User panel stuff on forum
  142 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page
Server Talk
2012-08-30, 14:09
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
If it's CACE that needs fixing, it probably won't happen.

EDIT: but since TF and CACE has the same problem it's probably MVDSV that needs fixing though.

(Edited 2012-08-30, 14:09)
2012-09-02, 09:43
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
Nice work Emp.
2012-09-02, 11:07
344 posts

Nov 2006
Very nice idea. I just recently manually re-installed the Dybbuk servers so I won't probably look at it short term-ish but during that time I really would have appreciated if someone packaged it so I don't have to care about all those settings..

Now bring back the rsync server with all the custom maps commonly played again..
2012-09-03, 08:27
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
empezar wrote:
If it's CACE that needs fixing, it probably won't happen.

EDIT: but since TF and CACE has the same problem it's probably MVDSV that needs fixing though.

Ok, did some minor investigation. It's mostly because of the fact that mvdsv has ported a lot of Q3VM code that is highly 32bit only, I don't think it will get fixed unless qqshka decides to put an effort in and fix it.
2012-09-10, 02:44
159 posts

Jun 2007
empezar!

Excellent work mate really! Hard work of guys like you means a lot to all of us.

Am in the process of trying to set up a qwtf server on a rasberry pi so was pretty disappointed when I read you weren't able to get TF to work with nQuakesv. I'd really love to help you in any way that I can in this regard, albeit without much coding knowledge I don't know what help I can actually provide.

I did notice that mercury (oztf dev) is also trying to get his mod working on the latest versions of MVDSV: on the ozquake forum "I want to get in contact with him to work out why my Oztf in game functions are crashing with the newer servers” 15/5/2012

Perhaps you could get in touch with him and try to work something out? You can find him on steam username: mercury.

Let me know if I can be of any help at all.
FortressOne - A QuakeWorld Team Fortress package for Windows and Linux | https://www.fortressone.org
2012-09-10, 07:54
375 posts

Sep 2009
WOW, great work, great idea!
very nice!
(a ready-working server pack is very hard to find, I had many trouble learning how to setup a server, like disabling the sv_serverip for my own (dynamic ip) server!)
(QW Nickname: AL.Kernell)
2012-09-10, 08:34
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Just for the people who are asking about server stuff. There is only one person who has been really active, almost the only one doing anything, and it is Qqshka on the server side projects. Tonik is the other person who has been adding stuff, but he hasn't been doing it actively in the past years, more like once or twice a year. So the only person you should be talking to is Qqshka.

The biggest problem at the moment is the qw-dev.net website, that has been down for like 6 months? Qqshka has asked Deurk to fix this multiple times, but nothing has happened on Deurk's end so that's that. I don't actively do qw-dev stuff anymore, so I wouldn't know more of the situation.

As for the Qqshka's activity, I've been playing some newer games with him recently (like 100h+) and he seems to play a lot of l4d2 at the moment. Obviously I am not the one to say what he will do and will not do, but if I've understood him properly from our talks, he isn't really keen on doing qw-coding anymore (I guess he likes to play games in the evenings instead of using those hours for qw-coding, for the game he doesn't even seem to play anymore).

So, as far as the qw-dev / serverside goes, I think the safest bet is to find someone who is willing to continue that work instead of waiting for the old beards to make anything happen, serverside coding is pretty much dead.

wernerml wrote:

(a ready-working server pack is very hard to find, I had many trouble learning how to setup a server, like disabling the sv_serverip for my own (dynamic ip) server!)

If you run a server, you should at least have a static IP, or a dynamic IP that changes rather seldomly.
Servers: Troopers
2012-09-10, 10:45
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
Renzo wrote:
Just for the people who are asking about server stuff. There is only one person who has been really active, almost the only one doing anything, and it is Qqshka on the server side projects. Tonik is the other person who has been adding stuff, but he hasn't been doing it actively in the past years, more like once or twice a year. So the only person you should be talking to is Qqshka.

The biggest problem at the moment is the qw-dev.net website, that has been down for like 6 months? Qqshka has asked Deurk to fix this multiple times, but nothing has happened on Deurk's end so that's that. I don't actively do qw-dev stuff anymore, so I wouldn't know more of the situation.
So, as far as the qw-dev / serverside goes, I think the safest bet is to find someone who is willing to continue that work instead of waiting for the old beards to make anything happen, serverside coding is pretty much dead.

Perhaps it would be an idea to move the repositories to Github instead?

Afaik the 32->64 bit issues isn't trivial to solve, so I'm guessing that won't happen from qqshkas side.
2012-09-10, 21:36
405 posts

Jan 2006
dimman wrote:

Well, deurk says qw-dev will be fixed, but something tell me "move to github" is rather wise choice in terms of reliability.
<3
2012-09-11, 06:28
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
qqshka wrote:
dimman wrote:

Well, deurk says qw-dev will be fixed, but something tell me "move to github" is rather wise choice in terms of reliability.

