User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2013-06-15, 07:54
News Writer
283 posts

Jan 2007
Sooo, seeing as I have the setup all sorted at the moment (tho going to modify the hud a bit for next vids), what video should I make next?

I was thinking something a bit different - a 4v4 with a team's voice comms, with the camera tracking different POVs from that team only. Problem is, nobody seems to have any team voice comms recorded! If you do, or know of someone that might, please reply...

Could also do a game which peeps don't think has received as much coverage as it should've - the final of some season of EQL/NQR, or even an epic semi final - would be easier to put existing commentary to video but can also add new commentary, carapace has offered to help out as a 'pro perspective' type which I think will add to the commentary a lot. I'd prefer to do something from the last 6 or 7 years than go back to proper oldskool stuff. That said though, I'm sure there are many players on the scene now who haven't seen the dm2 decider between LakermaN and Kane at TGI...

So, some ideas? And links if you have them?
2013-06-15, 09:38
188 posts

Feb 2008
I'd really like to see some CTF stuff, though I have no idea about what matches would be the most interesting to see, maybe some of the CTF oldschoolers like BLooD_DoG can recommend some?
2013-06-15, 11:01
212 posts

Apr 2006
Classic games with some background story! Maybe you could get some player who no longer plays but often hangs around on IRC and is basically available to co-commentate a game.
2013-06-16, 06:00
News Writer
283 posts

Jan 2007
I like the idea of background story... so if anyone knows stuff about the below games and is willing to either write a paragraph or two about the history leading up to them, what they meant for the teams etc, or to record it alone or with me, then please get in touch! Also there are some gaps - if you can help fill then in then I'd really appreciate it. If you haven't had a hard drive crash with your qw demos and commentary recordings on since 2005ish then I'm talking to you!

I'd really like to get all the Final matches on youtube at some point with original or new commentary. Here's the status, which I'll try to keep updated:

EQL Finals videos master list moved to this thread

Haven't searched for all NQR & other demos yet as I've been concentrating on EQL for now:
NQR1-4: missing demos
NQR5: complete (ds-sr)
NQR6: missing demos
NQR7: complete (cmf-sr)
NQR8: missing
NQR9: complete (plus cmf-fOm semi, and tvs-fOm quarter)
NQR10: complete (dag-sr)
NQR11+: missing

SD1, SD3, SD4, SD5, SD6: missing commentary (have demos)
SD2: missing (though I have it on CD somewhere, final may be a w/o, and apparently has 2 games with Hoony commentary!)

QHLAN1+2: missing
QHLAN3-6: missing commentary
QHLAN7: missing
QHLAN8: complete (la-cmf)
QHLAN9: missing
QHLAN10-12: missing commentary
QHLAN14: complete (tvs-sr)
QHLAN15: missing commentary

If you can fill in any gaps or fancy writing a bit of history about any of the finals, just drop me a note

(Edited 2013-07-17, 12:29)
2013-06-16, 10:34
News Writer
283 posts

Jan 2007
Argghghghgh I should've checked the commentary for this game before starting work on it... it's jehar... think a re-casting is needed. Will see if cara is up for it.

e.g, first few seconds of the dm3 commentary which makes me just want to watch it without any: "karl getting the pentagram first, no real weapons for him yet but he can survive long enough to get through the water, maybe get up to quad, maybe he can have a weapon handed off by his teammate, but this first pent might not mean a lot of frags but [close window]"

*edit: I've updated (and will keep updating) the list above - hopefully if a few people contribute we can get a full archive & hopefully get them all videoed & on youtube for future & past players to enjoy
2013-06-18, 10:59
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Dunno if you know about this, but maybe it can help finding some of the missing:
http://demo.qhlan.org/
Join us on discord.quake.world
  6 posts on 1 page  1