User panel stuff on forum
  33 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
North American QW
2014-10-23, 14:40
142 posts

Jul 2013
********* KEEP GOING TO FIRST PAGE/FIRST POST - FOR UPDATES OF CONFIRMED PLAYERS/TIMES ***********

*******************************************************************************************************************************

So we have been throwing around the idea recently of having weekly scheduled 4on4 mixes in NA, thinking most likely Saturday or Sunday would be the best time to meet up and finally get some 4on4 games like we used to in 2010-2011. I know there are still a few people that are always around but don't seem to enjoy 1on1/2on2 as much as EVEN 4on4 games, and that is the goal.

Now I need some feedback on what time (morning,evening,day) would be best for most players and which players are actually interested and will try their hardest to come on. Just reply on this thread with any info or ideas that you have. I also had the idea of if it's not too late for UK or any EU players we could play on New York servers and I know many UK players stay up late ;] and have 78-90ms on New York which is great ping.

We will make the teams as EVEN as possible with no whining and try to get some 4on4 action going! If this works out who knows maybe we can bring back our DRAFT league that was running successful for a while until we had some power struggle issues. This time let the king be BLOOD_DOG aka boss of bosses. Unless cream takes over his throne (very close btw) ;]

If we want we can also create a channel to where we can all meet, but I guess we can just use #qw.na @ quakenet.org or even better #YoK

DATE: 10/26/2014 Sunday

TIME: 7pm PST / 10 EST

CONFIRMED PLAYERS:
1) Sane (Late Saturday 8pm PST+ or Sunday anytime)
2) Claw (Sunday night)
3) BLooD_DoG (Saturday early afternoon or Sunday early afternoon + night)
4) Thresher (Sunday anytime)
5) Adrenalin (Saturday or Sunday)
6) Lithium (Sunday Night)
7) Bogojoker (Sunday anytime)
8) Cream (Sunday)
9) Sned (Sunday) Possible
10) Sooint (Sunday) Possible

SO GIVE ME:
1) Preferred times
2) Preferred date
3) Preferred cheats
4) Confirmed players

(Edited 2014-10-25, 19:05)
2014-10-23, 14:41
142 posts

Jul 2013
I can be confirmed for sure for:
Sunday (Anytime)
2014-10-23, 14:55
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
Play in New York and you might get some euro's being able to fill up the numbers...
2014-10-23, 15:04
176 posts

Mar 2012
SANY yo man can i join in
2014-10-23, 15:08
142 posts

Jul 2013
Adrenalin wrote:
SANY yo man can i join in

Ofcourse [Mz]Adrenal1n I'll have dates/times posted by tomorrow hopefully.
2014-10-23, 15:53
214 posts

Feb 2011
Mostly in, but if it's going to be on the weekends then either early afternoons on Saturday/Sunday or late on Sunday.
2014-10-23, 16:17
2 posts

Mar 2012
I can do Sunday at pretty much anytime, during the day is the best though.
2014-10-23, 16:31
176 posts

Mar 2012
im down for a little 4on4!!! lets do it sany saturday sunday would be best for me as well!!!
2014-10-23, 17:37
172 posts

Sep 2013
I'm in. Sundays would be best.
2014-10-23, 17:50
172 posts

Sep 2013
It occurred to me you asked for which cheats are allowed.

I say we allow bogo-ruleset:

http://bogojoker.com/dump/qw/bogo-ruleset.png
2014-10-24, 00:15
124 posts

Apr 2012
Yo, count me in on this fire,,

I'll try to trick foogs into thinking it's an aerowalk tourney too
2014-10-24, 20:38
42 posts

Sep 2014
I might participate in future weeks.

What are your opinions of enabling air stepping?
IGN: sinistral
2014-10-25, 00:14
38 posts

Jan 2014
Sunday evenings should work fine for me. Saturdays or a week night are OK as well.

Attendance will be sporadic for the next couple months.