Yes, I think it is. I don't think theres anyone who doesn't appreciate what deurk has done, but the sad fact is that the site almost has as much downtime as it is up, and that can't be overlooked in my opinion.

Many people are used to Github now adays and its pretty easy to fork/do pull requests etc, so I think it would be a step in the right direction, atleast for the repo.
2012-09-11, 15:38
950 posts

Apr 2006
qqshka wrote:
dimman wrote:

Now deurk says it's been fixed.
Also, the repositories have not been down while the site has been.
2012-12-30, 06:52
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
I've added the GPL maps (dm1, e2m2, e3m7, end) that Tonik recently made to nQuakesv.

I've also added GPL maps to the "download maps" script, so new nQuakesv users will be able to update their maps with that script. Older users are advised to download the updated update scripts here:

wget http://fnu.nquake.com/resources/sv_update_scripts.tar.gz

Extract into your nquakesv folder and run the update_maps.sh script.
2013-03-22, 17:46
370 posts

Mar 2008
Any more work being done on this?

I love how easy this is
2013-03-22, 22:21
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
d4rin wrote:
Any more work being done on this?

I love how easy this is

Well, I'm in the works of refactoring the linux script a bit to remove bashisms atleast
2013-03-23, 05:05
370 posts

Mar 2008
One thing that is not needed is the progs folder. You can just place that pak1 file in id1.

As for everything else it's great, easy to setup and modify the files.

Although a restart script would be nice instead of stopping and starting after the files are modified manually.
2013-03-23, 21:40
22 posts

Jan 2013
I don't know how applicable this would be to nQuakesv (I need to check that out!) but FWIW here's the scripts I use for server management in Debian Linux: https://github.com/neogeographica/gameserver_scripts

Includes init scripts, a master keepalive script ( "server_loop" ), and other stuff.

Edit: cleaned up and simplified things a bit. (As usual, when you actually try to explain something to someone else, you end up rethinking it.)
2013-03-27, 13:53
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Is it possible to run nquakesv under win7-64 in some way? If not, any plans for this in the future?
Join us on discord.quake.world
2013-03-27, 15:46
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
bps wrote:
Is it possible to run nquakesv under win7-64 in some way? If not, any plans for this in the future?

Coming this summer to a computer near you.
2013-04-28, 00:54
370 posts

Mar 2008
empezar wrote:
bps wrote:

Coming this summer to a computer near you.

Empezar, What else are you going to upgrade on the package "If you are still working on it".
2013-04-29, 04:10
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
Are there more things to upgrade?
2013-04-29, 22:38
370 posts

Mar 2008
empezar wrote:
Are there more things to upgrade?

Ahh nothing really, Easy to set up and works great =).
2013-08-04, 11:00
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
Started working on the Windows version today...
2013-08-20, 18:28
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
Released the Windows version of nQuakesv today.

It should be a great tool for LAN parties where you want to setup a local server for various reasons (demo recording, low ping, mods, different configuration)...

It can be packaged alongside pak0.pak and pak1.pak to reduce download size.

Enjoy!
2013-08-22, 04:23
375 posts

Sep 2009
empezar wrote:
Released the Windows version of nQuakesv today.

Thanks man!!! luxury!!!
is this the one? http://sourceforge.net/projects/nquake/files/nQuakesv%20%28Win32%29/nquakesv10_installer.exe/download ???
(QW Nickname: AL.Kernell)
2013-08-22, 05:02
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
That's the one!
2013-08-24, 07:35
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
Feedback? Perhaps the wrong time to ask, but I would love it.
2013-08-24, 14:44
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
empezar wrote:
Feedback? Perhaps the wrong time to ask, but I would love it.

I'm not a very experienced server admin and i managed to setup a bunch of servers in just 10 minutes, seems to work when i started it and connected to it. Awesome work again Emp.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2013-08-26, 02:05
3 posts

Aug 2013
Renzo wrote:

Something I noticed: qwfwd and qtv are not "servers", they are proxies.

Hey guys, if they are proxies, how can I start a real qwfwd and qtv server?
2013-08-26, 09:03
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
lucasphi wrote:
Renzo wrote:

I think he was just pointing out a terminology error - you should still use the executables from this installer to start qwfwd and qtv proxies that other people can connect to (it's just that he called them servers in the installer).
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2013-08-29, 02:56
3 posts

Aug 2013
Ake Vader wrote:
lucasphi wrote:
Renzo wrote:

I think he was just pointing out a terminology error - you should still use the executables from this installer to start qwfwd and qtv proxies that other people can connect to (it's just that he called them servers in the installer).

Hey man, thanks for the reply

Well, the weird thing is that I run all servers, but I can only connect to the ktx servers. I cant connect to qwfwd or qtv. Maybe I need to configure something further, or download something extra?
  142 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page