User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2014-09-09, 13:09
14 posts

Sep 2014
I keep on getting kicked from a certain server saying i changed my skin and that is not allowed.
However, i am not changing anything, i just try and kill people which is the goal of this game.
2014-09-10, 09:24
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Something sounds very wrong with either your CFG or your client If you're using EzQuake and an updated version of it, try to download someone elses CFG from here: http://www.quakeworld.nu/configs and see if the problem remains.

If it is fixed you could always tweak another player's config to your liking and call it your own. That's what most of us have done in one way or another.

EDIT: I should add that configs may look or behave weird or not work at all if your monitor's resolution and refresh rate differs from the settings in the cfg (vid_mode / vid_displayfrequency), so make sure these settings match your monitor. Also, for specific models you must first download the models from gfx.quakeworld.nu or they will not work (assuming the config you downloaded is in fact using different models than default)

Yours,
2014-09-10, 13:14
14 posts

Sep 2014
I will try your ideas, thanks!

Both EZquake and FTEQW have issues, but i came to quakeworld.nu and deciced to stay with EZquake for now. BEcause of the community here, the forum.
2014-09-10, 17:21
133 posts

Dec 2008
Isn` t it TF server "Custom TF for people" with ip 75.110.129.206:27500?
It is really kicking for nothing. At least I have no idea why.
2014-09-11, 12:44
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
fastbikkel wrote:
I will try your ideas, thanks!

Both EZquake and FTEQW have issues, but i came to quakeworld.nu and deciced to stay with EZquake for now. BEcause of the community here, the forum.

To be honest, I've never experienced any issues with EzQuake. There was once a dwarfbug when spectating people, but it was fixed in the next nightly build. I believe every and any issue you have encountered has to either do with a broken config or something that you may have done wrong.
2014-09-11, 19:21
News Writer
183 posts

May 2013
Just a thought. Do you have it set up so that enemy skins change with power up pick ups (eg, different skin when quad)? I might be wrong (somebody please let me know if I'm), but I think there may be some servers that will kick you if you have this enabled?
  6 posts on 1 page  1