Preferred cheat: wallhack.
2014-10-25, 02:57
142 posts

Jul 2013
sedicious wrote:

what is air stepping
2014-10-25, 03:01
142 posts

Jul 2013
SO I DID FINALLY SET UP TIME IT SEEMS IT WILL BE BETTER SUNDAY FOR ALL OF US

DATE: 10/26/2014 - SUNDAY

TIME: 7PM PST / 10 EST

Lets start showing up around that time, possibly get some 2on2s in or something and then hopefully by 8pm PST we will have all the confirmed players.
So try to get in at 10est to servers, ill be in a server TEXAS or NEW YORK whatever you'll find me.possibly paste IP in here as well the before.
2014-10-25, 05:15
42 posts

Sep 2014
ag|sane wrote:
sedicious wrote:

what is air stepping

http://wiki.quakeworld.nu/Airstep
IGN: sinistral
2014-10-26, 05:55
8 posts

Nov 2010
I'll join, Saturday early til late, sunday early.

As far as airstep, it's simply SERVER ENABLED CHEATING!!! If god wanted us to airstep he would have put thrusters on our boots. (someone has to say no, and anyway it's non-standard is all)

And I may be seen hanging around early every few nights so join me.
2014-10-27, 21:11
123 posts

Mar 2006
Why am I not surprised. Did any 4v4 happen?
2014-10-27, 22:31
142 posts

Jul 2013
pg wrote:

stick to posting forum posts. useless
2014-10-28, 00:08
226 posts

Jun 2006
pg wrote:

Because 4v4 in NA is probably the worst game mode you can try to get going besides 2on2 dm2.
--irc.quakenet.org #telefrag.me and #QWL | foogsQuakeWorld Ladder
2014-10-28, 15:13
6 posts

Jan 2013
fenris wrote:
pg wrote:

Because 4v4 in NA is probably the worst game mode you can try to get going besides 2on2 dm2.

baldm6 one day cup? spacetopia cup.
(but really we should do one day cups on sunday or something for NA dudes)
2014-10-28, 16:39
142 posts

Jul 2013
Bolwind wrote:
fenris wrote:
pg wrote:

baldm6 one day cup? spacetopia cup.
(but really we should do one day cups on sunday or something for NA dudes)

Like SOME DUEL cups? that'd be doable yeah.
2014-10-28, 17:55
38 posts

Jan 2014
So I hope we keep trying to get this 4v4 thing to a sustainable level. Here are my thoughts on what happened, and ideas for future Sundays:

We only have 10 confirmed people on the list right now, which doesn't leave much leeway if a few people can't make it - which will *always* happen.

It's totally fine if people can't make it. We have lives/other interests. Adren has his new kid, P!NG players had been playing tons of EQL matches earlier in the day, I have school-related stuff distracting me the next couple months, etc. We get it. The trick is to have enough people interested that we can reliably field 8 people each week *despite* all that inevitable stuff. We're apparently not *quite* there yet.

We should therefore do a little more legwork to bring in new "recruits." I bet that once we're up around ~20 interested people we'll have no problems getting the needed turnout each Sunday. Maybe spamming IRC, ESRreality, Facebook, etc a bit more would help, but I'm not really tuned in to all that. I know someone locally who used to play QW and plays TF2 now, so I'll invite them. If all ten of us could do just that, we'd be in good shape.

If we recruit enough people, this will begin to sustain itself organically. I'm involved in a pickup sports group that works the same way. We have ~40 regulars who make it when they can. We show up at the same place on the same night. As long as ~14 people show up, we're golden. Group size is never an issue anymore because word of mouth brings in fresh faces to replace the people who lose interest/move away. So we're self-sustaining. But the key is that we have a *reliable* time/place to show up and get some play time in with minimal hassle. When people have to deal with wondering if enough people will show up, it becomes too much of a hassle and they lose interest. Critical mass is important.

It would therefore help for organization if we had a designated server to meet on. There was some confusion on Sunday because we didn't know where to meet. This server should probably be on the east coast for now so we can augment our ranks with Europeans if needed.

The server should also be hooked up to QTV. When we were attempting to get a game going on Blaze's server (which does not seem to be QTV enabled) there weren't enough spec spots and some people may have dropped or given up.

That's all I've got. So, to sum it up: recruit a few more players; designate a server; enable QTV for that server. If we do those three things, we should be in good shape in the near future.
2014-10-28, 18:50
142 posts

Jul 2013
sned wrote:
So I hope we keep trying to get this 4v4 thing to a sustainable level. Here are my thoughts on what happened, and ideas for future Sundays:

We only have 10 confirmed people on the list right now, which doesn't leave much leeway if a few people can't make it - which will *always* happen.

