User panel stuff on forum
  37 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Site Feedback
2012-08-14, 11:38
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
mushi: We are involving more and more people atm. I've always liked involving the users in stuff I do as much as possible, however up to some point you can't really do that. There's impossible to listen to what everyone says about everything and it's not possible not run a poll for every small thing.

The plan is to make more stuff user customizable than right now, and a totally different look. Another big difference will be modularity, making it possible to change stuff while the new site matures without much hazzle.

And... I almost forgot, while it won't have everything from the start, the things it will have will rock!
2012-08-14, 12:42
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
Quote:
while it won't have everything from the start, the things it will have will rock!

I know... I have seen the light... and it looks and smells great!
Join us on discord.quake.world
2012-08-14, 15:44
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
dimman:
what i meant is interaction from devs to the community. Example: i dunno what is being done, and that always happened, as far as i remember. And its not cool, there's a feeling of inactivity right now, which would go away if the devs posted (maybe on the blog) whats being planned right now, for the upcoming weeks.
communication is important. =)
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2012-08-14, 17:26
253 posts

Nov 2007
Totally agree with Mushi in that point
cheat 2 win!
2012-08-15, 10:20
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
Ah okey mushi, now i'm with you! I totally agree on that!

The reason why this has been a bit in the dark is most likely because it was me and swiNg who decided to do something new (from the start), and we wanted to have something to show before we brought the idea to Zalon & co.

Well it's approved and it will happen, so I guess:

Look forward to an upcoming news-post! ;-)

(Edited 2012-08-15, 10:21)
2012-08-15, 12:04
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
ah good!
now thats *something*. Keep us informed, even with the small milestones.
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2012-08-15, 13:22
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
There will soon be a news about it. Regarding the site we're lacking a couple of smaller features for the forum (which will be a major upgrade from this, atleast in our opinion), but we're most likely talking weeks not months to launch!
  37 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page