User panel stuff on forum
  12 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2013-03-06, 04:45
Member
112 posts

Registered:
Nov 2010
Thanks for everyone's support regarding my ratings research and daily ratings reports from the foppa servers.

Unfortunately this project is going to be temporarily on hold for the month of March. I have some personal things I need to take care of, but I will certainly be back in April. I am pregnant and will deliver my baby next week.

When I return I will see if I can build and improve on how these ratings are delivered. A PHP page would certainly be much better than a huge PNG.
2013-03-06, 10:51
Administrator
1246 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
I love your rankings, plz come back soon.
And yes, automated web rankings is a must. Hope someone will help you on that!
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2013-03-06, 11:24
Administrator
1022 posts

Registered:
Apr 2006
I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you back well and active in april then!
2013-03-06, 12:15
Administrator
864 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Welcome back later on and good luck!
IRC went Discord -> join the chats @ discord.quake.world
2013-03-07, 13:00
News Writer
220 posts

Registered:
Jan 2013
I love the rankings. Well done! Looking forward to them returning!
2015-11-16, 15:13
Member
459 posts

Registered:
Mar 2008
Anyone got a working link for the Demolyzer app dgCyanide made? Such a shame he sorta disappeared, the weekly mix ratings was fun to follow. It's also a great tool to get a quick overview on what was going on in 4on4 matches.
2015-11-17, 00:51
News Writer
220 posts

Registered:
Jan 2013
Rikoll wrote:
Anyone got a working link for the Demolyzer app dgCyanide made? Such a shame he sorta disappeared, the weekly mix ratings was fun to follow. It's also a great tool to get a quick overview on what was going on in 4on4 matches.

+1
2015-11-17, 01:13
Member
188 posts

Registered:
Feb 2011
erlend wrote:
Rikoll wrote:
Anyone got a working link for the Demolyzer app dgCyanide made? Such a shame he sorta disappeared, the weekly mix ratings was fun to follow. It's also a great tool to get a quick overview on what was going on in 4on4 matches.

+1


I don't have the original installer package, but I do have it installed. I zipped up the folder and uploaded it, you can find it here. Hopefully you can just unzip and run the .exe. I'm guessing you will have to edit the "quakepath.ini" file and change it to your quake\qw folder.

Cheers,
BD
2015-11-17, 17:24
Member
1099 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
https://www.quaddicted.com/files/tools/Demolyzer.1.0.zip
https://www.quaddicted.com/files/tools/Demolyzer.2.0.zip
2015-11-17, 20:29
News Writer
220 posts

Registered:
Jan 2013
But for this to work, someone has to download stats from servers (cyanide only did foppa) every day, run them through this demolyzer-thing and post the results? http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/topic/6007

See also: http://blog.demolyzer.com/ielo/
2015-11-18, 00:29
Member
188 posts

Registered:
Feb 2011
erlend wrote:
But for this to work, someone has to download stats from servers (cyanide only did foppa) every day, run them through this demolyzer-thing and post the results? http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/topic/6007

See also: http://blog.demolyzer.com/ielo/

You can just run any .mvd demo through it for your own interest, no stats downloading or anything else required.
2015-11-18, 09:44
Member
459 posts

Registered:
Mar 2008
Thanks the replies, guys. Aye, the weekly mix stats were great, but on it's own the Demolyzer is a superb tool for analyzing games. Especially 4on4 games which is what it is mainly tuned for.

Cyanide did an awesome job with this, the latest version is almost flawless. Only thing I noticed it "missed", is mega timings and some sort of weapon indicator on the players on the map itself would make it even nicer. It is really Interesting(to me at least) to watch those crucial moments in the game in full overview, seeing the power level shifts and frags per minute change significantly in one teams favor.

I'm not sure how serious any team at the moment is to improve, but if any teams are, this tool is an absolute gem.
  12 posts on 1 page  1