent on their best lineup not only for the games but for the maps and this will be decisive for them during the semifinal.

Suddendeath 2 had arguably their best game against Felia-020 this season where they pressured Felia-020 to a narrow 2-1 escape. With a little more luck Suddendeath 2 could have had a 2-1 win in that one. They also dropped a map to Paras in that clans best performance this season while losing 0-2 to a handful of other clans. Still, Suddendeath 2 managed to secure 7th place in the table and will have to reload their guns for a rematch against Chosen. Both molle and ok98 were missing for most of the season and they are players who could turn things around for Suddendeath 2. Perhaps we will see them during the playoffs, if so then the other teams will have to be on their toes.

This is a tough one but I will go for a 3-2 in favour of Chosen.

C playoffs

Paras versus Division 99

Paras has struggled this season and the absence of Feari is noticeable. They haven’t been severely outclassed on every map and they average 151 frags for and 238 frags against. In the end they have been found wanting and their only real bright moment came against Suddendeath 2 where they managed to succeed on E1M2 while coming semi close on both DM3 and DM2. Even with the absence of former key player Feari they should not have any problems with Division 99 in the C playoff final.

Division 99 has soldiered on as usual and you just have to admire their persistence. Losing all 18 maps played this season they still find joy in killing enemy rls and winning the sg%. They are not clueless and with their best lineup they should be able to come a little closer to making a dent in Paras armor than they did during the regular season game. Trygve is their star player and Paras will have to watch out not to drop packs or forget about RA on DM3 since Trygve is a good shafter.

In the end this should go down 3-0 in favour of Paras but you never know…

Good luck to all clans!

/Hooraytio
Chosen
2014-12-02, 07:44
188 posts

Feb 2008
Nice writeup, and thanks for running this season!
2014-12-02, 08:22
68 posts

Jul 2013
yesssss we won something, least games played awards BOOOOOOOOM
2014-12-02, 08:32
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
I was hoping to see more of Earwax, you guys had an interesting lineup that could have caused some problems for the clans who are in the b playoffs now.
Chosen
2014-12-02, 13:45
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Site down [again]...!?
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /var/www/web/quakeworld.nu-eql/eql19/conn.inc.php on line 2
Too many connections
Join us on discord.quake.world
2014-12-02, 13:57
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Yes, Zalon is trying to fix it ASAP
Chosen
2014-12-03, 08:40
68 posts

Jul 2013
Hooraytio wrote:
I was hoping to see more of Earwax, you guys had an interesting lineup that could have caused some problems for the clans who are in the b playoffs now.

yeah it is a shame, unfortunately we were unable to get 4 on at the same time, very often 3 (we did try via whatsapp, some harder than others (me one of the lesser ones due to work commitments).

sorry if we let you down, i appreciate the work and effort you put into EQL for a scene that's a bit thin on the ground
2014-12-03, 09:03
459 posts

Mar 2008
sae wrote:
Hooraytio wrote:

yeah it is a shame, unfortunately we were unable to get 4 on at the same time, very often 3 (we did try via whatsapp, some harder than others (me one of the lesser ones due to work commitments).

sorry if we let you down, i appreciate the work and effort you put into EQL for a scene that's a bit thin on the ground

It really can't be stressed enough how important it was for us (read: the QW scene) that EQL to happened this season, and the importance of Hooraytios effort. Even if not all of the games were played, just compare active players and games played before and after EQL was announced from the http://stats.quakeworld.nu site.

Even though our scalp(s) are balding, we can age with style like Donald Trump.
2014-12-03, 09:08
459 posts

Mar 2008
And of course, great with these predictions. I fear they might be spot on, but I will try to bring my A-game to the table and make sure my team takes down these lazy, arrogant Fragomatic people who think they can cruise through yet another season by smashing together some of the best players in the scene.
2014-12-03, 09:55
286 posts

Sep 2012
<3 Hooraytio , even when not playing I'm still happy to have an EQL to follow !
2014-12-03, 11:39
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
I too think it's nice with another season, however i'd really consider changing the format a bit with regards to the divisions as i think the current structure where all kinds of teams are mixed may even scare away mid-tier teams from signing up. Wouldn't it be better to drastically lower the amount of teams in each divisions (maybe even to as low as 4) and maybe also have teams play eachother two times rather than having the blowout games we see today, and try to make it grow again from there?
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2014-12-03, 13:01
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
I can see both pros and cons with that.

You get more even games
You could make a rookie div if we get enough rookie teams

but...

I mean how would you divide the 11 teams of this season into 2 or 3 divisions/groups?
If some teams idle it will seriously break a 4 team division.

The number of teams is the major factor for only having 1 division these last 2 seasons...
Chosen
2014-12-07, 22:24
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
A Semis:

SD-Felia-020 delayed until mon/tues 8th/9th dec
FOM-E delayed until tues 9th dec

B Semis:

CSN-SD2 3-0
FU-PING 3-1

B final: CSN-FU (will most likely be played sunday dec 14th)
B bronze: SD2-PING

Both games BO5
Deadline: Dec 14th

EQL page still down.
Chosen
2014-12-09, 18:08
News Writer
305 posts

Feb 2008
paras d99
Wednesday 10.12. (probably) 20:00 - 21:00

Haven't be able to get in touch with Trygve yet, so dunno if he knows about it.
hopefully we can give them some pressure regardless
Street Vendor Crack down Princess Cop
2014-12-09, 21:19
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
A Semis:

SD-Felia-020 3-0
FOM-E 3-0

A final: SD-FOM
A bronze: E-Felia020

Both games BO5
Deadline Dec 14th

B Semis:

CSN-SD2 3-0
FU-PING 3-1

B final: CSN-FU (will most likely be played sunday dec 14th)
B bronze: SD2-PING

Both games BO5
Deadline: Dec 14th

EQL page still down.
Chosen
2014-12-09, 21:39
223 posts

Aug 2011
SD vs 020-felia 3-0.

Will report when able. 020 put up stronger resistance than I had anticipated and I think they enjoyed themselves despite all the whine prior to the game. Heddans mouse died a couple of times during the games and shaka had to leave a couple of minutes into the first map. GGs!

* Reported.
carrier has arrived - twitch.tv/carapace_
2014-12-09, 23:22
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
It is working again according to Zalon!

http://eql.quakeworld.nu/eql19/
Chosen
2014-12-10, 21:46
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Planning status for the A final:
10/12 - "xterm away and valla is moving"
11/12 - razor away
12-20/12 - cara away
19-29/12 - bps away
30/12 - cara away
31/12 - new years

So, looking at playing the Final any day in January 2015. Let me suggest a date: 4th of January 2015. How does that sound to everyone?
Join us on discord.quake.world
2014-12-12, 10:55
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
From the leagues side its ok with January.
Better to get it played late than not at all.
Chosen
2014-12-13, 14:14
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
The EQL 19 B final will happen on Sunday December 14th at roughly 21 cet!
CSN vs FU!
Chosen
  21 posts on 1 page  1