User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2013-10-21, 20:44
Member
55 posts

Registered:
Oct 2011
y0 everyone :>
I guess you've seen our servers for a while back, but I think a thread for all the suggestions of our servers should be done.
Get ready!

What is BaseQ.fr ?

BaseQ.fr is a Fast-FPS team, following QuakeWorld, Quake Live, DooM (through their ports: Zdaemon, indirectly Odamex, and now Zandronum), and Shootmania.
We are also trying to help those games being as active as possible, by giving tutorials of how to create servers, CFGs, some small fun events, and giving news about those game's tournaments, or through our Social Network pages.
In other words, we try to make the good ol' Fast-FPS games the most enjoyable as possible with the best quality servers we can provide you. (and we definitely won't want to be on the "bad" side of what a server can be)


A few words about our presence here...

About 6 months ago, we've decided to create our QuakeWorld servers through nQuake.
Even though they've been working flawlessly, after some time KTX disappeared, or weird events happened (don't ask me why, I've no idea).
But those last days, we decided to upgrade with nQuakesv 14 our servers, and add 4 other servers to the list. More servers on different IPs, the more fun you can have!
Also, still looking for playing some games, even though I'm bad, really bad, extremely bad at QW. Oh well, compared to Doom... It's another world (and not the goal of the thread)!

Thread goals and "limits"

So, this topic is all about suggestions, and problem-reporting in our servers.

You can ask us to add maps, and so on. We're always open to this ; quality for players before everything else!
Additionnally, If you notice something that "looks" wrong on the server, you can report it to me, and we'll look into the problem. More infos of how to contact below.

ALL our servers are created using ONLY the latest stable binaries of KTX/MVDSV/KTX/QWFWD. No custom binaries or anything else that needed to recompile the sources until it's official.
Of course, we are open to anything else, new modes, etc.

Actual ServerList

We are hosting those wads right now (or later):
Quote:

|= BaseQ.fr - KTX Server #1 =| :qw://qw.baseq.fr:28501
|= BaseQ.fr - KTX Server #2 =| :qw://qw.baseq.fr:28502
|= BaseQ.fr - KTX Server #3 =| :qw://qw.baseq.fr:28503
|= BaseQ.fr - KTX Server #4 =| :qw://qw.baseq.fr:28504
QTV: http://qw.baseq.fr:28000/nowplaying

|= BaseQ.fr - KTX Server #5 =| :qw://qw2.baseq.fr:28501
|= BaseQ.fr - KTX Server #6 =| :qw://qw2.baseq.fr:28502
|= BaseQ.fr - KTX Server #7 =| :qw://qw2.baseq.fr:28503
|= BaseQ.fr - FREE FOR ALL SERVER =| :qw://qw2.baseq.fr:28504
QTV : http://qw2.baseq.fr:28000/nowplaying

QWFWD: qwfwd.baseq.fr:30000


The server is rebooting every day at 6AM GMT+1 !

To contact us, or report a problem:

1) You can post on this thread (you can even chat about that there)
2) Find Ch0wW or Ch0wW7 on #qw.fr / #qwrookie / #quakeworld
3) There is our Facebook / Twitter / Google+ Page.
4) There is my mail, "Ch0wW |at| baseq [dot] fr".

Thank you for reading this, and have fun
BaseQ.fr Administrator o/
2013-10-22, 12:09
Administrator
1024 posts

Registered:
Apr 2006
Ch0wW wrote:
ALL our servers are created using ONLY the latest stable binaries of KTX/MVDSV/KTX/QWFWD. No custom binaries or anything else that needed to recompile the sources until it's official.

The only problem with that is that upstream is dead. The projects are dead. There will be no more official releases.

In the Linux world you normally don't distribute binaries (to avoid dependency/versioning problems and a little bit for optimizations), you distribute the source and then build the binaries for the specific host machine.

If you change your mind about KTX mostly, it's still up on my github account.
2013-10-23, 20:51
Member
55 posts

Registered:
Oct 2011
dimman wrote:

The only problem with that is that upstream is dead. The projects are dead. There will be no more official releases.

In the Linux world you normally don't distribute binaries (to avoid dependency/versioning problems and a little bit for optimizations), you distribute the source and then build the binaries for the specific host machine.

If you change your mind about KTX mostly, it's still up on my github account.


I'll take it into account, do not worry.
As for MVDSV, it seems the projet is stable enough that even without updates, everything goes well; so it's okay. (and in case of, I still got the sources)

For KTX... I'll update the source code with the provided source then. I just hope that it won't cause some problems. Are you sure it is stable enough to compile and to run without getting any kind of problems for the client/server?
BaseQ.fr Administrator o/
2013-10-24, 14:05
Administrator
1024 posts

Registered:
Apr 2006
Ch0wW wrote:
dimman wrote:

The only problem with that is that upstream is dead. The projects are dead. There will be no more official releases.

In the Linux world you normally don't distribute binaries (to avoid dependency/versioning problems and a little bit for optimizations), you distribute the source and then build the binaries for the specific host machine.

If you change your mind about KTX mostly, it's still up on my github account.


I'll take it into account, do not worry.
As for MVDSV, it seems the projet is stable enough that even without updates, everything goes well; so it's okay. (and in case of, I still got the sources)

For KTX... I'll update the source code with the provided source then. I just hope that it won't cause some problems. Are you sure it is stable enough to compile and to run without getting any kind of problems for the client/server?

Feel free to look at the changes yourself. pangela.se:28001-28010 are running that (my) KTX version. No it's not less stable than the version its based on (latest master). I don't know which version the latest "stable" is based on though. Just test it on one server first to verify it works otherwise?
2014-02-08, 01:46
Member
55 posts

Registered:
Oct 2011
I noticed that in http://qtv.quakeworld.nu there is my QW2.baseq.fr QTV proxy, but not the qw.baseq.fr one.

Can an administrator add it ( qw.baseq.fr:28000 ) ? Thank you in advance!

Also, as said in http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/topic/6330/96704/retro-kingdom-1on1-beta-work#96704 , I added rk_b1 on the server .
Never forget the callvote function o/ !

Finally, after a lot of time, I highly thought again of the fact to update KTX , and I decided it to add it, as another exception to my "Only stable release" rule (the first was the re-creation of a behaviour, in another game). I'll compile it tomorrow, and update it.
BaseQ.fr Administrator o/
2014-02-08, 08:03
Member
338 posts

Registered:
Feb 2006
Could you add These Maps ?
ProjectQ1Q3, Frogbot Waypoint and Map Conversion Tutorial @ http://mickkn.mooo.com
2014-02-08, 14:34
Member
55 posts

Registered:
Oct 2011
No problem doing that!

(Aaaaaand it's done at the very moment of this message)

Added maps:
q1q3dm14
q1q3monsoon
q1q3ospdm5
q1q3phrantic
q1q3solid
q1q3thunderstruck
BaseQ.fr Administrator o/
  7 posts on 1 page  1