User panel stuff on forum
  49 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Site Feedback
2012-08-29, 23:41
Administrator
326 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
This thread is reserved for bug reports relating to QuakeWorld.nu.

If you see a graphical error on the page it would be helpful if you can inform us which browser you are using, possibly if it's broken in your secondary browser as well. A good idea is to include link to screenshot (I advice using imgur, it's super simple to share image).

If you experience other types of errors, try to the best of your ability to describe the issue and include a link to the problem.

Thanks for your feedback!

(Edited 2012-08-29, 23:41)
ready!
2012-08-30, 07:06
Administrator
864 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Hi, this is me. Great site! But you know my opinion already. I was in the dev-team. So here's my bugs:
  • Chrome Version 21.0.1180.82
  • Mac OS X, Version 10.6.8

Tested in FF, and everything looked alright. So this is a browser issue.

http://blaps.se/qw/qwnubugs.png
http://blaps.se/qw/qwnubugs.png


Edit: I found out why. Since I noticed buttons and some stuff were abit blurred, I started suspecting it was something with zoom level. And yes, it was.
"Show actual size" make it pretty. I must've zoomed in/out one step accidently without noticing. So, test it yourselves in 90% or 110% browserzoom.

(Edited 2012-08-30, 07:29)
IRC went Discord -> join the chats @ discord.quake.world
2012-08-30, 10:07
Member
234 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
It would be nice if 'old' links such as http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=50548 could start working again.
2012-08-30, 10:12
Administrator
1843 posts

Registered:
Feb 2006
raket wrote:
It would be nice if 'old' links such as http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=50548 could start working again.

We will be looking at that when we add seo links

(Edited 2012-08-30, 10:16)
2012-08-30, 10:38
Administrator
2046 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
A minor issue is that it's not possible to click thel inks in the "Latest forum post" menu on the main page and get them to open in another tab (ctrl + left click for example). Is it only me who use to open up all the newest threads i see there in separate tabs and browse them one by one?
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2012-08-30, 10:41
Administrator
864 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
I do that sometimes, too
IRC went Discord -> join the chats @ discord.quake.world
2012-08-30, 11:22
Administrator
181 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
raket wrote:
It would be nice if 'old' links such as http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=50548 could start working again.


Alright, we already had backwards compatible support for:

/forum/viewforum.php?id=
/forum/viewtopic.php?id=

Added:

/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=
2012-08-30, 11:38
Administrator
181 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
A minor issue is that it's not possible to click thel inks in the "Latest forum post" menu on the main page and get them to open in another tab (ctrl + left click for example). Is it only me who use to open up all the newest threads i see there in separate tabs and browse them one by one?


Ofc you should keep doing that. Fixed.
2012-08-30, 11:48
Administrator
181 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
bps wrote:
Hi, this is me. Great site! But you know my opinion already. I was in the dev-team. So here's my bugs:
  • Chrome Version 21.0.1180.82
  • Mac OS X, Version 10.6.8

Tested in FF, and everything looked alright. So this is a browser issue.

http://blaps.se/qw/qwnubugs.png

Edit: I found out why. Since I noticed buttons and some stuff were abit blurred, I started suspecting it was something with zoom level. And yes, it was.
"Show actual size" make it pretty. I must've zoomed in/out one step accidently without noticing. So, test it yourselves in 90% or 110% browserzoom.


That sounds like a tricky one to fix. I'm not gonna dive into it atm sorry.
2012-08-30, 11:49
Member
46 posts

Registered:
Jan 2010
Would be nice to have that possibility in "Updates" section
I mean opening in new tab every update

(Edited 2012-08-30, 11:51)
2012-08-30, 12:06
Administrator
2058 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
I press mouse3 to open in new tab and currently it doesn't in Chrome (OS X).
2012-08-30, 12:53
Administrator
181 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
er wrote:
Would be nice to have that possibility in "Updates" section
I mean opening in new tab every update


Looks like that's a bit more tricky to solve. Requires a redesign of those content lists using other HTML elements.
It's a valid point indeed, but I'm gonna have to save it for later.
2012-08-30, 13:26
Administrator
2046 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
The "GUIDES" link (just below the main logo) seems to be buggy when hovering on top of it while moving the mouse. For a split second it turns into a regular "GUIDES" text instead of showing the image it seems.

Using Firefox 14.0.1

(Edited 2012-08-30, 13:26)
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2012-08-30, 14:10
Administrator
2058 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Looks like there's some css issues on the site.