It's totally fine if people can't make it. We have lives/other interests. Adren has his new kid, P!NG players had been playing tons of EQL matches earlier in the day, I have school-related stuff distracting me the next couple months, etc. We get it. The trick is to have enough people interested that we can reliably field 8 people each week *despite* all that inevitable stuff. We're apparently not *quite* there yet.

We should therefore do a little more legwork to bring in new "recruits." I bet that once we're up around ~20 interested people we'll have no problems getting the needed turnout each Sunday. Maybe spamming IRC, ESRreality, Facebook, etc a bit more would help, but I'm not really tuned in to all that. I know someone locally who used to play QW and plays TF2 now, so I'll invite them. If all ten of us could do just that, we'd be in good shape.

If we recruit enough people, this will begin to sustain itself organically. I'm involved in a pickup sports group that works the same way. We have ~40 regulars who make it when they can. We show up at the same place on the same night. As long as ~14 people show up, we're golden. Group size is never an issue anymore because word of mouth brings in fresh faces to replace the people who lose interest/move away. So we're self-sustaining. But the key is that we have a *reliable* time/place to show up and get some play time in with minimal hassle. When people have to deal with wondering if enough people will show up, it becomes too much of a hassle and they lose interest. Critical mass is important.

It would therefore help for organization if we had a designated server to meet on. There was some confusion on Sunday because we didn't know where to meet. This server should probably be on the east coast for now so we can augment our ranks with Europeans if needed.

The server should also be hooked up to QTV. When we were attempting to get a game going on Blaze's server (which does not seem to be QTV enabled) there weren't enough spec spots and some people may have dropped or given up.

That's all I've got. So, to sum it up: recruit a few more players; designate a server; enable QTV for that server. If we do those three things, we should be in good shape in the near future.

there we go, good points sned and very true. Unlike saying 'typical' 'thought so' you actually have solutions and dont just sit on forums typing. Thank you, lets try and get it done.
2014-10-29, 00:02
226 posts

Jun 2006
wait but isn't he just sitting on forums typing
--irc.quakenet.org #telefrag.me and #QWL | foogsQuakeWorld Ladder
2014-10-29, 12:56
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
well played sir
Chosen
2014-11-06, 15:32
142 posts

Jul 2013
For the past 2 days in NA we've been having constant 4on4's we play about 8 games or so in a row! Lets keep this going spread the word, we need more players to come in here and there! We actually didn't only use 8 players, we also actually rotated players and lineups. The games were very even 20-30frag wins etc. GET IT OUT SPREAD THE GOOD WORD SANE
2014-11-06, 22:36
124 posts

Apr 2012
Last night was FUN!

A bunch of 4v4 matches, followed by some 2v2's or whatever, and then randomly more 4v4 matches. The spec slot increase to 12 seemed to draw in a lot of viewers too, even though it got to be pretty late.

ggs, keep it going :p
2014-11-07, 01:53
172 posts

Sep 2013
Games have been played at:

Dallas - 74.91.114.207:28501
Miami - miami.usa.besmella.com:28501

Like was already mentioned, most games the scores are within 30! Including a few with less then 5 difference in the last minute!
2015-02-17, 10:45
280 posts

Jan 2015
Hi,

Here is dev, you probably already have seen me in any NA quakeworld server trying to have some fun on TDM games. I recently started to play quakeworld again, after a 12 years break. Here in Brazil, is very difficult to find players who are interested in TDM games, so, as I live in the northeast of Brazil, specifically in a city called Fortaleza wich is the landing point of almost all submarine internet cables, and i can ping really good to Miami and NYC as well as other central servers, im looking to NA as the region I can play the quakeworld games I like.

Having said that, i would like to invite you to be part of a group of players who are intersted on playing quality-controlled quakeworld tdm matches on NA servers regularly. If you like the idea and as you are probably a person who has responsabilities, like a job, a girlfriend, a family or a dog to walk, i think it is very important that we SCHEDULE our games in order to optmize the time we got to have some fun.

We can SCHEDULE games for every sunday @ 5pm PST, for example. We can also schedule a game for tonight, or tomorrow. All we need to do is answer yes or no to a calendar event invitation.

So please, if you want optmize the time you use for your entertainment on quakeworld and have higher quality tdm matches, send me and email (andre@logran.com.br; rocha.ab@gmail.com) so we can start doing it. If you have any suggestions on how we can schedule our games in a better way, please share.

Thanks for reading.

--dev

PS: bad english, sorry.
dev
  33 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page