User panel stuff on forum
  3 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2013-02-22, 15:35
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
Yesterday I was playing povdmm4, wondering how it became so boooring. It's basically a one weapon mod for most players. As usual, i used most of the weapons available, and as usual, i lost. But I was having fun.

Then i wondered: it would be awesome if the server printed kills by weapon at the end. Something like

ssg= 3 kills
sng= 19 kills
rl= 4 kills
lg= 2 kills

If that information was available, we could have more objectives in a dmm4 game besides of the frag. For example, the players could agree that the player with most kills by SNG would win the game. This would bring a totally new strategy to the game: do the most damage with rl and lg, then finish him with SNG. This requires other skills than simply aim to target.

This simple change would benefit dmm4, making it FUN again. And why not midair rockets being awarded?
super dmm4 if u ask me

what do you think? Have you ever played dmm4 and tried to have fun for a change?
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2013-02-22, 16:46
94 posts

Oct 2011
I mostly play POVDMM4 and end for getting my aim on. Quick 3 minute and you get the hang of it.
Playing it alot and more then 3 in a row just gets boring.

Me and few others played FFA last night on strange maps and set time to 3 minutes. It was alot of fun and many lol moments. I guess doing something like that could be fun in a dmm4 setting ? So why not find a weird map and set to dmm4 and see what happens
2013-02-24, 04:30
375 posts

Sep 2009
I've always hated povdmm4, and I still can't understand how people enjoy playing it for like 40 minutes in a row...
I've always LOVED end though...
A little while ago, I tried to make povdmm4 fun, with another deathmatch mode (can't remember the number) called: GRENADE MODE, (ps: MY FAVORITE WEAPON EVER)
it was really boring, (maybe becouse "POVDMM4" is a shitty map... made just to test mouses, or: Shaft-whores-bitches Trainning)

but the, we played other RANDOM maps, with this mode: GRENADE (only), and it was VERY FUN!!! dm4 I think was one of them..

(I REALLY encourage you guys to try it, couse for me GRENADE is a whole different type of weapon, and much more COMPLEX than ALL OTHER WEAPONS!)
it's really my favorite weapon of all time (14 years)

(sorry if I went off the topic a bit mushi!)1
(QW Nickname: AL.Kernell)
  3 posts on 1 page  1