The search field looks weird:
http://ss.dafaq.se/img/7653ScreenShot2012-08-30at4.07.41PM.png


Also, there's a white thingy at the edges of the forum borders.
2012-08-30, 14:20
Member
51 posts

Registered:
Oct 2011
Website behaves odd in Opera. All of it is pushed to the left-hand side. Opera Version 12.01

(Edited 2012-08-30, 14:21)
2012-08-30, 14:35
Administrator
2046 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
I have a feeling that the "Latest forum activity" menu groups by topic. I.e. if there were 10 replies made in the same topic within the last minute (even if it's not that likely) the topic would still only show up once in that menu? Maybe this is intended though. :}
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2012-08-30, 14:57
Administrator
181 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
I have a feeling that the "Latest forum activity" menu groups by topic. I.e. if there were 10 replies made in the same topic within the last minute (even if it's not that likely) the topic would still only show up once in that menu? Maybe this is intended though. :}


Yes, that is by design to not make one active topic hog all the fame =p
2012-08-30, 15:17
Administrator
181 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
empezar wrote:
Looks like there's some css issues on the site.

The search field looks weird:
http://ss.dafaq.se/img/7653ScreenShot2012-08-30at4.07.41PM.png


Also, there's a white thingy at the edges of the forum borders.


Downloaded Opera 12 win, but could not replicate this issue. Please take a screenshot that shows more.
2012-08-30, 15:17
Administrator
181 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Matuka wrote:
Website behaves odd in Opera. All of it is pushed to the left-hand side. Opera Version 12.01


Fixed?
2012-08-30, 15:20
Member
51 posts

Registered:
Oct 2011
swiNg wrote:
Matuka wrote:
Website behaves odd in Opera. All of it is pushed to the left-hand side. Opera Version 12.01


Fixed?

Why yes it is. Looks just how it does in Chrome now. :]
2012-08-30, 15:29
Administrator
2046 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
The "GUIDES" link (just below the main logo) seems to be buggy when hovering on top of it while moving the mouse. For a split second it turns into a regular "GUIDES" text instead of showing the image it seems.

Using Firefox 14.0.1

Now i'm at my computer at home and now it's the "BLOGS" link it happens for instead. :S
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2012-08-30, 15:38
Member
1099 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
The "Recent forum activity" box on the homepage has bad contrast. The background is too busy and bright.

For some reason this text box I am writing in totally locks my keyboard to it. I cannot ctrl-tab to switch to other tabs.

http://www.quakeworld.nu/updates does not let me middleclick to open entries in new tabs. Same for the "View forums Search Rules Favourites Quotes" in the forum.

It would be nice if video pages would link to the plain Youtube url, eg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CveXrNcDSA

Old forum links work again, thank you very much!
2012-08-30, 19:18
Member
1099 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Just noticed:

favicon.ico is 300 Kilobytes, that is insane.
2012-08-31, 18:02
Administrator
181 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Spirit wrote:
Just noticed:

favicon.ico is 300 Kilobytes, that is insane.


That was insane indeed. It's replaced now though.
2012-08-31, 20:49
Member
121 posts

Registered:
Mar 2006
At the "Site" tab:
Quote:
In 2008 Quake was honored at the 59th Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards for advancing the art form of user modifiable games.


Should be 2007 :p if you check that link.



We can't edit our posts anymore?

edit: we can on the forum aperantly, but not at news items, blogs, or whatever else.

(Edited 2012-08-31, 20:51)
2012-09-04, 19:42
Administrator
181 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
TheBeats wrote:
At the "Site" tab:
Quote:
In 2008 Quake was honored at the 59th Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards for advancing the art form of user modifiable games.


Should be 2007 :p if you check that link.



We can't edit our posts anymore?

edit: we can on the forum aperantly, but not at news items, blogs, or whatever else.


You are right, fixed.

Also, comments can now be edited in any section.
2012-09-05, 15:02
Member
312 posts

Registered:
Feb 2006
Updates will partially go over the next line when topic has a lenghty name.

http://i.imgur.com/9Momv.jpg
2012-09-05, 15:20
Administrator
181 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
mipa wrote:
Updates will partially go over the next line when topic has a lenghty name.

http://i.imgur.com/9Momv.jpg


Fixed.
2012-09-07, 07:06
Member
312 posts

Registered:
Feb 2006
This is probably something users shouldn't see. Can't access the messages though.

http://i.imgur.com/ZKyTw.png
2012-09-07, 08:54
Administrator
181 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
That's right, just added forum access conditions in the comment list. Thanks mipa.
  49 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page